Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Feb 2012, 02:19 (Ref:3030713)   #126
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Lamy in at Larbre in the Corvette GTE/AM class , with Canal-Bornhauser ..... brilliant news .

He should make that car sing .

Mücke-Fernandez-Turner for AMR ..... I expect great strides from them this year . Lots of face to save here .
Thats great news from both camps.

I hope Lamy gets back to the magical days of 2005 when he raced for Larbre in the 550, he was awesome! And thats a strong lineup for AMR, hopefully the car is quick out of the box now its a factory effort.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3030844)   #127
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlBD View Post
Level 5 will use the same 3 drivers in both cars? Like you guys said...provisional, right?
João Barbosa will be in the car again: http://www.lemansportugal.com/joao-b...as-de-sebring/

http://translate.google.com/translat...-de-sebring%2F

So, I'm guessing that we're only missing 1 more driver, since Scott normally appears in both so he can guarantee a podium spot for him?

Apparently it will be Tucker-Bouchut-Barbosa + Diaz-Tucker-?
Old 25 Feb 2012, 21:31 (Ref:3031063)   #128
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Perhaps Ryan Hunter-Reay again? He has worked with the team quite a few times if I remember right, including driving their DPs at the Rolex 24.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 23:57 (Ref:3031165)   #129
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Like to see Montagny in it .
Old 29 Feb 2012, 02:31 (Ref:3032785)   #130
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Since Risi Competizione isn't coming to Sebring anymore, Raphael Matos has signed up with Performance Tech in PC for the race

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...h-for-sebring/
Old 29 Feb 2012, 02:35 (Ref:3032788)   #131
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The recap of the 1970's Sebring races is now available on the ALMS site. As with the first two videos, this one is filled with old footage - great stuff!
Old 29 Feb 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3033011)   #132
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just up on daily sportscar this short film is worth a watch , good idea of what sebring is like.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/viewAr...C4152565B3A148
Old 29 Feb 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3033016)   #133
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
Just up on daily sportscar this short film is worth a watch , good idea of what sebring is like.

Whooo I'm a movie star

But appart from that everybody who has not seen this yet should have a look at it. It gives a good impression of what Sebring is like, The guys at Turn 10 are really great fun and real fans!
Old 29 Feb 2012, 15:05 (Ref:3033064)   #134
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:

Cool! Thanks for sharing...I was just about to book my ticket to fly over...when Peugoet pulled out and my main interest was gone! Booooo!
Old 29 Feb 2012, 17:13 (Ref:3033118)   #135
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Damn. If I thought I wanted to go to Sebring before, now I really do!

Really good vid thanks for sharing. I really hope they can find a way to ensure it remains in the WEC.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 01:02 (Ref:3033355)   #136
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've never been either but this now makes me want to take a trip over the pond, seems very much like a bit of France in the US. Hope they do keep it in the WEC.
Very strange hearing US fans saying they don't like NASCAR !!
Old 1 Mar 2012, 01:54 (Ref:3033362)   #137
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I've never been either but this now makes me want to take a trip over the pond, seems very much like a bit of France in the US. Hope they do keep it in the WEC.
Very strange hearing US fans saying they don't like NASCAR !!
Hey, there's plenty of us over here that prefer other forms of racing. Well maybe not plenty, but there's certainly some of us! For those that have never been, the whole Sebring event is really great and the video does a great job of showing the ambiance. This will be my 19th year in a row that I'll be going with my dad and the race spawned a life long passion for the sport which has ultimately shaped a lot of my career decisions.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 03:18 (Ref:3033371)   #138
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First official preview of Sebring out http://www.americanlemans.com/articl...oducing-almstv
Old 1 Mar 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3033637)   #139
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I went in 2003 , and its well worth the trip . Excellant place to spectate all round , excellant track food and plenty of friendly people and laughs .

Just do it .
Old 1 Mar 2012, 19:23 (Ref:3033668)   #140
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Just do it .
Exactly, the place drips with sportscar history. Sure, some years there is great competition, other years maybe not so much. The weather is (almost always) fantastic, you have fantastic access to the paddock, the teams and drivers love having the fans there, there are vendors with great products, a huge variety of food (someone tell me what a funnel cake is like, I have yet to have had one). The fans are enthusiastic, and come from all around the world. Sure, you have some spring break crowd, but they aren't on the fences or spectator mounds-which are populated with people watching faster cars work their way through the lower classes, who are racing each other too, all making noise, brakes glowing as they slow for corners, exhausts popping and banging, and then the blast as the car accelerates off up the course to face other challenges of the track and the other cars. And it goes on for twelve glorious hours.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3033745)   #141
The Badger
Veteran

The local train station is a bit of a laugh though!!!
Old 1 Mar 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3033759)   #142
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
The local train station is a bit of a laugh though!!!
No doubt. I don't actually know where that is. It is a sleepy little rural Florida town most of the year, it gets more population during the winter months as the 'snow birds' come for the weather, golf, and sportsmen come to fish and hunt, but the big change is race week.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3033775)   #143
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a breakdown of some of the ALMS and WEC rules/class differences.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...lations-faq/P1

The summary of it is that Sebring is going to be one confusing race to follow. I'm not sure if all this confusion is really necessary. Also, it looks like the ALMS is dumping "LM" terminology from the classes for the whole season. No more LMP1s, for example, in the ALMS. Just P1s. Could this mean something in terms of Le Mans auto-invites?
Old 1 Mar 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3033794)   #144
Peugeot908
Rookie

United States
Sebring, Florida
Peugeot908 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No doubt. I don't actually know where that is. It is a sleepy little rural Florida town most of the year, it gets more population during the winter months as the 'snow birds' come for the weather, golf, and sportsmen come to fish and hunt, but the big change is race week.
I live in Sebring, 10 minutes from the track. Yes, It is a small hicktown with nothing do it. The ONLY major thing is the track. I can't wait to move from here. Most of the locals see the race is a bother rather than an event. It is very sad IMO.

-Peugeot908
Old 2 Mar 2012, 04:45 (Ref:3033863)   #145
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
(someone tell me what a funnel cake is like, I have yet to have had one)
Fried dough. Powder sugar is nice, but gets everywhere.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3034188)   #146
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf

some car ready to be delivered to sebring, focus on #13 rebellion that seems to have adopted a black/gold lotus like livery as rumored some time ago (or maybe not painted yet, who know)
Old 2 Mar 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3034212)   #147
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Focus on the #12 Rebellion which also has the Lotus livery as reported a few weeks ago....
Old 3 Mar 2012, 02:49 (Ref:3034306)   #148
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The pictures have already surfaced with the Rebellion sporting the Lotus colors. The main thing I notice between the #12 and #13 are the mirrors color. Black for the #13 and gold for the #12.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 03:06 (Ref:3034308)   #149
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
I hope this isnt seen as off-topic but Im hoping to get to the race and was wondering does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay? Im already on my travels, I came to Florida for Daytona and Im staying in Orlando at the minute. I would usually camp but I don't have a tent with me!
Old 3 Mar 2012, 03:44 (Ref:3034314)   #150
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
I hope this isnt seen as off-topic but Im hoping to get to the race and was wondering does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay? Im already on my travels, I came to Florida for Daytona and Im staying in Orlando at the minute. I would usually camp but I don't have a tent with me!
At the track!!! Go to a Walmart and buy a tent, air mattress and a chair. You will be glad you did! The race is amazing but the atmosphere is half the fun. I had a hotel my first year that i never used because I ended up sleeping in my car. You will meet people from all over the world.