Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:37 (Ref:1080586)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The drive of a definite future champion

What a star Kimi Raikkonen is!

That was the best drive I have seen all year by far IMO.

He had everything thrown at him today. The floor of his car damaged at the start, downshift problems (especially bad to get them at Spa), Schuey chasing him down. His massive lead wiped out, the worry of punctures which afflicted several Michelin runners, several safety car periods, a difficult qualifying.

And yet he still pulls out that lap at the final restart to pull a 2.3 second lead after one lap that broke the back of this race.

This guy is superb. I was super impressed.

That was absolutely inspiring stuff! Here's hoping you can challenge for the title next year Kimi!
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:38 (Ref:1080589)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:42 (Ref:1080594)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi's been driving extrememly well all seaosn - the car's deficiencies masked it for a while, but it's becoming plain to see now. I'm delighted that he's got a win for all his efforts, and I'm sure he's looking forward to a truly competitive 2005. Considering all the problems and frustrations you've already mentioned, his commitment and pace was extrememly impressive. tehre wasn't a phase of the race when he wasn't the fastest Michelin, if not the fastest of all.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:43 (Ref:1080596)   #4
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Great race for Kimi! He was a bout the only one who did not make any mistakes in this race! He deffinately deserved the win!!!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:46 (Ref:1080598)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To be fair boots, I must say I too thought Kimi has been very good all year. I actually think this has been his best year on a driving level.

Today confirmed that.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:53 (Ref:1080608)   #6
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
kimi surely has what it takes. he really did the job today. it was a well deserved and well earned victory with a car that was not 100% and he handled the safety car periods to perfection.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:58 (Ref:1080620)   #7
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed. Great race. Chaos all around and thankfully, he missed most.

Action packed race...a timely slap to those who cried F1 is dead!

Kimi's drive today had ranked him as a star among the upcoming young guns. He established himself as the best among the hyped class of new-comer drivers.

He made a couple of nice moves, had the pace, had the sensibility. And it all fell together nicely..i was praying hard for the last few laps that Kimi's car don't retire.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:04 (Ref:1080628)   #8
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasn't all THAT difficult knowlsey
Good job though,he LOOKED fast all day

Obviously the michy's were fast but fragile today but was it really only a few races back that maclaren could hardly even finish a race??

Future world champion? Definitely ...if michael lets him

Last edited by RWC; 29 Aug 2004 at 15:08.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:06 (Ref:1080631)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, but the fact that all that was thrown to him and yet this young guy kept his head and made not one mistake at a searing pace....

Phew, I'm lost for superlatives!
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:11 (Ref:1080635)   #10
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yepp, it's time Mclaren finally give their drivers good cars..and just in time too!

Mclaren matched Ferrari at Spa, and the safety car was good news for Michelin runners who could exploit their tyres advantage.

It may help kimi a little, but he still did very well against other Michelin runners.

And a nice reversal from Silverstone
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1080638)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any benefit to Kimi from Michael's tyres taking longer to get up to temperature under the safety car was cancelled out by the huge lead Kimi lost to the 2nd safety car, and the small lead for the 3rd one.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:49 (Ref:1080651)   #12
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I wasn't all that surprised by his driving...I always knew he had what it takes. What impressed me the most was that he got the fastest lap at the end. Think about it...you go MS on your tail, very few laps to go, and he still gave er s*%*. I thought that was pretty cool actually.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:51 (Ref:1080653)   #13
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I forgot...MS had posted a fastest lap not long before...so he was up for a challenge and I am sure KR knew it.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:59 (Ref:1080659)   #14
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant drive by Kimi today, I could never quite work out who to rate higher, Raikkonen or Alonso, but now it's Raikkonen ( until Alonso does another Barcelona 2003 performance ) !
Old 29 Aug 2004, 16:10 (Ref:1080664)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Raikkonen is the most polished at this point.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 17:11 (Ref:1080719)   #16
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done Kimi, sterling drive eh....
Looks like drinks are round again, Looks like it will be on the slate again. he he he.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 17:44 (Ref:1080755)   #17
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Credit to kimi.........but was no one else amazed by the size of DC'S balls today?
Old 29 Aug 2004, 17:49 (Ref:1080762)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

yep....DC was incredibly brave!
Old 29 Aug 2004, 18:55 (Ref:1080825)   #19
mstar
Racer

mstar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
once again DC is outraced by kimi (before DC's problems) i am not DC bashing but kimi is going to retire DC if he keeps out performing DC every race.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 20:58 (Ref:1080921)   #20
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
You quite obviously are DC bashing. Kimi was running lighter at the time, although the team smartly switched him to a 2-stop strategy due to the first safety car period. This is to take nothing away from Kimi, who was certianly Driver of the Day.
Old 30 Aug 2004, 00:39 (Ref:1081064)   #21
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by alesi95
Credit to kimi.........but was no one else amazed by the size of DC'S balls today?
My thoughts as well. Both McLaren drivers were exceptional today but having said that, tyres allowed them to be. Schumi's tyres caused him some major headaches today and accentuated just how important a role they play.
Old 30 Aug 2004, 01:18 (Ref:1081079)   #22
Paarma
Racer

Finland
Europe
Paarma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi is a really convincing driver in my opinion. Comparisons are difficult at this moment, but I do think that Kimi will be THE young champ.
Old 30 Aug 2004, 02:13 (Ref:1081112)   #23
BoatOwner
Rookie

BoatOwner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by F1Pete
I forgot...MS had posted a fastest lap not long before...
wasn't that before his last pitstop?
Old 30 Aug 2004, 03:34 (Ref:1081142)   #24
Fuzzyfelt
Racer

Fuzzyfelt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A stirring sterling drive from Kimi. Didn't some journo promise to run naked round Silverstone if McL won a race this year?

On the subject of DC's off ... He was very lucky it didn't happen after Zonta had parked up on the run to Les Combes...
Old 30 Aug 2004, 06:42 (Ref:1081218)   #25
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No need for any comparisations with others - Kimi was the man of the day.

And that fastest lap with just two laps to go, and all those Michelins blowing all around - WOW!!!