Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Jan 2007, 17:03 (Ref:1826649)   #301
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ACO have launched there online ticket office now
here

Not much choice left, I think I will be packing the comfy deck chair as I have not yet had my confirmation on our grandstand.

Ho Hum
Old 26 Jan 2007, 19:23 (Ref:1826745)   #302
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Waiting out the ACO confirmation letter is all part of the fun.

If we were able to confirm our tickets a week or two after each year's race for the following year, then what would we have to look forward to?

This way, about half way to the next year's race you get a bit of anticipation and excitement to brighten the mood in the off-season.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 20:41 (Ref:1826795)   #303
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
I'm going to request the relevant holiday time soon - is it pretty safe to assume the dates are final now? I'm only going to need general admission and camping tickets - are most of the issues people have here about grandstand seats, or camping and general admission too?
To be honest I'm not sure, but as my company are moving offices around that period, needed to get request in!

I've just presumed that those will be the dates and gone for it.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 23:12 (Ref:1826877)   #304
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
The dates are solid. Only the hour of the start is still an uncertainty.
As for waiting out the tickets one would be alloted from the ACO,I think this is a major peace of disrespect to the fans. Especially for this kind of money.One should have certainty of campsite and grandstandtickets soon after paying. After all,for the weekend and all it easily ads up to 250 euro's or more and i.m.h.o. one should be treated as a guest when paying this kind a cash....
Old 26 Jan 2007, 23:26 (Ref:1826891)   #305
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
The dates are solid. Only the hour of the start is still an uncertainty.
As for waiting out the tickets one would be alloted from the ACO,I think this is a major peace of disrespect to the fans. Especially for this kind of money.One should have certainty of campsite and grandstandtickets soon after paying. After all,for the weekend and all it easily ads up to 250 euro's or more and i.m.h.o. one should be treated as a guest when paying this kind a cash....
The dates are firm, as you say. I also believe (now) that the race will probably start at the traditional time of four o'clock this year.

With regards to the ACO taking peoples money, they haven't. What's being referred to is the wait to find out what camping/grandstand/parking tickets have been allocated to those who have ordered direct from the ACO. No payment is taken until such time as a customer has received their allocation and accepted the ACO's offer. The whole procedure appears to be somewhat delayed this year, and that is the reason for some people's frustration.
Old 27 Jan 2007, 01:11 (Ref:1826936)   #306
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
The dates are firm, as you say. I also believe (now) that the race will probably start at the traditional time of four o'clock this year.

With regards to the ACO taking peoples money, they haven't. What's being referred to is the wait to find out what camping/grandstand/parking tickets have been allocated to those who have ordered direct from the ACO. No payment is taken until such time as a customer has received their allocation and accepted the ACO's offer. The whole procedure appears to be somewhat delayed this year, and that is the reason for some people's frustration.
Well,come what may,I'm going.Can't wait to see them french missile's going at it! And I think the son of the ol' jaques might spring a surprise...
If we're lucky,we might land tickets for grandstand 5(Dunlop) for the 10 of us. That 'd be a first for me. Really lookin' forward for this one.

....whait a minute,...I've been lookin' forward to every single one!
Old 27 Jan 2007, 09:34 (Ref:1827034)   #307
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Well,come what may,I'm going.Can't wait to see them french missile's going at it! And I think the son of the ol' Gilles might spring a surprise...
If we're lucky,we might land tickets for grandstand 5(Dunlop) for the 10 of us. That 'd be a first for me. Really lookin' forward for this one.

....whait a minute,...I've been lookin' forward to every single one!
Old 27 Jan 2007, 10:29 (Ref:1827047)   #308
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I travelling out with Nordic again this year and I have put our request in for the grandsticket's back in September and as Nordic said we are still waiting to here back.

I e-mail the ACO earlier in the week and they replied say we would be allocated in March. Why we have to wait a whole 7 months to find out if we have got a grandstand seat is quite beyond me.
Old 27 Jan 2007, 14:07 (Ref:1827148)   #309
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
I'll tell you why,the ACO first sells their tickets in large amounts to all kind of bookingoffices,so that they can earn a lot off cash at once and skip the annoying paperwork. After this is done,they take a look at what is left and that's what's being sold to however is waiting for their private tickets.
Don't tell me about the ACO,they are nothing more then a bunch of moneyhungry businessfriends who basically hate to spend cash on anything for the fans,since this is not as profitable for them...
Old 27 Jan 2007, 15:38 (Ref:1827195)   #310
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I dont recieve motors TV as I have cable, so there is no Eurosport coverage AGAIN in 2007?
Old 27 Jan 2007, 16:15 (Ref:1827218)   #311
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'll tell you why,the ACO first sells their tickets in large amounts to all kind of bookingoffices,so that they can earn a lot off cash at once and skip the annoying paperwork. After this is done,they take a look at what is left and that's what's being sold to however is waiting for their private tickets.
I'd agree that selling tickets to agencies in bulk equates to less paperwork for the reservations office, but I very much doubt that a reduction in paperwork is the incentive for what's going on this year!

That said, I don't like what I'm hearing about the ACO's treatment of their individual direct customers this year. An awful lot of people are going to be left in limbo until March. If those who regularly book with the ACO direct have to wait until March only to find out that they haven't been offered their usual allocation of tickets, there will be uproar. I just hope the ACO know what they're doing!

Quote:
Don't tell me about the ACO,they are nothing more then a bunch of moneyhungry businessfriends who basically hate to spend cash on anything for the fans,since this is not as profitable for them...
I think we've been here before, haven't we!!

