Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Feb 2004, 20:48 (Ref:881537)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
A new member : Alfonso De Orleans

I have the pleasure to welcome as a Ten-Tenths member someone we do appreciate a lot here : Alfonso De Orleans.

I hope that he'll use this thread to give some news from his team and goals for months and years to come.

But with Fulvio and Guy Smith, to mention to famous other members, it's difficult to not beeing proud to welcome another great actor of our passion !

Old 21 Feb 2004, 20:54 (Ref:881540)   #2
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whats he upto at the moment?
Old 21 Feb 2004, 20:56 (Ref:881542)   #3
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey I emailed Alfonso not so long ago about his plans for this year and he waited to email me back until his plans had been sorted out so he could give me an answer and then apologized for the late reply, top guy in my opinion,

Welcome to the forum Alfonso

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 21 Feb 2004, 21:02 (Ref:881545)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Notice that we all could encourage Alfonso and Racing Ingeniering by voting for "LMES" in the series that RE should involved in on their site... go there and vote for LMES !
Old 21 Feb 2004, 21:03 (Ref:881546)   #5
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Already done so Thats when I sent my email too

Old 21 Feb 2004, 21:13 (Ref:881551)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Notice that we all could encourage Alfonso and Racing Ingeniering by voting for "LMES" in the series that RE should involved in on their site... go there and vote for LMES !
Been there done it.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 21:47 (Ref:881568)   #7
Alfonso de Orleans
Racer

Spain
Near the Jerez race track, Spain
Alfonso de Orleans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone. Great to hear that there is support for the boys who work hard at it all year, and I am not only talking about the drivers who are doing their best.

In regards to the LMES, we are going to have to give it a skip this year. I don't know what happened, but all the projects we worked on just fell through.

For example, We could not get our hands on any Audi's. Can't blame them for building great cars, can we. So off to see Porsche. Too late, all new RSR's are sold out as well. Can't blame them as well, we went to them too late. So, that leaves us waiting on other projects, but this late in the game, we prefer seeing how the season moves on and really sit down with the manufacturers to sort something out. That way, we won't get caught out in 2005.

We are still waiting for a Spanish GT program, but that is between us and a couple of other teams. So we are still fighting it out.

Like I tell everyone, I only have one ambition, winning Le Mans, and I am going to make it even if it kills me. All the rest is just practice leading up to it.

:-)
Old 21 Feb 2004, 21:59 (Ref:881575)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Didn't we do that months ago?

BTW Welcome Alfonso Orleans!
Old 21 Feb 2004, 22:12 (Ref:881581)   #9
Alfonso de Orleans
Racer

Spain
OK, now I understand why there where so many people that wanted us to do LMES. We really didn't know where that came from. It was you guys. Excellent...you guys are great.

I will tell the boys on Monday.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 22:15 (Ref:881584)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Alfonso Orleans
OK, now I understand why there where so many people that wanted us to do LMES. We really didn't know where that came from. It was you guys. Excellent...you guys are great.

I will tell the boys on Monday.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 22:15 (Ref:881585)   #11
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK

Old 21 Feb 2004, 22:27 (Ref:881592)   #12
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Alfonso .
Old 22 Feb 2004, 00:33 (Ref:881637)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome Alfonso.....

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk...orsche9101.JPG
Old 22 Feb 2004, 00:33 (Ref:881638)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope that I've got the right one..... ?
Old 22 Feb 2004, 00:37 (Ref:881640)   #15
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Isn't that a Kremer Porsche?

This is the one as far as I know...

http://racingsportscars.t35.com/phot...-06-18-072.jpg

Old 22 Feb 2004, 00:44 (Ref:881643)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Mine is the 91 Heico Porsche from 1995. According to my records, driven by Saldana, de Castro and Prince Alfonso d'Orleans. Or am I mistaking our new member for someone else?
Old 22 Feb 2004, 00:50 (Ref:881644)   #17
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly, that is Le Mans 95 and although Heico was the team named, it´s a Kremer Porsche yes. Drivers were Tomás Saldaña, Miguel de Castro and Alfonso de Orleans as Ayse says.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 00:55 (Ref:881648)   #18
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
No I don't know what im on about! brain fade!

My mistake, you two are right....

...I'm going to bed!

Last edited by Duffacus; 22 Feb 2004 at 00:58.

Old 22 Feb 2004, 08:15 (Ref:881737)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The Audi project was a solid one ! Let's hope for more customers cars for years to come... even if it's not Audis, I mean !

Oh well, I love this place !
Old 22 Feb 2004, 08:34 (Ref:881748)   #20
Alfonso de Orleans
Racer

Spain
Yes, you guys are right, that was me...only half the weight then.

Those cars were a blast, they worked, no matter what you did to them, and we did quite a bit. My favorite was the Kremer K9. It has a full carbon tub (ex-962, made into an open top), carbon brakes and the Porsche GT1 engine. It was a bomb. It would stick to the road and had tremendous power. It was an absolute blast to race. I think it was the car I had the most fun in during a race. Although in Monza and at the Le Mans pre-qualifications (it did not qualify, too unstable) it got a bit frightening sometimes. Felt like it was going to do a flyer on me. Beautiful all the same. I wish I knew how to post a picture to show you which one I mean.

Apart from that, the only cars that fit me now are the Dakar 4x4 models. Big enough :-)
Old 22 Feb 2004, 08:52 (Ref:881755)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I'm glad I remembered the right picture, anyway. It was one of very few that I took at that time at Le Mans in '95 because of the rain. Welcome again, Alfonso.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 09:32 (Ref:881765)   #22
Alfonso de Orleans
Racer

Spain
Thank you, but sadly the only Le Mans I finished was in 94 with the Repsol Ferrari 348 LM. I am sure you remember that it was boiling hot that year, I will never forget. The third driver got sick. I think he only did one stint, if at all, since he did not finish it. So Thomas and I did all the driving, but mostly Thomas. I lost 8 kilos. I never learnt to so much. I could not believe it. Let you in on a little secret too.That was the first race I ever finished...in my life. Never did anything previously. I don't even know how I got my license. I applied for it and got it and off I went to Le Mans. The first lap at practice scared the hell out of me. But in the end, I finished...11th overall.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 10:04 (Ref:881784)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
But in the end, I finished...11th overall.
Allready an impressive result, but even more for a rookie !

To post a pic : not heavier than 102 Ko, and max size is 400x400, in jpeg.

Type your answer/message, chose "attach file" and browse to your pic. Click OK. Thenn submit reply : that's it !

You also are able to post a link to a pic on the web, on your site for exemple.

Cheers !
Old 22 Feb 2004, 20:07 (Ref:882085)   #24
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Like I tell everyone, I only have one ambition, winning Le Mans, and I am going to make it even if it kills me. All the rest is just practice leading up to it.
This MAN is one of us !! Nice to see you here Alfonso
Old 22 Feb 2004, 20:30 (Ref:882104)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Great sentiments indeed - I hope I shall be there to see it!