Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 12 Aug 2000, 21:10 (Ref:30025)   #1
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems that I can get a really good set up and drive a perfect lap and still be 3 seconds of the pace. Is this game designed to seem realistic by just making it imposible to get on the pace.

I thought this about GPlegends for the first couple of weeks but then I started getting better and got to about a second of the pace and now then a few months later I started setting the pace at some tracks.

Does anyone have any tips??

also does anyone know where I can get a telemetry viewer that allows me to see more than 6 channels of information at once a bit like Magnetti Marrelli. And is there any downloads that allow me to chnge the camber and tyre pressures and see the tyre temps.
Old 12 Aug 2000, 22:09 (Ref:30042)   #2
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mackmot, as far as I know there are no downloads that allow you to change camber, tyre pressures and temps at the moment. Neither is there a telemetry viewer available.

As for the setups, since for every track you need a different setup, I think the best thing to do is go to some GP3 sites where you can download setups for various circuits.

I always got to http://www.alphaf1.com/gp3/ or to http://gp3.gamestats.com/
Old 13 Aug 2000, 04:01 (Ref:30103)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would expect a telemetry viewer to be available soon, as there is one for GP2.

I have tried it, and it is not too hard. If you find it too hard then you are playing at a level that is beyond you and should drive at a lower level. It is designed to be challenging even for an excpert player, and not one of those games where you can pass half of the field on the first lap even at the highest skill level.

As for setups, Gerard is right in that you can get some off of the internet, however these were designed for other peoples cars, controllers and driving styles. Therefore, they will likely not suit you. Your best bet is to drive a few setups, find one you like, and then tweek things to suit your style.

Old 13 Aug 2000, 22:21 (Ref:30246)   #4
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ive thought of an idea, does anyone have any laps that are on the pace that they have saved the telemetry file and set up file for??? If so please could you email it to me at

wayne@mackiemotorsport.co.uk

That would really help because I will then be able to see where exactly I am going wrong at the different tracks.
Cheers
Old 13 Aug 2000, 22:22 (Ref:30247)   #5
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
that is if anyone is on the pace with this game
Old 14 Aug 2000, 01:00 (Ref:30284)   #6
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'm certainly not. I usually make a flyer of a start a la Alesi, and then one tiny spin sends me to the back where I remain for the rest of the bloody race.

Old 14 Aug 2000, 01:14 (Ref:30297)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yah, you guys just need to practice. If you keep spinning, slow down or make a setup change that will prevent it.

I have played GP2 for many years, which handles a lot like GP3. A lot depends on the track and conditions. If you don't know the track, you will not be able to go fast.

I would suggest that you pick a setup for a track you like, start out dead slow (almost street car speed) and work your way up to higher speeds.

OR

Select Amateur skill level and just follow some of the cars around. You learn a track fast that way.

Mackmot, I doubt too many people will have saved hotlaps, as the game is very new. I am still getting the game setup the way I like it.
Old 14 Aug 2000, 22:27 (Ref:30546)   #8
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go to http://www.alphaf1.com/gp3/ and you can now download setups for every track in GP3.
Old 14 Aug 2000, 23:07 (Ref:30572)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although I have to say I had rather a lot of fun today racing round the Hungaroring and Imola, as Eddie Irvine. The Ferrari (perhaps unfortunately) suits my style - chuck it around the track braking far too late...