Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jun 2022, 12:25 (Ref:4115089)   #2226
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Sunday wardrobe change due.

Yes, that's my veggie shirt for the market
I'm still in my Glick shirt!
Old 12 Jun 2022, 14:03 (Ref:4115149)   #2227
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Will WEC ever add a non-commentary feed to their streaming package? Every year I hope it will be there, but it isn't.

Rather a pain if I want to listen to RLM with a stream going. Currently my only options are to mute all sounds from the video feed, watch one of the in-car feeds, or contemplate getting the Eurosport stream instead.
Old 12 Jun 2022, 14:12 (Ref:4115163)   #2228
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG View Post
Will WEC ever add a non-commentary feed to their streaming package? Every year I hope it will be there, but it isn't.

Rather a pain if I want to listen to RLM with a stream going. Currently my only options are to mute all sounds from the video feed, watch one of the in-car feeds, or contemplate getting the Eurosport stream instead.
Send feedback via the social network of your choice. If enough people do, maybe they will listen.
Old 12 Jun 2022, 20:49 (Ref:4115246)   #2229
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG View Post
What is there to contemplate?
Old 14 Jun 2022, 07:29 (Ref:4115490)   #2230
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
...I managed 10 minutes before giving up due to the dreadful production quality.....
In the interest of balance, I very much enjoyed all the RLM content over the past week, not a single dud moment across the whole team of presenters.

Even listened to a couple of their 'Real World Road Test' podcasts in the car driving back home which had no sound issues.

Unless I am mistaken, they didn't have any 'advert breaks' during the live commentary - just shout outs to the partners (Hagerty, Omologato, Cay Man Islands, etc) - so good for them if them can fund the content without them, as they did used to get annoying by the Sunday
Old 14 Jun 2022, 07:47 (Ref:4115494)   #2231
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep agree with that.

I thought Johnny Mowlem was a good addition having been in the race as recently as 2020. Trusswell back in the box was a big highlight too.

Looking forward to re-watching in a few months and checking out the world feed comms.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 08:03 (Ref:4115501)   #2232
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Johnny Mowlem now owns the term "front nose".
Old 14 Jun 2022, 12:20 (Ref:4115541)   #2233
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
In the interest of balance, I very much enjoyed all the RLM content over the past week, not a single dud moment across the whole team of presenters.

Even listened to a couple of their 'Real World Road Test' podcasts in the car driving back home which had no sound issues.

Unless I am mistaken, they didn't have any 'advert breaks' during the live commentary - just shout outs to the partners (Hagerty, Omologato, Cay Man Islands, etc) - so good for them if them can fund the content without them, as they did used to get annoying by the Sunday
Yeah, there's never a dull moment but often a oops we had all that wrong and Paul is here to correct us moment. Sadly they're becoming a bit more common but the off on a tangent moments are worth more. Often I'll go back and listen during the week after while driving for work to catch up on bits I've missed of the race
Old 14 Jun 2022, 13:56 (Ref:4115554)   #2234
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
RLM do a brilliant job, you can tell they have done their homework and their enthusiasm shines through. Of course mistakes are bound to happen when you are commentating on a long race live, but we accept those. They are worth listening to again and again.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 18:44 (Ref:4115621)   #2235
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

They haven't had advert breaks for about 15 years.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 19:54 (Ref:4115640)   #2236
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I confess that I listened to a lot less RLM than usual, not because of any dislike, but an increasing desire to listen to the cars instead. Plus the fact that the ACO was using an English speaking commentator a lot who I thought was pretty good. I had the pleasure of a chat with Trussers, Nick Damen and Joe Bradley on the ferry home.
Old 15 Jun 2022, 01:21 (Ref:4115663)   #2237
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I confess that I listened to a lot less RLM than usual, not because of any dislike, but an increasing desire to listen to the cars instead. Plus the fact that the ACO was using an English speaking commentator a lot who I thought was pretty good. I had the pleasure of a chat with Trussers, Nick Damen and Joe Bradley on the ferry home.
That's one hell of a ferry ride after sir, well done
Old 16 Jan 2023, 12:21 (Ref:4140286)   #2238
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some good news for anyone who missed out on ticket and have Sky Q. They are giving away discovery+ for free to all Sky Q/Sky Glass and Sky Stream for free.

