Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:02 (Ref:3982050)   #276
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
All over very good, not quite the real thing but much better that we could have expected
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:02 (Ref:3982051)   #277
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
People on the banks at Indy/Arange are doing a good job of organising themselves and social distancing!
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:02 (Ref:3982052)   #278
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fantastic. I hugely enjoyed that.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:03 (Ref:3982053)   #279
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A man from Bedfordshire has won Le Mans. Now a man in Bedfordshire has won!
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:03 (Ref:3982054)   #280
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
People on the banks at Indy/Arange are doing a good job of organising themselves and social distancing!
they seem to have fallen asleep as no movement at all
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3982055)   #281
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Fantastic. I hugely enjoyed that.
Agreed.

I've watched a few of the virtual Gran Turismo events in the past few years and enjoyed them. Was loving the virtual racing at the start of lockdown but quickly went off it with some of the amateur races (cough official F1) but decided to come back for the big one and well it definitely delivered.

And the best thing is that I don't have that post Le Mans dread where I have to wait a whole year for the next one as we (hopefully) have the real race in September.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:10 (Ref:3982056)   #282
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Agreed.

I've watched a few of the virtual Gran Turismo events in the past few years and enjoyed them. Was loving the virtual racing at the start of lockdown but quickly went off it with some of the amateur races (cough official F1) but decided to come back for the big one and well it definitely delivered.

And the best thing is that I don't have that post Le Mans dread where I have to wait a whole year for the next one as we (hopefully) have the real race in September.
Yes, it was interesting that there were so many references (by McNish in particular) to September. Fingers and toes now tightly crossed....
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:10 (Ref:3982057)   #283
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That left me feeling a little flat.

Excellent racing, clearly enormous fun and very competitive for those taking part, and a very impressive level of professionalism from the teams. I'm in awe of the talent the sim guys have and I think there's untapped talent there for real life.

But seeing the winners fist-pump in their bedrooms at the chequered flag brought it back down to earth with a bump.

It's the best substitute we have, but a stark reminder that even with modern technology, there's nothing to replace the atmosphere of the real thing.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:15 (Ref:3982058)   #284
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I agree, but you have to accept that it just filled a void. If you review it at that level, it was quite enthralling and I enjoyed it immensely.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:15 (Ref:3982059)   #285
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I thought the fist pumping at home was fun. It is what it is.

It’s different. Of course it’s not like the real thing.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:18 (Ref:3982060)   #286
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I agree, but you have to accept that it just filled a void. If you review it at that level, it was quite enthralling and I enjoyed it immensely.
Absolutely. I do not mean it as a slight on the event at all. I'm glad that so many enjoyed it and it's remarkable that Le Mans has reached a new audience without actually happening!

Perhaps I expected too much, or I was in denial about how much I miss the real thing.

Either way, I'm incredibly disappointed to be sat here on the Sunday afternoon of the middle weekend in June this clean and this awake and alert!
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:28 (Ref:3982062)   #287
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I got called to a meeting so missed the end. I enjoyed dipping in and out through the day although I watched the first 7 hrs continuously.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:29 (Ref:3982063)   #288
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Absolutely. I do not mean it as a slight on the event at all. I'm glad that so many enjoyed it and it's remarkable that Le Mans has reached a new audience without actually happening!

Perhaps I expected too much, or I was in denial about how much I miss the real thing.

Either way, I'm incredibly disappointed to be sat here on the Sunday afternoon of the middle weekend in June this clean and this awake and alert!
I started from the point of not really expecting anything. I expected to watch the start, think it was rubbish and switch off. In the end, I watched about 17 hours and enjoyed it massively more than I could ever have imagined. The fact that it was actually a great race helped too....

Oh, and I only took one photo......

