Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing > NASCAR Fantasy Racing

Old 2 Apr 2007, 18:35 (Ref:1882162)   #101
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Buying H-doujins in Los Angeles, CA
chemhead1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY
Going by the rulings for the V8 series, i'd say yes.

As your really only using the driver change when you 'drop' a driver.
Assuming you mean you only had 3, and now have 4 after dropping one.
Exactly. Seems reasonable, thanks.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 10:18 (Ref:1882599)   #102
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blueblood racing.

First driver change,

Biffle out.

Hamlin in.

over and out.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 12:20 (Ref:1882663)   #103
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, adding a driver does not count towards your team changes, I will be making so changes to the driver changes amounts/rules later this week when I get some more time. Yeh, I did say I won't be changing it , but 2 changes (and usually having to use them together to get the drivers you want) is just too restrictive.

Blueblood: Done.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 18 Apr 2007, 05:23 (Ref:1894414)   #104
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Jacko44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MASSIVE CHANGES AT JACKO JUNIOR RACING

Due to Jacko Junior Racing being stuck in 6th position for almost the entire season so far, we have decided that 6th isn't good enough as we want to go for the win. We are therefore making drastic changes to our line-up which might surprise some.

Leaving the team are the current points leader Jeff Gordon (due to the circumstances of not wanting the same team as others in front of us) and Carl Edwards (who is having a better season than last year but doesn't look like winning).

Replacing them are Jeff Burton (who is coming off the spectacular win in Texas) and young-gun Denny Hamlin, who is showing a little more promise than cousin Carl. JPM will be staying with us as he is exceeding our expectations in his first year in competition.

We know that we'll probably regret these changes at stages during the year, but the changes had to be made:

Newly Revised Line-Up

Jeff Burton $750,000
Denny Hamlin $700,000
JPM $250,000

Total $1,700,000

These changes are to be made effective immediately.

If we could get confirmation on this that would be appreciated.

Kiel Jackson
Owner: Jacko Junior Racing
Old 18 Apr 2007, 14:06 (Ref:1894731)   #105
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Club 27 Racing hits the panic button
After finishing last for the first time in its history Club 27 Racing has sacked all of its drivers. After realising that they can't do this under the rules of the competition the team has graciously decided to only remove AJ Allmendinger & Reed Sorensen. They will be replaced Juan-Pablo Montoya & Joe Nemechek.
Old 18 Apr 2007, 14:54 (Ref:1894760)   #106
StuiE
Veteran

Had been thinking about the driver changes rule, you are now allowed 10 changes throughout the whole season, which while it sounds like alot, isn't all that many over 36 races. If a mod can add that to the first post (for the benefit of any newcomers) that would be great

hence I've not changed your team yet Woodbine, you can make another change if you like.

Jacko44: Done

05 - Peter Brock
Old 19 Apr 2007, 03:52 (Ref:1895213)   #107
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
!!!CHATTERS AUSSIE MOTORSPORTS PRESS RELEASE!!!
After a slow start to the year, Chatters Aussie Motorsports have decided that their recent performance spike (2 positions in 2 weeks!) is enough to start taking this NASCAR business seriously. The team have booted out rookie A.J. Allmendinger and Tony Stewart, and in their place come established drivers Jimmy Johnson and Jamie McMurray.

"It's a Triple J affair," said team boss/overlord Chatters. "We can't wait for the rest of this year now."

CHATTERS AUSSIE MOTORSPORTS
#48 Jimmy Johnson
#42 Juan Pablo Montoya
#26 Jamie McMurray

See you all at Phoenix!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 24 Apr 2007, 15:55 (Ref:1899420)   #108
StuiE
Veteran

Results are coming soon...

Crooks Motorsport will be making wholesale changes to it's team, Out is Clint Bowyer and the dissapointing Kevin Harvick and in is the impressive rookie Juan Montoya, much improved Jamie McMurray and consistent frontrunner Denny Hamlin, which leaves the team as so:

Denny Hamlin (700,000)
Jamie McMurray (500,000)
David Stremme (300,000)
Juan Montoya (250,000)

The team wanted Jeff Burton instead of Hamline, but could not fit him under the salary cap, the team has now used 4 out of 10 driver changes (adding a driver doesn't count as a driver change)

05 - Peter Brock
Old 25 Apr 2007, 03:39 (Ref:1899800)   #109
carma
Racer

Australia
sunny gold coast. oh yeah!!!!!!
carma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuiE
Had been thinking about the driver changes rule, you are now allowed 10 changes throughout the whole season, which while it sounds like alot, isn't all that many over 36 races. If a mod can add that to the first post (for the benefit of any newcomers) that would be great

hence I've not changed your team yet Woodbine, you can make another change if you like.

Jacko44: Done
so whats the go with the rule changes . not happy with that seems a bit unfair since the seson has already started..................
Old 25 Apr 2007, 04:52 (Ref:1899812)   #110
Ben_Dover
Rookie

Australia
Bikini Clad Beaches Gold Coast
Ben_Dover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
S.L.U.T racing

Team Changes;SACKED ; Robbie Gordon,Ricky Rudd and Kyle Petty ;Employed;Jeff Gordon and Danny Hamlin
Old 25 Apr 2007, 05:18 (Ref:1899815)   #111
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carma
so whats the go with the rule changes . not happy with that seems a bit unfair since the seson has already started..................
Agreed.

But seeing as thems the rules, B.O.R.I.N.G are taking full advantage of it .

Montoya will be the only driver we will keep from our line up...

Out: Clint Bowyer, Reed Sorensen and David Gilliland.

