Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 31 Mar 2010, 10:13 (Ref:2664055)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NHRA...

Hey, i know this dont belong here in this forum, but drag racing aint got it owns forum & there are a few Americans here who may be fans.... Was watching a bit of the "Four-Wide Nationals in Charlotte" yesterday - how awesome was it to see a drag race with 4 cars up against each other
Old 31 Mar 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2664059)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gom

I rarely agree with anything you say!!

But I like NHRA too! I prefer the Jap import stuff to be fair, NHRA is a little too clean and boring!!
Old 31 Mar 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2664102)   #3
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have mixed feelings about the 4 wide racing.

Certainly no denying it was a hell of a show. The noise must been amzing to be there. I only fear that a certain part of the heritage has dissapeared. People who didn't win still got to go through to the next rounds? Maybe it's just me but that part certainly doesn't feel right. Though if they had 32 car fields and only the winner went through....
Maybe I might grow used to it. But I still can't get over 1000ft racing for some reason.

OT- Isn't NHRA currently the second largest motorsport in America? Or did I pluck that out of thin air?
Old 31 Mar 2010, 14:22 (Ref:2664194)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
never been too much of a straight liner fan, but have gotten a bit into Drag racing a bit over the past few years, thanks to a kick ass surround sound system .

the four wide deal is pretty freakin' cool. previous poster put it into perspective as that is a change from what drag racing has been from the beginning. but the first couple of rounds were insane, with three Top Fuel dragsters having to peddle it all the way down the track and the winner having a tire exploding at the finish line. then the finals for both Top Fuel and Funny Cars ended up very close indeed, with the "Man" taking the first 4 wide Funny Car Wally over his daughter. pretty cool, imo.

how could a "race fan" not like this kinda of thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood
OT- Isn't NHRA currently the second largest motorsport in America? Or did I pluck that out of thin air?
must be right cause i know the largest and i know the second ain't the IRL or sportcars of any kind.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 13:05 (Ref:2666589)   #5
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
never been too much of a straight liner fan, but have gotten a bit into Drag racing a bit over the past few years, thanks to a kick ass surround sound system .

the four wide deal is pretty freakin' cool. previous poster put it into perspective as that is a change from what drag racing has been from the beginning. but the first couple of rounds were insane, with three Top Fuel dragsters having to peddle it all the way down the track and the winner having a tire exploding at the finish line. then the finals for both Top Fuel and Funny Cars ended up very close indeed, with the "Man" taking the first 4 wide Funny Car Wally over his daughter. pretty cool, imo.

how could a "race fan" not like this kinda of thing?

must be right cause i know the largest and i know the second ain't the IRL or sportcars of any kind.
NHRA is #2 motorsport in America, Nascar is #2 in all sport in America last I heard.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 5 Apr 2010, 15:29 (Ref:2667146)   #6
billiaml
Racer

United States
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, USA
billiaml should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 4-wide racing was cool, but I think it'll be a while before it catches on outside of the 1 facility.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2667245)   #7
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it is a fantastic idea. They are able to cram more racing into one day... fixing one of the problems with spectating at the drag strip. The teams have to turn around the cars a bit quicker however.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 07:10 (Ref:2668069)   #8
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only issue I can see is the safety one. If someone wrecks in one of the middle lanes, getting to them will be harder/slower. Even though they'll be no more than 500ft from either end of the strip!!!
Old 7 Apr 2010, 23:36 (Ref:2668536)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R59 View Post
The only issue I can see is the safety one. If someone wrecks in one of the middle lanes, getting to them will be harder/slower.
i'd say "that's racin", but it seems to create more of a hazard.....

or does it?

more cars but less times down the track...
Old 8 Apr 2010, 00:10 (Ref:2668551)   #10
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is just two, two lane tacks next to each other so I can't see it being any more difficult than currently..
Old 8 Apr 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2668775)   #11
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went to see the 4 wide racing on the Sunday as I was in Charlotte on holiday, it was the first time I had ever been drag racing and it was certainly loud and very fast!! I wasn't exactly sure what was going on and from what I have read it didn't go down that well with the drivers or the fans but I enjoyed it until the rain came!