Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Dec 2002, 10:40 (Ref:441010)   #1
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arrows out

Stop press.
The FIA have rejected Arrows entry for 2003.
What now for them?
Old 2 Dec 2002, 10:42 (Ref:441012)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Boss? They could sign an "ace" like Phil Andrews or Max Wakefield....
Old 2 Dec 2002, 10:50 (Ref:441017)   #3
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"An application to compete in the 2003 championship was also received from Arrows Grand Prix International but was declined for reasons which have been communicated to the Arrows team."

The only TBAs on the entry list are the 2nd Jordan seat, both Minardi drives, and the full name of the Minardi team.
Old 2 Dec 2002, 10:55 (Ref:441018)   #4
dragon x
Rookie

dragon x should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can already see the top team fielding three cars each in 2004. Very sorry for Arrows: they join Lotus, Brabham, BRM, Tyrell etc, etc, etc. on the long list of ex-F1 teams. At least they hold a record: most GPs without a win.
Old 2 Dec 2002, 10:59 (Ref:441022)   #5
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Well this is very disappointing, but not unexpected. I must admit that even I was holding onto a little piece of hope for the Arrows team, however unlikely it was.

And Mr Jordan, you too are a disappointment. You also said a few months ago your driver line-up was finalised, and Sato was safe. Obviously not. Please note EJ was happened to the last team boss that started screwing drivers.
Old 2 Dec 2002, 11:00 (Ref:441023)   #6
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Somebody better break it gently to this guy, he's spent $50M of somebody's money for, what looks like - nothing!!

From allaboutarrows.co.uk

"This latest ‘up’ has it’s roots in a series of quotes given by Oliver Behring, an investment banker for Asset Trust & Partners. According to Behring, his company has bought a 60% stake in the Arrows team for $50million, in the name of a currently unregistered company called German Grand Prix Racing GmbH. The expectation is that a member of Dubai’s ruling family, Prince Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, will make a serious investment in the team. This falls neatly in line with debates that the team will not be saved for real unless the FIA approve their application to enter the 2003 championship.

On that very subject, the 37 year old, has indicated that there is an agreement between Tom Walkinshaw and the FIA that Arrows will be allowed to enter the 2003 championship. According to interviews with the German press there is “a 99.95% chance” that this will happen. Behring has also insisted that Morgan Grenfell are no longer an opposition to the team’s future, although the fact that there is a court hearing in early December - concerning a claim over securities from the investment company - throws this statement into doubt.

The doubt over his words doesn’t stop there either. He has admitted that he has had talks with potential drivers, including Jos Verstappen and Fernando Alonso. This is despite Alonso being confirmed with Renault, and strong rumours that Verstappen is destined for a seat in a Cosworth powered Minardi."
Old 2 Dec 2002, 11:15 (Ref:441031)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Well as ridiculous as that all sounds (especially the part about Alonso) it starts to make sense when you read the source. This is a joke.

The FIA would'nt have taken this step if Arrows really had a deal put together. They gave Tom as much time as they could, but today they needed the proof and he obviously failed to deliver.

R.I.P. Arrows
Old 2 Dec 2002, 12:35 (Ref:441085)   #8
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Old 2 Dec 2002, 12:36 (Ref:441086)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Maybe TW advised the FIA that he will be too busy running Jaguar next year.
Old 2 Dec 2002, 13:24 (Ref:441109)   #10
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ghinzani
Formula Boss? They could sign an "ace" like Phil Andrews or Max Wakefield....
Sorry, but The Phil Andrews (the ace...) had already sign for Lister Cars Ltd
Old 2 Dec 2002, 15:13 (Ref:441157)   #11
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dragon x
... At least they hold a record: most GPs without a win.
And proud of their record they should be!

"So long, Farewell, Auf Weidersein, Goodbye.
*doot doodloo doot doo doo doo
Doot doodloo doo doo
Old 2 Dec 2002, 15:17 (Ref:441160)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
o well.....that is that then !....3 car teams for next year i suppose .
Old 2 Dec 2002, 15:45 (Ref:441180)   #13
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not with 20 cars on the grid.