In: Jeff Gordon, David Stremme and J.J. Yeley.

That is all folks.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 05:19 (Ref:1899817)   #112
carma
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy
Agreed.

But seeing as thems the rules, B.O.R.I.N.G are taking full advantage of it .

Montoya will be the only driver we will keep from our line up...

Out: Clint Bowyer, Reed Sorensen and David Gilliland.

In: Jeff Gordon, David Stremme and J.J. Yeley.

That is all folks.
SORRY BUT I THINK THE CHANGE IS WRONG AND SHOULD BE TOSSED..............................
Old 25 Apr 2007, 05:22 (Ref:1899818)   #113
carma
Racer

Australia
Sorry But Changing The Rules Once The Season Has Started Is Not Right............
Old 25 Apr 2007, 05:24 (Ref:1899819)   #114
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
SORRY BUT I THINK THE CHANGE IS WRONG AND SHOULD BE TOSSED..............................
Sorry carmy, but it seems it's well within the rules...

You are more than welcome to make changes to you're team
Old 25 Apr 2007, 21:20 (Ref:1900460)   #115
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for that chaps.

The rule has been changed and that's that. Any queries should be kept to Pm or at least toned down a bit.

These public smiley parties get a bit tiresome, so just calm it please.
Old 26 Apr 2007, 07:32 (Ref:1900668)   #116
carma
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Thanks for that chaps.

The rule has been changed and that's that. Any queries should be kept to Pm or at least toned down a bit.

These public smiley parties get a bit tiresome, so just calm it please.
NO WORRIES .... BUT WOULD IT BE A DIFFERENT STORY IF YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE WAS LEADING THE COMP..............
Old 26 Apr 2007, 11:37 (Ref:1900854)   #117
StuiE
Veteran

NASCAR changes rules during the season, this is no different, you can use these to your advantage too. Others and Myself beleived that the 2 driver changes rule was too restrictive, that's not many changes over 36 races, we'll see how this goes and evaluate at the end of the season. It was NOT to disadvantage yourself or anyone else.

Thankyou Knowlesy

05 - Peter Brock
Old 26 Apr 2007, 17:13 (Ref:1901063)   #118
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Quote:
NO WORRIES .... BUT WOULD IT BE A DIFFERENT STORY IF YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE WAS LEADING THE COMP..............
Oh yes carma, because we ALL know someone is totally out to get you and no one else. [/SARCASM]
Old 26 Apr 2007, 18:33 (Ref:1901119)   #119
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You don't have to shout.

And if I was leading I wouldn't give a damn. It isn't my competition to run. But thankyou for taking that line of questioning, I appreciate it.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 08:13 (Ref:1901482)   #120
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Quote:
But thankyou for taking that line of questioning, I appreciate it.
It's not the first fantasy championship I've been in for anything (first on TTM, though), and words from an old message board mate of mine come to mind...]

"It takes one bad apple to wreck the fun for the rest of us."

Even if this stupidly unecessary ordeal blows over fairly quickly and without further incident (which one can only hope by now), it's going to feel like the damage is done. carma will feel cheated because rather than accept mid-season changes (which in an inagural board fantasy comp, it happens A LOT), he'll just feel like he was cheated and told to hush up. The organizer will overcompensate for any possible changes because of fears of more people having some "cheese with their whine". And worst yet, players will just be put off from the spirit of the game and no longer care as much.

So I say this for everyone involved:

carma: Changes happen. Just be happy that someone took their own time and effort to make this, even with trying to figure out the tiny details (like the salary cap and driver prices), especially seeing that this time could have been used for more important things than our entertainment. Besides, it's not like you have money or your reputation or any actual concrete real-life reward hanging on this game. Now if it was the F1 comp, that's a different story....

StuiE, the organizer: You're doing a bang up job of running this comp, and as for any future changes, maybe discussing it for a couple of days with the players won't cheese them off as much (that plus it will save your ass when players try using the "HEY U NEVER TOLD ME U WERE GONNA CHANGE THE GAEM AGAIN" card on you. Preparing for all eventualities and such.

Any other players kinda getting iffy about changes and possible situations like this:...

Just play the %#$@ing game already, for Christ's sake.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bowl of Rice Krispies calling out for me from the cupboards before I go to sleep. Good evening....morning.....day?
Old 27 Apr 2007, 18:55 (Ref:1901822)   #121
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

And remember this is a new comp and this is really a year where it finds it's feet and the rules will, inevitably, evolve slightly.
Old 29 Apr 2007, 03:53 (Ref:1902502)   #122
carma
Racer

Australia
Quote:
And remember this is a new comp and this is really a year where it finds it's feet and the rules will, inevitably, evolve slightly.
have accepted the changes and admit i went over the top. so accept my apolgy to all . let the game go on .

ps. any news on last round results
Old 29 Apr 2007, 11:39 (Ref:1902640)   #123
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Apology accepted.

I'm sure the Phoenix results will be up shortly. Probably with the Talladega results.
Old 1 May 2007, 15:53 (Ref:1904313)   #124
StuiE
Veteran

Have taken all comments on board

In my calculations for my team back a page I somehow got it wrong, and went over budget, adding Montoya when he didn't fit under my budget, ...oops. I didn't score Montoya for my team this week, and now Johnny Sauter is added, bringing the team back within budget.

05 - Peter Brock
Old 1 May 2007, 23:41 (Ref:1904624)   #125
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuiE
In my calculations for my team back a page I somehow got it wrong, and went over budget, adding Montoya when he didn't fit under my budget, ...oops.
Better DQ yourself, Stu!

On a serious note, nice to see we're back on track for the results! Thanks!