Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Jun 2022, 15:38 (Ref:4116830)   #3026
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Burley? If so you need to avoid hitting the ponies too.
It was indeed Peter. The ponies were actually clustered around the flag, but I didn't quite worry them.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
This, I find, is the problem with Golfing. No matter how inept you are, you will always hit one or two Perfect Shots on a round, and makes you think that if you just practice a bit more you'd be the next Tiger Woods.
Never a truer word Guy. But at least I was hitting more decent shots by the end of the lesson than at the start. As it was the first time I've swung a club for about a year and a half (after Covid and a shoulder injury), I was pleased enough - especially as I was a complete novice a year and a half ago anyway!
Old 24 Jun 2022, 15:42 (Ref:4116832)   #3027
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It was indeed Peter. The ponies were actually clustered around the flag, but I didn't quite worry them.....
Nice part of the world, only spoiled by a golf course. We've rented electric bikes from the cycle centre, they're an absolute hoot to ride.

The White Buck is a great place to stay.
Old 24 Jun 2022, 16:20 (Ref:4116835)   #3028
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Nice part of the world, only spoiled by a golf course. We've rented electric bikes from the cycle centre, they're an absolute hoot to ride.

The White Buck is a great place to stay.
It is a lovely area. We live just over 10 minutes from the golf club at the top of New Milton, virtually in Bashley.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 20:05 (Ref:4118040)   #3029
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't really know where to post this, but Alain DeCadaner passed away yesterday. His efforts licensed up my early years watching endurance racing,

Sean
Old 4 Jul 2022, 08:31 (Ref:4118134)   #3030
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
There was quite a bit on the coverage of the classic and a good tribute feature on there
Old 6 Jul 2022, 10:15 (Ref:4118405)   #3031
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
been having trouble renewing my membership which ran out end of June and after a few days of trying eventually did it over the phone, as it is now july the membership now runs until end of july 2023, so got a free 1 month. Same membership number.
Old 6 Jul 2022, 10:49 (Ref:4118407)   #3032
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I renewed at the circuit and got a similar result so I'm covered for the Classic 2023 as well.
Old 6 Jul 2022, 12:10 (Ref:4118418)   #3033
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
been having trouble renewing my membership which ran out end of June and after a few days of trying eventually did it over the phone, as it is now july the membership now runs until end of july 2023, so got a free 1 month. Same membership number.
I renewed mine online without any issues.... Card arrived a few days ago.
Old 6 Jul 2022, 12:26 (Ref:4118421)   #3034
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I went on line got into the membership part of the site and managed to log on but no where to renew, the ACO club bit had a bit to join as a new member but no were as an existing one. but happy with an extra month, if i manage to do that for the next 11 years i will get a free year
Old 7 Jul 2022, 12:05 (Ref:4118544)   #3035
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Same thing happened to me last renewal (not this one). Mine has always been until the end of May, now its the end of June.
Old 15 Sep 2022, 13:57 (Ref:4126131)   #3036
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it's about time we got ready to talk about the challenges of booking tickets on the ACO website again.

Looking at that there social media, it looks like Silverstone are having a mare with their demand based pricing for the GP next year. People are saying they'd rather go to FE in NY (really ?) or Le Mans 24 Hours (hurrah !). I've not been to the GP for a fair few years now, but the prices people are quoting do seem rather expensive.
Old 15 Sep 2022, 20:59 (Ref:4126168)   #3037
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Well it's about time we got ready to talk about the challenges of booking tickets on the ACO website again.

Looking at that there social media, it looks like Silverstone are having a mare with their demand based pricing for the GP next year. People are saying they'd rather go to FE in NY (really ?) or Le Mans 24 Hours (hurrah !). I've not been to the GP for a fair few years now, but the prices people are quoting do seem rather expensive.
For sure more and more people are being priced out of that sport. Even the 'cheaper' foreign races are selling out and prices skyrocketing. It's only going to get worse.

Hopefully Le Mans keeps it sensible.
Old 16 Sep 2022, 08:53 (Ref:4126202)   #3038
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Passerelle Porsche

For 2023, a new bridge for pedestrians to connect the karting area and Maison-Blanche !

Passerelle Porsche (bottom of the page)

Last edited by PascaLM; 16 Sep 2022 at 08:58.
Old 16 Sep 2022, 09:44 (Ref:4126205)   #3039
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well quite a few changes and updates there
Old 16 Sep 2022, 10:20 (Ref:4126209)   #3040
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
For 2023, a new bridge for pedestrians to connect the karting area and Maison-Blanche !

Passerelle Porsche (bottom of the page)
Hadn't they been talking about that for a while?
Old 19 Sep 2022, 09:56 (Ref:4126479)   #3041
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Makes sense that this has been tied in but Ferrari Challenge will be back among the support events next year.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...-24-hours.html

Hopefully there is also something with historics for the centenary.
Old 20 Sep 2022, 06:28 (Ref:4126554)   #3042
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Makes sense that this has been tied in but Ferrari Challenge will be back among the support events next year.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...-24-hours.html

That's a good point, there should be something to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the event.
Old 20 Sep 2022, 10:53 (Ref:4126569)   #3043
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

I'd rather they leave that for the Classic tbh, I'd much prefer to see competitive racing on the 24hr support card, but I'm sure there will be something related to the centenary.
Old 20 Sep 2022, 10:56 (Ref:4126570)   #3044
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they do have some historics (787B for example) hopefully they will do more than one lap so we can enjoy them past the pits at a decent speed.
Old 21 Sep 2022, 08:35 (Ref:4126662)   #3045
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes a parade of the winning cars ( or models) doing a lap or two would be interesting but some of the old buggies do take a fair bit of time to do a lap
Old 21 Sep 2022, 13:56 (Ref:4126721)   #3046
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Parades are OK, but I'd prefer to see cars racing. There were some nice parades at the Revival, but the races were infinitely better. The trouble with some of the historic racing we get as a support at Le Mans is that the cars aren't pedalled hard enough....
Old 21 Sep 2022, 14:31 (Ref:4126730)   #3047
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i agree but i think that for the 100th anniversary a showing of how the cars have developed would be a welcome break and allow the modern fans to hear some wonderful cars rather than just see them in a museum
Old 21 Sep 2022, 15:32 (Ref:4126738)   #3048
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough....
Old 11 Dec 2022, 09:52 (Ref:4136763)   #3049
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Am I correct in thinking that 'commissaire' is the French term for a marshal (or steward)? I've just added an unusual ticket to my collection. It initially seems to be a 'commissaire's' ticket from 1990 but having translated the small print, it seems to be a ticket for a marshal's guest, authorising the guest to park at the marshal's post but forbidding him/her to go near the track. Unusual.....
Attached Thumbnails
tickets257.jpg  
Old 11 Dec 2022, 13:15 (Ref:4136780)   #3050
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Am I correct in thinking that 'commissaire' is the French term for a marshal (or steward)? I've just added an unusual ticket to my collection. It initially seems to be a 'commissaire's' ticket from 1990 but having translated the small print, it seems to be a ticket for a marshal's guest, authorising the guest to park at the marshal's post but forbidding him/her to go near the track. Unusual.....
Andrew, you are right