Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Jun 2000, 20:02 (Ref:18327)   #1
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Is it just me or was the Bulk of the Le Mans field really reliable.

I went so I know that a lot of contenders didn't finish but still a lot os cars did.

For Example I take the ultimate underdog: the Welter racing
WR 98.

I belief it ended first in class although it doesn't sound like much still It beat the more fancied ROC reynards

The big suprise was the Lola B2k/10 of Lammers-Kox-Coronel.

It ran like clockwork all week but when it mattered the car failed after only 2 1/2 hours

Just the opposite is the carsport holland viper which electrical problems all week, hell they even rebuilt the car twice but it finished which was a victory for them.
Old 21 Jun 2000, 15:24 (Ref:18516)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
48 starters and i believe 29 finishers ...so yes i guess the majority of cars were reliable...but then thats the aim with a 24 hour race..be quick all you like but if your not reliable then your in big trouble.
Old 21 Jun 2000, 23:03 (Ref:18600)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone did very well and the people who did the best were the guys in the garages who occasionally had to perform very large miracles to get their cars back on the road again - and did them without any glory or sleep either!

There seemed to be an inordinate number of punctured tires this year though.