Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Jun 2020, 06:32 (Ref:3981975)   #226
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Here there are many people excited to see 30 Oreca compete with each other...
But this virtual historical edition should have had much more ..... everything could be virtually equaled ....
I wonder, because instead of 30 Oreca there were not 30 of the best sports cars of all time.....
Audi r8 LMP, Porsche 911 GT1 98, Toyota GT1, Mazda 787, Peugeot 905, Ferrari 333 SP, Lola Aston Martin, Acura ARX 02, Audi R18, Peugeot 908, Porsche 919, Toyota Ts050, Porsche RS Spyder, Audi R10, Mercedes CLR, Panoz Esperante GT1, Lotus Elise GT1, Nissan GTR LMP1, Nissan R390, Acura ARX 01C, BMW LMR V12........They could have done a BOP with everyone and it would have been a totally historical edition!!!!
Great idea The use of the LMP2 cars is definitely a downside for me, but I guess that they had to do it for licensing and maybe technical issues. Imagine the server load if there were so many different machines in the game!
Old 14 Jun 2020, 06:40 (Ref:3981976)   #227
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
The game does look so very realistic, more now than yesterday - in the morning light / haze.

Still 1/4 time to go!

ETA : They need some team members in the pitlane though, it looks so odd.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 07:04 (Ref:3981978)   #228
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
The sim rig problems are fairly analogous to the random issues that can impact an entry at Le Mans for real.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 07:32 (Ref:3981982)   #229
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Too many tech issues it seems. Quite a catalogue of teams effected.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 07:52 (Ref:3981984)   #230
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well back on board after a few hours kip following the sunrise as usual, broke tradition of no full monty just ham eggs and toast. The race does not seem to have changed much since i left it soon after 5 still dominated by le mans privateers. The system needs to make the cars look more realistic as all cars seem to be as clean as when they started and complete lack of damage/gaffer tape.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 07:59 (Ref:3981985)   #231
Mountain Man
Racer

Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Too many tech issues it seems. Quite a catalogue of teams effected.
Too many? Realistically a significant portion of cars get tech issues.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 08:01 (Ref:3981986)   #232
Mountain Man
Racer

Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well back on board after a few hours kip following the sunrise as usual, broke tradition of no full monty just ham eggs and toast. The race does not seem to have changed much since i left it soon after 5 still dominated by le mans privateers. The system needs to make the cars look more realistic as all cars seem to be as clean as when they started and complete lack of damage/gaffer tape.
There is enough pressure on the computing without adding in visual damage. They have already have had to do 1 reset. I think it's a sensible compromise, they have the damage effect but not visuals
Old 14 Jun 2020, 08:05 (Ref:3981987)   #233
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i know, the system has done very well to process all this and make the race seem realistic
Old 14 Jun 2020, 08:06 (Ref:3981988)   #234
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes indeed so we cant tell if someone is drilling holes to vent fuel tanks.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 08:28 (Ref:3981991)   #235
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Oh red flag, that is going to help Bykolles as they were due to stop and when it restarts they will be much closer i think.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 08:48 (Ref:3981995)   #236
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Another red flag because of server issues. The organization messed it picking rFactor 2 as the platform.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 09:13 (Ref:3981997)   #237
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The reason they picked that platform is it is the only one supporting all the features they needed apparently.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 09:13 (Ref:3981996)   #238
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Cars got going under safety car again after second red flag. Little less than 4 hours to go. Let's see...
Old 14 Jun 2020, 09:17 (Ref:3982000)   #239
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
here go again, handy red flag gave me time for shower and the washing up plus put the little car on charge as it failed to start on thursday do to lack of use.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 09:18 (Ref:3982001)   #240
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As time goes on, realistic visual damage will clearly need to be worked on as it's undoubtedly the weakest visual aspect of the game. As to issues, I don't think there have been any more technical issues in this race than in the real one, to be honest. Different issues of course...
Old 14 Jun 2020, 09:21 (Ref:3982002)   #241
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As time goes on, realistic visual damage will clearly need to be worked on as it's undoubtedly the weakest visual aspect of the game. As to issues, I don't think there have been any more technical issues in this race than in the real one, to be honest. Different issues of course...
Agree.

Although platform issues which affect all cars aren't good for the event. But Rig or Internet issues are, as I mentioned, analogous to the gremlins that can affect teams in the real world.

I think the game needs to be made more spectator centric if they want to expand this...
Old 14 Jun 2020, 09:31 (Ref:3982003)   #242
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The restart looked amazing.

I also salute guys like Verstappen, Leclerc, Norris and Gasly.

They like Alonso, Button and Barrichello have proved they are more than rich brats who happens to be in the best financed car. F1 racers who come to Le Mans rise more than a few steps on my ranking.

Where is Lewis?
Old 14 Jun 2020, 09:31 (Ref:3982004)   #243
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That has to be one of the highlights for me so far, the grin on Kamui's face as the sim driver overcooked it into Indianapolis....
Old 14 Jun 2020, 09:36 (Ref:3982005)   #244
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That has to be one of the highlights for me so far, the grin on Kamui's face as the sim driver overcooked it into Indianapolis....
Yes had me chuckling too
Old 14 Jun 2020, 09:52 (Ref:3982009)   #245
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
I'm so happy to have the name Williams up there!
Old 14 Jun 2020, 10:10 (Ref:3982011)   #246
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
The reason they picked that platform is it is the only one supporting all the features they needed apparently.
It doesn't support the most important feature when you are running a 24 hour race, which is the ability to run for 24 hours.

Last weekend was the Forza Motorsport 7 24h of Le Mans. It set a new record for entries in an online race on Forza, with over a thousand cars. It didn't crash.

Next weekend is the iRacing 24h of Le Mans. It will have over 1200 entries, in more than 20 groups. And it won't crash.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 10:13 (Ref:3982012)   #247
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
That's what they said. I have no idea. I have hanged up my helmet. GPL was my sim.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 10:29 (Ref:3982013)   #248
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
OK there have been a few probs but this has been so much better than i expected.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 10:30 (Ref:3982014)   #249
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
Too many? Realistically a significant portion of cars get tech issues.
Nah. This analogy shouldn't be used to appease the software when it doesn't perform as intended.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 10:35 (Ref:3982016)   #250
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Bykolles seems to be lossing time.