Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 10 Nov 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2332703)   #26
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave
The problem with this tread now is that there is people jumping in on the topic that was not even at the event making things worse than they ever were!! this thread for perspective entrants next year to the formula can only be put off !!! we need to be very carefully what is said on an open forum as it easily can do a lot of damage!!! Is it not about time this tread is Locked?
OK lets not talk about it, it wont do any good anyway. Ray ect. will just have to swallow the damage. Ho hum
Old 10 Nov 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2332711)   #27
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The problem with this tread now is that there is people jumping in on the topic that was not even at the event making things worse than they ever were!! this thread for perspective entrants next year to the formula can only be put off !!! we need to be very carefully what is said on an open forum as it easily can do a lot of damage!!! Is it not about time this tread is Locked?
This isn't really a DMN problem but more one of a few drunk people having their version of a good time. I've been kept awake by parties in the paddock on a few occasions and I've also been involved in parties that have gone on till the early hours, nothing new then and no doubt it wont be the last time it happens. From memory Croix last year but one was pretty good.
Old 10 Nov 2008, 21:39 (Ref:2332731)   #28
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
Big Dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
This isn't really a DMN problem but more one of a few drunk people having their version of a good time. I've been kept awake by parties in the paddock on a few occasions and I've also been involved in parties that have gone on till the early hours, nothing new then and no doubt it wont be the last time it happens. From memory Croix last year but one was pretty good.

J J J Jemma
Old 10 Nov 2008, 22:13 (Ref:2332754)   #29
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont beleive it, a few drunken lorry drivers engagin in debuchery and high jinks have been allowed to enjoy themselves without the rest of us being warned in advance to attend,will have to dig up one Tony Maynard,the only truck driver to be sent to Italy 5 times and only made it to St Omer on each occasion,now he would really liven up the party,a Tim.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 10 Nov 2008, 22:25 (Ref:2332766)   #30
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grichie87
Several people in the paddock saw the whole thing and have reported to the circuit with not much of a responce.
Do you blame them? From what i have seen writen here it seems like they would probebly have been hit by fireworks if they went into the paddock....
Old 10 Nov 2008, 22:37 (Ref:2332777)   #31
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend
Do you blame them? From what i have seen writen here it seems like they would probebly have been hit by fireworks if they went into the paddock....
I was stood in the paddock with friends watching fireworks this was NOT the case its people like you (not wanting to be rude) that i was talking about in my earlier post (five back) blowing this out of all proportion!!!

J J J Jemma
Old 11 Nov 2008, 10:49 (Ref:2333014)   #32
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
Quote:
I was stood in the paddock with friends watching fireworks this was NOT the case its people like you (not wanting to be rude) that i was talking about in my earlier post (five back) blowing this out of all proportion!!!
Thats right, so its just a few really nice people having a bit of harmless fun.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 11:46 (Ref:2333041)   #33
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
Oh and the DJ and disco that Rod could hear at his house 1 mile away that went on till 3am was nice.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2333050)   #34
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
Get your facts right the disco and Dj was packed up and going home by 12 what he could hear (maybe!!!!! was not that loud) was the truck party!!. Are you purposly setting out to wind me up and do as much harm to the DMN's as you can!!!!!!!!!

J J J Jemma
Old 11 Nov 2008, 12:24 (Ref:2333057)   #35
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been told that there is a short-staffing on security for nights. If anything did get out-of-hand, and clearly this is a contentious matter between the differing parties, then maybe a letter to Kirstin Brimsted or JP would be worthwhile.

It appears that it is difficult to work out what exactly did and did not go on, and this is probably accentuated by not having a representative from MSV there, due to staffing issues.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2333061)   #36
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
Im not posting in this thread any more its just getting stupid

J J J Jemma
Old 11 Nov 2008, 12:32 (Ref:2333065)   #37
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I'm not sure that trucks should be allowed to have parties especially if they are racing trucks. It could all end up with a nasty accident if they are all dancing around the paddock at night, then of course there are the fumes and smell.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 16:50 (Ref:2333192)   #38
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
Quote:
Get your facts right the disco and Dj was packed up and going home by 12 what he could hear (maybe!!!!! was not that loud) was the truck party!!. Are you purposly setting out to wind me up and do as much harm to the DMN's as you can!!!!!!!!!
No, DMN are not to blame for any of this, its mostly our guys that suffered.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 16:55 (Ref:2333195)   #39
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Big Dave, which lorry did you drive?
Old 11 Nov 2008, 17:06 (Ref:2333198)   #40
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Big Dave, which lorry did you drive?