I would just about be arriving back at my namby-pamby hotel, ready for a shower, a meal and a sleep! I'm glad to have reached this point, as soon after this the 'Damn, it's all over for another year' depression starts to kick in. I've been in a low mood ever since last Saturday morning when I should have been driving to Pompey to catch a ferry. Now, its a question of whether I'll get the chance to be there in September. I have little doubt the race will take place, but I'm not so confident about how many people will be allowed to be there....
Attached Thumbnails
lmv.jpg  
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:31 (Ref:3982064)   #289
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Once again the great race shows it is one of a kind. Great race. I had so much fun. Thanks for the company here, and see you in a year (or september...)
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:31 (Ref:3982065)   #290
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
I started from the point of not really expecting anything. I expected to watch the start, think it was rubbish and switch off. In the end, I watched about 17 hours and enjoyed it massively more than I could ever have imagined. The fact that it was actually a great race helped too....

I would just about be arriving back at my namby-pamby hotel, ready for a shower, a meal and a sleep! I'm glad to have reached this point, as soon after this the 'Damn, it's all over for another year' depression starts to kick in. I've been in a low mood ever since last Satrurday morning when I should have been driving to Pompey to catch a ferry. Now, its a question of whether I'll get the chance to be there in September. I have little doubt the race will take place, but I'm not so confident about how many people will be allowed to be there....
Me too. At least our "oh god, there's 12 months until the next one" feeling is reduced by 25% with the September race this year.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:47 (Ref:3982066)   #291
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
odd really but suspect i actually watch more of the race than i normally do, if you take the time i am walking around or driving to bits of the circuit. Yes it was not the real thing but overall it was good.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:50 (Ref:3982067)   #292
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well done Rebellion on that win. Wouldn’t it be good if it was an omen to the actual event? Would be a nice fairytale ending for them
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:52 (Ref:3982069)   #293
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Certainly it will be a boost to both Rebellion and williams who are going through a bad patch at the moment, and ByKolles can be proud of their effort to
Old 14 Jun 2020, 15:59 (Ref:3982079)   #294
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well as I posted on another thread, I'm not into sims, e-racing or electric anything so whilst I was aware this event was taking place, I chose to ignore it in deference to watching the Hankook 24H PORTIMAO race also on youtube. However my curiosity had me dipping in and out of the virtual Le Mans as well and I was very impressed with the attention to detail concerning not only the cars but drivers/teams preparations and the overall presentation of the event, top marks to the everyone involved. I wouldn't say I'm a convert but I was pretty hooked towards the end with that nail biting scenario between Kolles and Rebellion; Nick Tandy said post race that sims are not really his thing but the team involvement and atmosphere was almost as thrilling as real thing. Admittedly your never going to fully recreate the atmosphere of a real race but this sure comes close.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 17:10 (Ref:3982081)   #295
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
A good summing-up I think.

The bizarre feeling for me right now is that I have exactly the same post-race feeling as I have every year. OK, I'm a LOT less tired and I'm not unfortunately enjoying a post-race meal with my 'team', but I do feel as though it's over for another year. Perhaps because I watched so much of it....?
Old 14 Jun 2020, 20:03 (Ref:3982095)   #296
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So not the fastes teams won, but the teams with the least netcode issues

https://twitter.com/TeamRedlineSim/s...76258109767680
Old 14 Jun 2020, 20:22 (Ref:3982097)   #297
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post

Max crashed by himself later on in that same lap, that finished them off.

I think the issues the teams had are comparable to electrical/mechanical issues on the cars too.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 20:35 (Ref:3982101)   #298
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankfile View Post
Max crashed by himself later on in that same lap, that finished them off.

I think the issues the teams had are comparable to electrical/mechanical issues on the cars too.
That was because of damage sustained when he was hit due to that netcode

and the mechanical issues in the real race are caused by the car and team themselves, not by external causes wich had nothing to do with anything the teams can affect themselves

Last edited by steve nielsen; 14 Jun 2020 at 20:42.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 20:48 (Ref:3982105)   #299
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as already said about 2 weeks ago, it was basically impossible to guarantee the same stability/quality of internet connection for all 50x4 players around the world for 24H long... I'm sure rfactor2 developers and organizers put a lot of effort into keeping game servers as steady as possible for the race, but it was simply too much... netcode lag/sync issues all over the race and two "red flag" due server was going to crash...

it has been an interesting show, no doubt about, but nothing more than that (IMHO)
Old 14 Jun 2020, 20:50 (Ref:3982106)   #300
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post

hilarious... basically a jojo's king crimson time skip ambush