Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: What is one extra nation you'd like to see on the '14 schedule?
Spain (Catalunya, Jerez, Aragon...) 3 3.23%
Italy (Monza, Mugello, Imola...) 38 40.86%
Malaysia (Sepang) 4 4.30%
South Korea (Yeongam) 1 1.08%
Australia (Phillip Island, Bathurst, Eastern Creek...) 10 10.75%
Germany (Nurburgring, Hockenheim, Oschersleben...) 17 18.28%
Canada (Montreal, Mosport, Mont Tremblant...) 10 10.75%
Portugal (Estoril, Portimao...) 3 3.23%
UAE (Dubai, Yas Marina...) 2 2.15%
Other (please specify...) 5 5.38%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Aug 2013, 21:44 (Ref:3291488)   #26
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
once more or once less won't make appear magically a work ferrari in lmp1 . I am astonished thinking about how a summer rumor without any little evidence can make work the fantasy of so many people. Anyway a lot of people still think that a pair of american astronauts put their foot on moon surface a lot of years ago.

I thought these people didn't exist anymore...
Old 18 Aug 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3291490)   #27
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whereas Intelligent, Informed people know the Earth is flat and the moon is just a lightbulb, right?
Old 18 Aug 2013, 22:02 (Ref:3291492)   #28
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Whereas Intelligent, Informed people know the Earth is flat and the moon is just a lightbulb, right?
Old 18 Aug 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3291496)   #29
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I wonder if India being dropped from F1 has any affect on whether the WEC goes there. I would think itd be more of a chance that they want to have these guys race their track since theyre losing F1!?
Suspect the tax issues that scuppered F1 in India would be even more complicated with the WEC.

My understanding is the teams had to "import" all their equipment, pay tax on it, and then "export" it at the end of the event, and sit and wait for getting anything back.

Having, in the past, had the hellish experience of trying to deliver a piece of enterprise software to a partner company in Chennai I can understand exactly the sort of issues teams go through. If F1 outfits, who I suspect are used to paying lawyers quite a lot, and FOM, haven't managed to see a way through this then I suspect most WEC outfits would run screaming from an event like this. It's a real shame, because there's a clear car culture in India and if the affluent sectors in Indian society could be engaged then it would unlock a vast amount of excitement (just look at what the IPL has done to cricket for, I think, an illustrative example).
Old 18 Aug 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3291502)   #30
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Do BMW have any WEC or LM plans for next year?
BMW Team Brazil want to buy/rent a pair of Z4 GTEs for next year's WEC, but BMW hasn't responded to them yet. BMW may decide that they only want to support the Z4 GTE in USCR with Rahal. Right now BMW Team Brazil is running a pair of Z4 GT3s in the FIA GT Series.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 06:54 (Ref:3291595)   #31
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
The agreements are NOT with the FIA, they are with Bernie and FOM/CVC.
Hey thanks for clearing that. I remember reading something a while back so I must have mixed things up in my head.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 06:55 (Ref:3291596)   #32
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
BMW Team Brazil want to buy/rent a pair of Z4 GTEs for next year's WEC, but BMW hasn't responded to them yet. BMW may decide that they only want to support the Z4 GTE in USCR with Rahal. Right now BMW Team Brazil is running a pair of Z4 GT3s in the FIA GT Series.
The Z4 would really struggle in WEC and specifically at Le Mans without a restrictor break.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 08:08 (Ref:3291612)   #33
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
and don't forget that earth is in the center of the universe with sun spinning around. Copernico? tsk just overated.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3291618)   #34
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
I would like to see more teams like schubert and MVDS to use z4 gte in WEC than a rich but uncompetitive team like team brazil.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 08:22 (Ref:3291620)   #35
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the BMW Z4 even homologated to run under FIA GTE rules?

I remember reading and hearing on RLM a few times that the Z4 isn't even really a GTE car, just somewhere between a GT3 with some extra bits stuck on and a tonne of waivers?

(Dont get me wrong though. I would love the see the z4 and BMW in the WEC next year)
Old 19 Aug 2013, 08:46 (Ref:3291626)   #36
avvelenamento
Racer

Z4 gte is a z4 gt3 adapted with a lot of waivers to GTE rules, bmw neved denied this. Is not a coincidence if during the winter ACO and FIA changed the rule that was forcing manufacturers to use the same street model engine block to the GTE car. Beyond this, another evidence of the ACO homologation is that z4 gte appears on the official FIA bop sheet used for the WEC.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3291689)   #37
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
once more or once less won't make appear magically a work ferrari in lmp1 . I am astonished thinking about how a summer rumor without any little evidence can make work the fantasy of so many people. Anyway a lot of people still think that a pair of american astronauts put their foot on moon surface a lot of years ago.
Oh, I'm so going to love the day (if it ever comes ) when Ferrari confirms an LMP1 entry. In fact, I'm hoping it happens even more now just to see how hard you'd back peddle.