J J J Jemma
Old 11 Nov 2008, 17:17 (Ref:2333201)   #41
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Robert Morris has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
For me i hope we race with the trucks next year and they bring a good gate, this makes one happy sponsor. My best bet would be that MSV will use up to date legistration to stop fire works.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 18:06 (Ref:2333227)   #42
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
1) 12 is still way past the circuits curfew, althogth the noise was not engines the circuit has the pontential to recieve complaints from residents and potentially get shut down due to things like this.
2) Does it really matter wether it was the DJ or the trucks own party, the fact that rod birley could hear music from the circuit at 3 o clock is totally ridiculous

It is the trucks, not DMN's reputation that is being damaged...
Old 11 Nov 2008, 18:22 (Ref:2333245)   #43
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Robert Morris has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
West field bend, I was in my motor home not 20 meters from the truckers on the said evening and at about 1.30 was in bed asleep, i'm some what surprised by the amount of people could hear the truckers party at 3am.
Like you and many others we would not want brands hatch to have any more restrictions put on them, so dont lets blow this out of proportion and adress the problem in a professional manor, and calm it down. Perhaps our championship coordinator has or will be writing to the powers that be.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 18:32 (Ref:2333255)   #44
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Big Dave says its people like Westfield Bend are blowing this out of all proportion, I dont think so! When things get out of control and a firework display at midnight in a paddock full of motor homes, race cars and petrol is both illegal, dangerous and stupid.
However it is the circuit owner that will be at risk from the authorities and irresponsible behavior can seriously damage relationships with locals, and this is something that JP has worked long and hard on. As you would expect JP was aware early on Sunday as to the nights events and had his staff photographing the evidence of which there was plenty in the paddock, they had not had either the sense or decency to clear up the extensive mess that was left on the paddock apron!
For me Brands is something special and if a few waywards put their nights enjoyment over many seasons of racing, marshalling, spectating they should not be invited back without a very large deposit to cover the security that would need to be hired to mind them.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 20:46 (Ref:2333338)   #45
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator
So Big Dave says its people like Westfield Bend are blowing this out of all proportion, I dont think so! When things get out of control and a firework display at midnight in a paddock full of motor homes, race cars and petrol is both illegal, dangerous and stupid.
However it is the circuit owner that will be at risk from the authorities and irresponsible behavior can seriously damage relationships with locals, and this is something that JP has worked long and hard on. As you would expect JP was aware early on Sunday as to the nights events and had his staff photographing the evidence of which there was plenty in the paddock, they had not had either the sense or decency to clear up the extensive mess that was left on the paddock apron!
For me Brands is something special and if a few waywards put their nights enjoyment over many seasons of racing, marshalling, spectating they should not be invited back without a very large deposit to cover the security that would need to be hired to mind them.
Thank you, Lets hope JP sorts this out so we can have a civilised race meeting next time
Old 11 Nov 2008, 23:05 (Ref:2333448)   #46
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently the truck series has been warned about it's conduct if it would like to race at Brands again. So hopefully Brands have given the issue the credence it deserved and we can move on.
Old 12 Nov 2008, 00:06 (Ref:2333477)   #47
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
There has been a resignation at Brands, lots of complaints from locals, all the truck drivers have had a letter saying there conduct was unacceptable, JP is on the case!! glad I didnt blow it out of all proportion...
Old 12 Nov 2008, 13:02 (Ref:2333693)   #48
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator
was you there, if not how can you comment

J J J Jemma
Old 12 Nov 2008, 13:43 (Ref:2333715)   #49
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There has been a resignation at Brands
Really ??!!?? As a direct result of this???
Old 12 Nov 2008, 18:19 (Ref:2333828)   #50
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like i missed a good party he he