We'll just have to wait for Jordan and Minardi to go under first...
Old 2 Dec 2002, 15:53 (Ref:441190)   #14
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 is dead, buried in the Boot Hill, 45 caliber hole in the forehead...

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 2 Dec 2002, 17:01 (Ref:441239)   #15
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's dying, folks. Look. It's happening right here, right infront of us. No significant investment on the horizon. Do not underestimate the size of the black cloud on the horizon.

I always like Arrows, purley because their cars were always INTERESTING, something from way out the left feild. Last years car was a fine example of this, and a fine F1 car to boot.

Will be missed.
Old 2 Dec 2002, 20:51 (Ref:441371)   #16
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Arrows had gone ages ago and Tom didn't have the guts to admit it
Old 2 Dec 2002, 21:44 (Ref:441392)   #17
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ugh, the current atmosphere in F1 reminds me of when Jumpin Joe Heitzler ran CART off of turn 1 and into obscurity (Sorry, Pook, but there's only one way you can steer a sinking ship).

I don't see Eccelstone doing anything but harm to F1.

On topic. It was no surprise to me to learn that Arrows went out. No sponsor, no engines, no drivers, no development and *no money*.

Looks like Jordan is next. Not that I mind because I really don't care for EJ at all. Perhaps all here at F1 Rogues can pool out lunch money together and buy Jordan!
Old 2 Dec 2002, 21:49 (Ref:441396)   #18
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Agreed Yoong Montoya. Arrows was dead months ago. The true shame of this was the hope thats now shattered amongst the staff.

As for the "chicken little's" crying the sky is falling, it's not really that bleak. Granted F1 is not at the top of it's game, and changes need to be made, but I still think there is light at the end of the tunnel.

It was only 12-18 months ago that Max and Bernie told us everthing was rosie, and nothing needed to be changed. They were trying to convince us that the show was fine, and that pitstop passing was what we wanted.

Alot has changed now. The powers that be are far more aware of each teams financial strengths than us, and with the knowledge other teams are a little shaky is pushing them in the right direction.

There is too much money to be lost and ego's damaged for them to not work very hard to fix F1's current woes.
Old 2 Dec 2002, 21:53 (Ref:441399)   #19
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
And Mr Jordan, you too are a disappointment. You also said a few months ago your driver line-up was finalised, and Sato was safe. Obviously not. Please note EJ was happened to the last team boss that started screwing drivers.
I'm not. Whatever it takes to ensure the future of the team. And Takuma obviously has his finger in the F1 pie courtesy of Honda. Without Jordan I'm sure he'd end up testing at Honda.
Old 2 Dec 2002, 21:55 (Ref:441401)   #20
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex

As for the "chicken little's" crying the sky is falling, it's not really that bleak. Granted F1 is not at the top of it's game, and changes need to be made, but I still think there is light at the end of the tunnel.

That light is a train coming down the tunnel.
Old 2 Dec 2002, 22:24 (Ref:441421)   #21
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In reality, Arrows was dead months ago. The news today just confirms what many of us have known deep down for quite some time. But it's sad about the false hope that was created for so many people.

Last edited by R; 2 Dec 2002 at 22:25.
Old 2 Dec 2002, 23:36 (Ref:441458)   #22
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
True, R, but it shouldn't have happened.
Old 3 Dec 2002, 02:02 (Ref:441503)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No surprise their application was rejected. They were a laughing stock and have lost all credibility in the F1 paddock.

One team down, ten to go...
Old 3 Dec 2002, 02:09 (Ref:441507)   #24
Aussiefan

It almost seems like people want F1 to die. Cheer up.

Old 3 Dec 2002, 03:13 (Ref:441521)   #25
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like 2002 is the Year of the Pessimist in motorsports. Seriously, that "glimmer of hope" was a PR scam, falsified from start to finish. In Walkinshaws world a team with no money, engines, or dirvers might be able to race but not in ours. Maybe im a sucker but I think theres a lot to look forward to; some good, some bad but the series will live on.