Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Dec 2007, 15:09 (Ref:2079363)   #51
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they lost Bourdais for next year .. Loeb insead would be good from a marketing point .. but they need Bourdais' speed too

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Dec 2007, 15:40 (Ref:2079370)   #52
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
they lost Bourdais for next year .. Loeb insead would be good from a marketing point .. but they need Bourdais' speed too

I'm afraid they also lost Jacques Villeneuve
Old 1 Dec 2007, 19:01 (Ref:2079476)   #53
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm not that afraid

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Dec 2007, 23:16 (Ref:2079567)   #54
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
i'm not that afraid
i guess most of us think like you...
Old 4 Dec 2007, 08:28 (Ref:2081198)   #55
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Risi was quickest before an off ruined the whole event. Krohn will be back weather you like it or not. I think AF Corse will have their hands full, don't automatically assume just because they are a European based team using Ferrari supported drivers as well are just flat better than Risi when that is more than likely NOT TRUE.

The cream will rise and both teams will set a pace that will be hard on paper for the RSR's to match, but we'll see what off-season development brings as delivery of '08 spec 430's is already taking place...

Risi will run last years "Le Mans" chassis until May when they ship it back to Texas to prep for the Lime Rock event and then they'll run the '08 chassis at Le Mans and I'm pretty sure after Lime Rock.

I saw the list weeks ago and you know Penske and Dyson are not going, they can prove me wrong...

I would REALLY like to see the FIA guys lease cars and run the race. The Saleen has plenty of pace. As I said during last year's race, they came within 1 tenth of the fastest time set by either the Vettes or the leading Astons.

I think the weather caught Ocrea out a bit and they soften the car(s) up too much when the early going was bone dry and then by the time the rains hit in earnest, they were out of the running with minor problems past 1/2 way.

I think they have the pace if the race goes dry, Ocrea has already "figured" out the balance issues with the car and it has become the car that Fehan fears so much.

Minor problems solved they'll be QUICK, now if Labre takes it SERIOUSLY, they'll have a honest shot to WIN.

I say Seriously because for being the factory Aston team last season in the LMS, they were off the pace of the front running teams most of the season.
Old 4 Dec 2007, 16:55 (Ref:2081488)   #56
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Can anyone please translate the gist of this link please .

http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=4554&thold=0

I think its about RfH and Dome wanting to do Le Mans with a coupe !!!
Old 4 Dec 2007, 16:57 (Ref:2081489)   #57
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Dome wants to do Le Mans in a new S102 Coupe, but I believe they will be doing it with their own company squad, and not Racing for Holland.
Old 4 Dec 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2081509)   #58
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Dome as a team doing the big one , brilliant !!!
Old 5 Dec 2007, 11:10 (Ref:2081987)   #59
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IF they do it....
Old 5 Dec 2007, 20:23 (Ref:2082367)   #60
The Badger
Veteran

End-info are saying that WR will be back with a Zytek 3.8 litre V8 for 2008 !!!
Old 5 Dec 2007, 22:07 (Ref:2082447)   #61
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
seems their oil burner did not work....
Old 5 Dec 2007, 23:46 (Ref:2082496)   #62
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
End-info are saying that WR will be back with a Zytek 3.8 litre V8 for 2008 !!!
Is that the same engine that Binnie used this year then ?
Old 6 Dec 2007, 07:46 (Ref:2082607)   #63
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Is that the same engine that Binnie used this year then ?
I think you meant 3.4 V8. So it is the Zytek used in a lot of LMP2 cars: Zytek chassis, Binnie and Embassy.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 08:06 (Ref:2082610)   #64
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
seems their oil burner did not work....
My reading of this story was that it wasn't so much a case of it not working as there being a lack of regs clarity as far as diesel (or diester) in LMP2 went.

Either way they should be a shoo in for a Le Mans entry and it'll be really interesting to see what they do with an engine that's proven to be competitive.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 12:24 (Ref:2085473)   #65
The Badger
Veteran

L'ARC Bratislava are saying that they want to do Le Mans with a Saleen .
Old 10 Dec 2007, 13:19 (Ref:2085515)   #66
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
L'ARC Bratislava are saying that they want to do Le Mans with a Saleen .
will be an old one as thats the only saleen they have, not even tomas enge could make it competative in the FIA GT at brno this year.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 13:35 (Ref:2085527)   #67
The Badger
Veteran

I suppose it most probably is ..... if it is , i cant see it getting an entry . Maybe they could possibily least the 2nd Larbre chassis , cuz I cant see Larbre getting 2 entries .
Old 10 Dec 2007, 13:37 (Ref:2085528)   #68
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r
will be an old one as thats the only saleen they have, not even tomas enge could make it competative in the FIA GT at brno this year.
Was that the same chassis ? I thought the Enge was a Konrad car and the ARC was an ex Konrad car . Still , they are both slow !!!
Old 10 Dec 2007, 14:05 (Ref:2085556)   #69
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Was that the same chassis ? I thought the Enge was a Konrad car and the ARC was an ex Konrad car . Still , they are both slow !!!
pretty sure they were both made the same year, both ex konrad cars except one was being run by konrad for the owner.

also i think the one enge was in had a few upgrades the bratislava car didnt have.
Old 12 Jan 2008, 22:46 (Ref:2104952)   #70
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shouldn't be too long before we find out which of the automatic entries have been taken up and which have been forfeited. The deadline was the 7th January.........
Old 13 Jan 2008, 11:32 (Ref:2105167)   #71
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
For one of the saddest of reasons (family illness) it looks like we won't be seeing the Binnie Lola in 2008 (either at Le Mans or in the LMS).

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=4728

I think everyone on here would join me in sending our best wishes to Bill and his family.
Old 13 Jan 2008, 13:22 (Ref:2105224)   #72
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
I think everyone on here would join me in sending our best wishes to Bill and his family.
Absolutely! Very sad news..........
Old 13 Jan 2008, 17:11 (Ref:2105328)   #73
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
For one of the saddest of reasons (family illness) it looks like we won't be seeing the Binnie Lola in 2008 (either at Le Mans or in the LMS).

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=4728

in english?
Old 13 Jan 2008, 17:22 (Ref:2105333)   #74
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r
in english?
Bottom Line is that Bill Binnie has withdrawn from Motorsports for 08', due to an illness his daughter has. Best wishes to the Binnie family.
Old 13 Jan 2008, 21:15 (Ref:2105504)   #75
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, best wishes and prayers for a complete recovery go out to the Binnie Family!

L.P.