If this is your opinion of the ACO, that's fine. But whilst the ACO continue to spend huge amounts of money on updating the permanent circuit facilities at Le Mans, provide improved temporary facilities on the campsites, more giant screens etc.etc., please keep such opinions to yourself!!

Thank you.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 00:32 (Ref:1827531)   #312
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Bas has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I'm very sorry but I think you donot know what you are talking about, I've reserved tickets (General Entry, Campsite and Tribune) without any problem from the ACO for 8 years now.
Become a member of the ACO, order early, preferrably at the circuit and communicate friendly (if possible in French) with the nice ladies of the ACO.
Result...........no problem at all.....tickets every year.
I had no problem even increasing my number of tribune tickets this week by just sending 1 e-mail to the ACO.

I think the ACO is getting a lot of injust critisism by people that donot understand how the allocation process at Le Mans works.

Finally, the booking offices, well any event sells part of their tickets to them. I donot have any indication that ACO is doing that more this year or more than other race organisers.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 06:04 (Ref:1827602)   #313
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bas
I think the ACO is getting a lot of injust critisism by people that donot understand how the allocation process at Le Mans works.
I'm sure you're right, but, I can't ever remember having to wait until March to find out my allocation!

I (like Nordic I believe) decided a number of years back that it was more prudent to buy camping passes through a tour operator in order to guarantee our campsite of choice. We have only quite recently gone back to booking direct with the ACO (the last 5 or 6 years).

If I find out in March that I haven't been offered my usual Tribune allocation (or a good/acceptable alternative), I will be very unhappy (and toys will be thrown accordingly! ).

For now, it's just a case of wait and see. I'm sure everything will be just fine..........
Old 29 Jan 2007, 16:22 (Ref:1828723)   #314
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just got notification of accommodation in Arnage for our visit.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 29 Jan 2007, 23:58 (Ref:1829108)   #315
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Just got notification of accommodation in Arnage for our visit.
In that case, it looks like we'll be near neighbours for a few days in June..........
Old 30 Jan 2007, 08:00 (Ref:1829210)   #316
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
I'm sure you're right, but, I can't ever remember having to wait until March to find out my allocation!

I (like Nordic I believe) decided a number of years back that it was more prudent to buy camping passes through a tour operator in order to guarantee our campsite of choice. We have only quite recently gone back to booking direct with the ACO (the last 5 or 6 years).

If I find out in March that I haven't been offered my usual Tribune allocation (or a good/acceptable alternative), I will be very unhappy (and toys will be thrown accordingly! ).

For now, it's just a case of wait and see. I'm sure everything will be just fine..........
Correct, only started to use agencys when you stopped being able to buy passes on the gate at Houx (pre numbered)

I have thought however that I was missing out on some of the pre race build up tension, so, like a team that submits any entry I thought I would apply for the grandstands ticket direct with the aco rather than the agencys, thereby save a tidy sum as a side benifit.

The ACO have not disapointed and I can now releate to the many teams that have submited a vaild entry only to get a firm NON from the ACO.

I meanwhile have not given up and wait for the postman everyday with eager eyes and live in hope my dreams will be fufilled.
Old 30 Jan 2007, 08:18 (Ref:1829216)   #317
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
Correct, only started to use agencys when you stopped being able to buy passes on the gate at Houx (pre numbered)

I have thought however that I was missing out on some of the pre race build up tension, so, like a team that submits any entry I thought I would apply for the grandstands ticket direct with the aco rather than the agencys, thereby save a tidy sum as a side benifit.

The ACO have not disapointed and I can now releate to the many teams that have submited a vaild entry only to get a firm NON from the ACO.

I meanwhile have not given up and wait for the postman everyday with eager eyes and live in hope my dreams will be fufilled.
I take it then, that you are also "enjoying" a protracted period of suspense this year.............

Last edited by Bentley03; 30 Jan 2007 at 15:20. Reason: Collins getting picky!
Old 30 Jan 2007, 14:01 (Ref:1829445)   #318
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You left out the "" marks that should surround "enjoying," Bentley...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 30 Jan 2007, 14:05 (Ref:1829448)   #319
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I usually(!) find the ACO very good too - still no clarity for me on whether they have my order yet this year though .... just sent another email.
Old 30 Jan 2007, 15:22 (Ref:1829492)   #320
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
You left out the "" marks that should surround "enjoying," Bentley...
Old 30 Jan 2007, 15:45 (Ref:1829503)   #321
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
Last edited by Bentley03 : Today at 10:20. Reason: Collins getting picky!

-Bill James
Old 30 Jan 2007, 16:09 (Ref:1829517)   #322
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have now received a confirmation email from ACO saying they have my order request.

What? - I never doubted them!
Old 30 Jan 2007, 16:54 (Ref:1829547)   #323
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
I take it then, that you are also "enjoying" a protracted period of suspense this year.............
Yep, but not worrying about it too much. We have the campsite sorted and thats the main thing.

Grandstands, while nice to have in either very hot or wet weather, are not the most important thing and I am sure something will turn up anyway.

It may even do some of the 'softer' members of my group good to rough it on the tribunes once!
Old 30 Jan 2007, 19:16 (Ref:1829620)   #324
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It may even do some of the 'softer' members of my group good to rough it on the tribunes once!
I can think of another member of group that never even saw the grandstand until the last hour of the race.....
Old 31 Jan 2007, 17:15 (Ref:1830406)   #325
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yep, but not worrying about it too much. We have the campsite sorted and thats the main thing.

Grandstands, while nice to have in either very hot or wet weather, are not the most important thing and I am sure something will turn up anyway.

How many grandstands do you need - i may have a couple spare - bought from Just Tickets though so they were a bit pricey.