Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:38 (Ref:3210738)   #176
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Deltawing with Nissan engine will feature in the next Batman trilogy with Weird Al Yankovic?

2 am here for the announcement. Doubt I'll make it. Hope it isn't F1. Wouldn't be surprised even if RLM was there but with DSC also hanging on it, can only be Endurance-related. Now, whether it's an actual P1, a GTE or a reincarnation of the Deltawing remains to be seen.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:44 (Ref:3210744)   #177
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it turns out to be the rumoured Super GT GT-R at Le Mans as the 2014 Garage 56 entry I will be very happy!

Or a GTE GTR/370z would be nice.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3210745)   #178
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Tried to google Belgian sports sites with random keywords, also nothing at news.google.be.

New deltawingish tweet from RLM though:

I'm saying there will be surprises.. Its the Nissan way.

https://twitter.com/specutainment/st...51603822546944
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3210747)   #179
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LMP1 AND GTE?
Ok, now I'm just getting greedy.
Seriously though, I kind of feel like it's Christmas Eve from when I was a kid.
Nissan's PR folks are worth every penny they're getting paid, how many times has their brand been mentioned the past few days?
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3210748)   #180
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
My excitement is going down...
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3210749)   #181
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Has someone broken the embargo already?

Marcel ten Caat ‏@dsceuroeditor
Why do I even bother respecting embargoes...
Not Nissan related ;-)
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3210750)   #182
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Not Nissan related ;-)
You just saved a bunch of folks here a couple of hours of detective work on the 'net.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3210751)   #183
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hah...just logged in after having been away from the forums for a while and noticed my tweet linked to this subject. Best to end the speculation straight away...
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3210753)   #184
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Hah...just logged in after having been away from the forums for a while and noticed my tweet linked to this subject. Best to end the speculation straight away...
So does the press have embargoed news or just knowledge of an announcement?
Cheeky, I know.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3210754)   #185
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Starting to have doubts now. Apparently Darren Cox has said to one Twitter user it isn't a P1 or P2. Not sure if he's being truthful or what.
https://twitter.com/IamDarrenCox/sta...06356871749633
https://twitter.com/IamDarrenCox/sta...06635616788481

*sad dog face*
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3210755)   #186
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the chances that it's an Infiniti?
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3210759)   #187
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Still betting on an extensive customer LMP2 programme including new chassis + engine, with the possibility of stepping up to LMP1 in the short or mid term.

Darren Cox said via his Twitter account that it's neither LMP1 nor GTE...
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3210760)   #188
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Man, the iPhone 5 leaked, but the Nissan news - NEVER! Way to go, guys!
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3210761)   #189
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
So does the press have embargoed news or just knowledge of an announcement?
Cheeky, I know.
The press [CONNECTION LOST]
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3210762)   #190
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3210765)   #191
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
Quote:
DRAMATIC MUSIC!!!
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:59 (Ref:3210766)   #192
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Understood... Can't blame a guy for trying!
Old 25 Feb 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3210775)   #193
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excitement gone for me unless Nissan pull something extraordinary out of the bag.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 23:21 (Ref:3210783)   #194
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
The most baffling thing is that there are really people who get excited about a Leaf one-make series? Really??
Old 25 Feb 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3210788)   #195
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Excitement gone for me unless Nissan pull something extraordinary out of the bag.
The NISMO president was quite clear at the end of the movie - they want to change the audience! Their goal is to appeal to people who have not been interested in the auto sport thus far. If I am reading it correctly, they would like to get to much broader demographics and if that is correct, you don't achieve that with building another GT or LMP cars. It means that most die-hard-core fans, like most of you here, will be disappointed, but if the real goal is to get an entirely new (and large!) group of people to be interested in racing - they have to change the game and change it quite dramatically. They need new audience. Racing needs new audience and this new audience so far has not been interested much in the existing game. Have you guys seen the statistics around the Net? Young people don't want to drive anymore (funny enough, it was a Nissan report I saw few weeks ago somewhere) and don't want to own cars. So they need to excite the young people because whatever it is done right now obviously is not working. So yes, if everyone on this site is excited, it means the news will not bother much the rest of the world. But this time I think they are going after the rest of the world and not the very small (unfortunately) dies-hard crowd like you all are here.

But I guess we will all find out very soon. It is definitely exciting to have hopes for something interesting...
Old 25 Feb 2013, 23:32 (Ref:3210790)   #196
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Exactly, sorry but I never saw anything in USAToday or other news outlets about LM or even F1 but saw near constant articles about the DW and following its build and then its debut at LM. Nissan already knows people posting on message boards watch so what are they going to get from you, watch it on 2 screens at once? New fans are the only goal PR and accountants are going to be interested in and sorry they control the cash flow.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3210791)   #197
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
I guess I'm getting too old for this stuff then. In my book you go racing by building a car that is eligible and face the competition.

Nissan's way of somehow attaching themselves to the event without really racing in it is kind of...odd to me. It might be a smart marketing ploy but it's a bit hard to work up respect for their competition record.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 23:43 (Ref:3210796)   #198
deltawing
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I guess I'm getting too old ....
Most of us are, too! You are not alone.... it is sad, in our own way, but we all have to accept that at certain point the world is about those after us. We are slowly going to be "old news" and one day we are going to go. Things are changing whether we like it or not. I know it does not sound great, but what exactly are we going to do? Everything is always changing and these days the changes happen much faster...... remember when there were 12 cylinder engines in F1? And how many were going "No way, if it is not the sound of a 12, I an not going to go anymore!". Yet we moved on, whether we like it or not. And the young fans today have to buy the sound on CD to find out what it was.... times will change, perhaps we will not.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 23:45 (Ref:3210797)   #199
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Exactly, sorry but I never saw anything in USAToday or other news outlets about LM or even F1 but saw near constant articles about the DW and following its build and then its debut at LM. Nissan already knows people posting on message boards watch so what are they going to get from you, watch it on 2 screens at once? New fans are the only goal PR and accountants are going to be interested in and sorry they control the cash flow.
USA Today isn't your go to sports source. They would put Danica in Nascar as the biggest news in motorsport. The U.S. doesn't = the rest of the world.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 00:13 (Ref:3210814)   #200
deltawing
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
USA Today isn't your go to sports source....
I think this was exactly his point - that racing and race cars have to appear into places where you do not expect them, so broader audience can get aware! The goal is to get new race car fans and because they are not right now, it means they are not reading any race/sports cars source. So, how to you get to these people? You make something new and interesting, so other, non-sports sources pick on it, write about it, follow it, develop interest in it...

I think what Nissan is trying to do here something along the lines of "Blue Ocean Strategy" in a very new, interesting level, that has not been done yet in the race car world. It is a great book, if someone wants to read it, but in a nut shell it is this: "how to create uncontested market space and make the competition irrelevant" (from the book's cover). There are several great examples inside, about Cirque du Soleil, SouthWest Airlines, etc. Here is a wiki link, even the little written in here tells the basics of what the blue ocean strategy is about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Ocean_Strategy

I really think Nissan is about to embark on a route to do just that - create an entirely new market/audience/followers and is going to do it in a very new and unique way, so there will be no competition at least for a while. The whole world may not embrace it, but a large and NEW group of people will, so Nissan will get into new territories and will do so alone, without having to compete with anyone. But time will tell.