The Eurosport Player is currently in the process of being merged in discovery+. I have no idea what feed will be on there in June but it will be worth a look for sure.

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/artic...-6-99-a-month-
Old 16 Jan 2023, 12:29 (Ref:4140288)   #2239
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Some good news for anyone who missed out on ticket and have Sky Q. They are giving away discovery+ for free to all Sky Q/Sky Glass and Sky Stream for free.

The Eurosport Player is currently in the process of being merged in discovery+. I have no idea what feed will be on there in June but it will be worth a look for sure.

It will be the Official TV comms team for Discovery+ I believe - As per last year so currently expected to be Messrs Haven, Davidson, myself and a second on-air team
Old 16 Jan 2023, 13:02 (Ref:4140290)   #2240
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
In terms of WEC, usually identical content and stream quality with same audio track options.

In some countries Eurosport Player already was not available (website redirected to discoveryplus.com) but in some others like here it changed to eurosport.com/watch, otherwise exactly same content and subscription with identical streams. Just a different website and app.
Old 16 Jan 2023, 13:03 (Ref:4140291)   #2241
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You can also get it for free right now if you're in the UK and have BT TV/BT Sport. Particularly if you're a cycling fan too it's very good.

Although I'm not fancying my chances of getting sufficient data to stream any of it trackside this year.
Old 16 Jan 2023, 13:49 (Ref:4140296)   #2242
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
You can also get it for free right now if you're in the UK and have BT TV/BT Sport. Particularly if you're a cycling fan too it's very good.

Although I'm not fancying my chances of getting sufficient data to stream any of it trackside this year.
When the sun is down, it is usually possible
Old 16 Jan 2023, 16:07 (Ref:4140307)   #2243
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I love that this thread still has "& Shirt"

It was awful
Old 16 Jan 2023, 17:52 (Ref:4140315)   #2244
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which shirt will you wear to watch the race?
Old 16 Jan 2023, 18:11 (Ref:4140322)   #2245
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:

D+ has all the Eurosport streams. I prefer it over the ES Player.
Old 17 Jan 2023, 02:04 (Ref:4140352)   #2246
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I love that this thread still has "& Shirt"

It was awful
I remember the shirt, but did he revive with a different shirt for the 2nd year? I can't remember. and I think we have Mr 43 to thank for the thread title.
Old 17 Jan 2023, 10:14 (Ref:4140389)   #2247
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I remember the shirt, but did he revive with a different shirt for the 2nd year? I can't remember. and I think we have Mr 43 to thank for the thread title.
It's such a while ago I can't even remember what the shirt was about......
Old 17 Jan 2023, 14:26 (Ref:4140412)   #2248
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I still break out my BAD farmer's market shirts for LM in honor of THE shirt
Old 25 Jan 2023, 16:43 (Ref:4141200)   #2249
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Anyone watched the Porsche/Fassbender Road to Le Mans stuff this season on YouTube?

First time I've watched it and really impressed. It does a few things really well. I genuinely don't think I've seen anything better at conveying the sheer gravity of doing Le Mans for someone who isn't a trained racing driver.

It really doesn't pull punches or sugar-coat anything. You can see he's absolutely sh*tting himself. Really mentally struggling at times. It's also pretty decent in the access it gives to debriefs, info, general feel for the racing team. And obviously it's got a generous budget and is shot beautifully. Would not be out of place at all on Netflix. Very much recommend this season and I'll go back and watch the other 3 seasons too.
Old 25 Jan 2023, 17:03 (Ref:4141202)   #2250
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, watched them all and they are very watchable.