Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jun 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3914578)   #26
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
well put me on the list then.

will be back with the whole international circus again in 2020

See you
Old 28 Jun 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3914637)   #27
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm hoping for some hypercar demo laps next year. What do you reckon?
Old 28 Jun 2019, 16:25 (Ref:3914646)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I'm hoping for some hypercar demo laps next year. What do you reckon?
As the next season which should include the hypercar class would be only a few months away there shuld be a number of hypercars ready by then
Old 29 Jun 2019, 12:07 (Ref:3914761)   #29
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe. Do I go back for a second time?
Old 29 Jun 2019, 14:18 (Ref:3914783)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Maybe. Do I go back for a second time?
Will you go back as a marshall or just to enjoy
Old 30 Jun 2019, 20:48 (Ref:3915211)   #31
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And you Ayse, see you same place next year, fashionably early..
Old 30 Jun 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3915224)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll be there!
Old 30 Jun 2019, 22:12 (Ref:3915234)   #33
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not really sure.
2019 was 10 years in a row, and we did the N24 straight after.
It's almost like my whole year resolves around LM, and to be honest I just fancy doing something a little different.

I'm thinking of skipping LM next year, then return in 2021 with the new hypercars.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3915315)   #34
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Will you go back as a marshall or just to enjoy
To marshal. I'm a hopeless spectator.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 19:41 (Ref:3915396)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
To marshal. I'm a hopeless spectator.
I would probably be a hopeless marshal, but have had plenty of experience at being a spectator
Old 1 Jul 2019, 21:26 (Ref:3915416)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We're pretty expert at it now, I guess.....
Old 1 Jul 2019, 22:46 (Ref:3915423)   #37
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
To be fair, I've almost equal years of experience of both now (in general terms) but the last ten years have seen me marshal 99:1 as compared to spectating.

Le Mans however is 100:0
Old 2 Jul 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3915510)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And long may it continue matey! Along with all of your other colleagues in orange (or white - do some still wear white?), we need you......
Old 2 Jul 2019, 19:58 (Ref:3915542)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
And long may it continue matey! Along with all of your other colleagues in orange (or white - do some still wear white?), we need you......
i second that, without you lot we would not have the racing we love
Old 4 Jul 2019, 14:16 (Ref:3915867)   #40
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
We wear white in North America*. I have "home and away" kit now, including (of course) rain gear in both colours.

* But orange is accepted by most pro series. I wore old LM overalls for WEC at SuperSebring, as did many of my compatriots.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 12:20 (Ref:3917000)   #41
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
I am finally back after a great long trip to France, Ireland and the UK. I was offline at Le Mans and was not able to meet all of you which was a pity but had the most amazing time during those five days. No wonder why many of you keep going year after year after year...
What an experience!
Old 27 Aug 2019, 13:24 (Ref:3924349)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm just looking at options at the moment. I'll be retired by then so need to watch the pennies. Probably camping but where? If I go with Travel destinations to Porsche curves I won't need the T17 grandstand. But I'll still need the ACO membership for the cafes and facilities when walking around.

Will also need to procure a tent and sleeping gear, corkscrew and perhaps a kettle.
Old 27 Aug 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3924350)   #43
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

Will also need to procure a tent and sleeping gear, corkscrew and perhaps a kettle.
Got your priorities sorted there!
Old 27 Aug 2019, 13:40 (Ref:3924354)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed and I spotted Carrefoure when traveling into Le Mans on the tram.
Old 27 Aug 2019, 14:57 (Ref:3924364)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I'm pleased to hear that you want to go back Peter! I too will be retired by then, but I've 'salted' enough away to guarantee Le Mans in the way that I do it for at least a couple of years.....
Old 27 Aug 2019, 15:06 (Ref:3924366)   #46
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm just looking at options at the moment. I'll be retired by then so need to watch the pennies. Probably camping but where? If I go with Travel destinations to Porsche curves I won't need the T17 grandstand. But I'll still need the ACO membership for the cafes and facilities when walking around.

If you are an ACO member then in order to get the discounts on tickets you have two choices, book direct with the ACO or via the tourist office. As for campsites the best ones will be hard to get even this early but there are always a few for sale closer to the time. I like most people who go each year have long standing orders for chosen campsite in my case Tertre Rouge which suits the older camper who likes to be at the side of the race track and close to everything. If you can get TR you will be welcome to visit us and use some of our camp gear, Gazebo etc.
Paying a little more for a better campsite is worth the extra few quid as not all campsites have the same facilities etc.

The Tourist office is always helpful and the ladies there (they have a section that solely deals with bookings etc related to the circuit) speak very good english, the opening of ticket booking usually starts in September.
Old 27 Aug 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3924369)   #47
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes understood. But we went with Traveldestinations this year and I thought the Porsche Curves were an excellent location. Checking their prices with Piston Heads it's.pretty much the same and it included crossing and general entry ticket. I'm already an ACO member so it's just whether I need a grandstand and as I suggested if I can get to Porsche Curves for the first hour of the race then I can walk around for the rest of it. But thanks for you kind offer, I shan't discount it yet.
Old 27 Aug 2019, 15:56 (Ref:3924370)   #48
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Peter, if you need to keep costs down then book direct with ferries, and get tickets from ACO/tourist office with what you save you will be able to buy enough camping gear to last a life time. Will we see you next weekend? or if not perhaps at spa for the classic 6 hours next month
Old 27 Aug 2019, 16:03 (Ref:3924372)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes I'm racing at the 6hrs meeting. Understood re the direct booking thing but ultimately I like the Porsche Curves location for its low fence. But I'm happy to walk/tram around the rest of the circuit too.

Will investigate further.
Old 27 Aug 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3924393)   #50
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
OK Peter will be there at Spa, going friday back monday staying at domaine long pre as usual, will look you up in the paddock what are you taking this year.
Closed Thread