Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

View Poll Results: What do you think about my revised Hungaroring?
It's Good, Well Done. 7 77.78%
No, it's impossible to realize. 0 0%
No real track. 1 11.11%
The perfect solution for Formula One. 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Aug 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1682479)   #1
pgm
Rookie

pgm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Revised Hungaroring

This is a new version of Budapest Hungaroring, Is more fast than the actual layout. There's a new section for passing and a very technical turns sequence.
Attached Thumbnails
hungaroring03b_map.gif  
Old 14 Aug 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1682518)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't designed tracks for a over a year now which is a shame as I have been for years. In past Hungaroring edits mine is in there somewhere...

As for yours pgm, first welcome to the forum!

About your design. It's good. Much better then the current one. Nice job.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1682606)   #3
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the forum!

I think you'd have real problems with runoff at the penultimate corner. Remember, when designing for the modern F1 a football-pitch-sized area of runoff is required at all corners. Apart from that not a bad edit.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 14 Aug 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1682615)   #4
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not that's just what mr Tilke thinks, to allow people like Sato and Ide to have a chance to cary on. But still, that corner has no runoff at all, what with the paddock.

Nice edit too, and welcome, but i would leave turn two as it is, but have the exit pointing towards the current turn five, so that there is a straighter run into the corner.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 00:37 (Ref:1682726)   #5
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
I'd keep 2 & 3 as they are but I'd loosen up 4 to allow more chances into 5. I'd probably extend the run to 5 for this reason. Then get rid of the chicane at 6 & 7 & tighten 8 & you'd have loads of overtaking oppertunities. I'm one of the people that thinks that the Hungaroring is great as a challenging track for the drivers as it gives them little time to rest between corners, it's just that it needs more overtaking oppertunities. This can be achieved without buldozing the whole place though.

Old 15 Aug 2006, 05:08 (Ref:1682840)   #6
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I doubt it AF. I detest the track, and for a driver's challenge, you are virtually never driving in a straight line when you're at Spa-Francorchamps.

If the changes at Turn 1 are any indication, trying to make a clear place for overtaking does not necessarily work. With the first and final turns both being in the same direction, you don't have to take some line or other to cross the straight to line up for the next corner. That sort of thing often breaks up runs on the guy in front, but still, even with that, and the fact it's the longest straight on the course, there is little to no overtaking at Turn 1 anyway.

After that first double right-hander, there should be a fast left onto the next existing straight. The trick is, the following left needs to be the slow corner, or you need a significantly longer run into the following right-hander (because the cars have to go from driver's right to left along that stretch).

That right/left chicane bit needs to go. However, even if you tighten that next left-hander (what I think has been referred to as Turn 8), you may still have to go from driver's left to right between the right-hand sweep and the hard left, not to mention that the flat-out run created still is not very long at all.

Reprofiling Turn 8 very likely means doing the same to Turn 9, and if you want another fast stretch after Turn 8, you'll have to redo Turns 9 through 11.

The real trouble is, NONE of the flat-out stretches are all that long, and to make them so would require serious reconfiguration. Also, one big problem with a lot of the edits I've seen, including yours Pgm, is circuit length. The current course is only 2.722-miles, so your edit could come out to less than 2.3-miles. Now, this isn't always a huge issue. A fast, flowing road course can be rather short and still not have major traffic issues, but a relatively tight course like Hungaroring is definitely NOT going to handle the traffic nearly as well (it certainly doesn't as-is, so one can imagine what a shorter version would be like).

BTW, what do the "No, it's impossible to release." and "No real track." options imply/mean? The wording on those two does not relay a clear meaning.

Last edited by Purist; 15 Aug 2006 at 05:13.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 11:01 (Ref:1683077)   #7
pgm
Rookie

pgm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Unfortunately I'm italian and i've post the poll in a chaos moment. I intended "release" for "realize". I'm sorry for my error. Thanks to you and other for compliments.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 12:14 (Ref:1683145)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi pgm, and welcome to tenths

I think the others have just about said it all. Run-off at penultimate corner could be an issue, and I don't really think removing turn two helps matters much for overtaking, I'd probably leave that.

I think if you could realign the sweepers following the chicane a little and have your tightened turn 11 much further to the right of the map, you could fit a longer straight in following the corner, and still have space left over for run-off at turn 12.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1683551)   #9
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
I'm not the one that said that the Hungaroring was a very challenging track for drivers-many of the F1 drvers said this year that they loved the track & found it a real challenge to drive if only overtaking was a bit easier. Their words, not mine.

Here's my Hungaroring again-I feel that it solves many of the problems with overtaking, makes the track more exciting & keeps the track's character.

Old 15 Aug 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1683578)   #10
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, i remember that one AF. It's one of the better Hungaroring-edits i've seen. I think the final corner should be tightened or remodeled somewhat though.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 23:00 (Ref:1683716)   #11
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I voted "No real track." because I wasn't sure what else to put. I don't know that it would be too terribly hard to do most, if not all, of it. However, I don't think it will solve the real problems with the circuit.

AF, I can't say I've heard the drivers say that, and I'd be interested to know which drivers said it. As to your edit, that's probably the best one I've seen. And that fast last corner I don't think would be flat-out, but would be great for setting up the guy in front for Turn 1. I'd be interested to see what it looks like when overlaid atop a diagram of the current course. The one thing I'm not quite sure of on yours is length. It's just hard to tell just how close in lap length to the actual track, but I figure, if it's around 2.5-miles (4.0km), it should be fine.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 07:03 (Ref:1684696)   #12
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unlike many, I find the Hungaroring not all that bad, actually. And, unlike popular belief, the track has given us a number of quite interesting races, too. Wet AND dry.