Also, on topic, why on earth is Yeongam in this poll? It's an awful track in the middle of absolutely nowhere, and the WEC going there would only attract about two spectators.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3291704)   #38
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
Also, on topic, why on earth is Yeongam in this poll? It's an awful track in the middle of absolutely nowhere, and the WEC going there would only attract about two spectators.
That's exactly why it's on there...See Bahrain, Sakhir and China, Shanghai.

In all seriousness, I agree with you. The WEC schedule is currently woefully underwhelming. So many wonderful circuits and events possible and yet they choose at least 2 circuits with no history, character or spectators. I'm not overly excited about being at CoTA either.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3291705)   #39
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
...which makes it a very logical choice for the FIA
Old 19 Aug 2013, 13:02 (Ref:3291709)   #40
avvelenamento
Racer

Quote:
In fact, I'm hoping it happens even more now just to see how hard you'd back peddle.
Now you gave a good reason to ferrari to join wec right?
Old 19 Aug 2013, 13:04 (Ref:3291710)   #41
avvelenamento
Racer

China was always inside WEC/ILMC calendar because of peugeot push, but it seems that even audi and toyota don't dislike to be there.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3291719)   #42
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Audi and Toyota sell a LOT of cars in China. As do Aston, Jaguar, Ferrari, etc.
It's the most populous nation on Earth, with a ballooning Middle Class.
Car manufacturers love the place!
Old 19 Aug 2013, 13:45 (Ref:3291725)   #43
avvelenamento
Racer

Same market but different market strategies and targets. High performance and luxury brands like ferrari, mclaren, aston martin, bentley, bugatti and let's say also audi, mercedes and bmw with their top-of-the-range cars plan the number of cars to sell in chinese market year by year, according by how many cars have been arleady sold to chinese customers. Explaining better, 200 ferrari 458 italia have been ordered by chinese customers in 2012, in 2013 ferrari will deliver exactly the 200 458 italia ordered, no one more (with a price between 20-40% higher than europe). Less than 10% of chinese population can buy very expensive cars, the remaining middle class must to work years to buy a reasonable cheap car, and here it comes peugeot (and toyota).
Old 19 Aug 2013, 13:46 (Ref:3291726)   #44
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Absolutely. China is the best place on Earth to get your latest design stolen and mass-produced at lower quality.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3291729)   #45
avvelenamento
Racer

you're right, even if sometimes chinese replicas are hilarious

here is it a chinese ferrari enzo replica...

Old 19 Aug 2013, 15:28 (Ref:3291760)   #46
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Please elaborate... which of these "confirmations" do you speak of?
Oak Racing P1
Strakka Racing
Alpine
SMP Racing
Zytek
Old 19 Aug 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3291764)   #47
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I know it may be sceptical of me, but I only count confirmed entries as when they appear on the grid, or at the minimum when there are pictures of them testing a new car. (if necessary). So many things can, and have gone wrong up to the last minute, that best intents just don't mean confirmed to me anymore.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3291831)   #48
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Absolutely. China is the best place on Earth to get your latest design stolen and mass-produced at lower quality.
Apple loves China and its quality, as do their customers. Didn't you know? People sure do love their iPhone, though!
Old 19 Aug 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3291833)   #49
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I can only just pick one? I want Monza, A1 Ring, and Nurburgring!
Old 19 Aug 2013, 22:17 (Ref:3291871)   #50
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Apple loves China and its quality, as do their customers. Didn't you know? People sure do love their iPhone, though!
Let's get back on track, guys... I know Chinese manufacturing is a fascinating subject (I wrote a school report on it, in fact), but that goes in the "Parc Ferme" section, not the WEC speculation thread.

~~~

And to reply to your post, Simmi, Strakka has been about as confirmed as confirmed can be without actually time traveling to WEC '14 Round 1, wherever it may be.

And OAK seems confirmed as well.

SMP needs to be moved to "likely" (same with Alpine and Zytek - not much has come out of them recently but one can "assume") but I'm not a moderator so I can't do the work myself. I probably need to create another Wiki page!