Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2705434)   #51
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wish BMS is going to run their own car,the 2008spec with 2009engine,2008spec GT3 RSR is faster:in 2008 IMSA did a 3:58.152 and in 2009 lizard did a 4:03.202,but ACO wont let BMS do so.

probably they will run a 2009bulit car with support from porsche motorsport,there's at least 2 cars they may choose from:trackspeed's 2009built and BlackSwan's 2009built with 2010updates.

everything will be clear in 1.5 days

IMSA will travel to Weissach serval days this week,not only for 2010updates but also for more 2010spec parts.they have four 997s,but only one 4.0L
Old 6 Jun 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2705458)   #52
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
RoeDent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The problem is that the beer is virtual too.
Nothing but the best. The grandstand is your own sofa/computer chair too, so guaranteed comfort.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 14:38 (Ref:2705477)   #53
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
i wish BMS is going to run their own car,the 2008spec with 2009engine,2008spec GT3 RSR is faster:in 2008 IMSA did a 3:58.152 and in 2009 lizard did a 4:03.202,but ACO wont let BMS do so.

probably they will run a 2009bulit car with support from porsche motorsport,there's at least 2 cars they may choose from:trackspeed's 2009built and BlackSwan's 2009built with 2010updates.

everything will be clear in 1.5 days

IMSA will travel to Weissach serval days this week,not only for 2010updates but also for more 2010spec parts.they have four 997s,but only one 4.0L
The BMS car is brand spanking new and only has 1 test at Vallelunga on the clock according to Westbrook.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2705481)   #54
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...and it looks very nice indeed!
Old 6 Jun 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2705482)   #55
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
...and it looks very nice indeed!
Indeed it does.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 15:08 (Ref:2705491)   #56
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
I'm going to take this opportunity to dish out the first award of the week:

The 1st Annual Award for Fanciest Looking Car goes to the #79 BMW driven by Priaulx, Muller and Werner! It is a sight to behold; looking forward to seeing it on the track.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2705496)   #57
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoeDent View Post
I'm going to take this opportunity to dish out the first award of the week:

The 1st Annual Award for Fanciest Looking Car goes to the #79 BMW driven by Priaulx, Muller and Werner! It is a sight to behold; looking forward to seeing it on the track.
Is #79 the "art" car? if so i couldn't disagree more, its horrid.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2705499)   #58
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Any photos of the BMS Porsche?
Old 6 Jun 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2705501)   #59
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Is #79 the "art" car? if so i couldn't disagree more, its horrid.
Why does this keep happening to me?
Old 6 Jun 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2705502)   #60
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Any photos of the BMS Porsche?
Courtesy of Endurance-Info
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1582532_n.jpg
Old 6 Jun 2010, 15:20 (Ref:2705505)   #61
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Hmmm... there's something a bit weird about an entirely scarlet Porsche. At least it's still got Hindy's favorite "Sunderland stripes" on the roof. Thanks mate.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2705506)   #62
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Why does this keep happening to me?
It looks like it was driven through a pile of different colour paint tins, nothing artistic about it IMO.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 15:29 (Ref:2705515)   #63
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
It looks like it was driven through a pile of different colour paint tins, nothing artistic about it IMO.
I'm aware this could descend into a 'what is art' debate, but IMO, art is anything (repeat, anything: music, scenery, design, and so on) that evokes any kind of emotion. Clearly the #79 car evoked disgust in you, which is an emotion, hence it's art.

There are many other cars that look good (I quite like the Drayson car), but the #79 attracted me more than any of the others.

Oh well, each to their own.

Last edited by RoeDent; 6 Jun 2010 at 15:41.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2705517)   #64
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The BMS Porsche looks better from the front.
Picture on Daily Sports Car.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2705542)   #65
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
The BMS Porsche looks better from the front.
Picture on Daily Sports Car.
It looks great from the front. Unique red for a Porsche. They're going to use it to deceive the Ferraris.

I really like the Drayson lola. Everytime I see the design, it reminds me of a four-leaf clover.

As for the BMW, I think the design is nice but I wanna see it out there. The art in speed could make for some brilliant photos though. As RoeDent says, Art can be anything (eyes of the beholder) and it is truely unique.

I'm still waiting for the Aston.

The same DSC article has a photo of the BMW pit with the #78 on the apron and a second BMW in the garage, same color. A closer look reveals the N24 number on it. The car presented in Paris is just a show car then, so someone still has to paint the LM one? Or maybe they brought a third to showcase the N24 winner.

Last edited by AndrewF31; 6 Jun 2010 at 16:17. Reason: BMW note
Old 6 Jun 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2705557)   #66
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm aware this could descend into a 'what is art' debate, but IMO, art is anything (repeat, anything: music, scenery, design, and so on) that evokes any kind of emotion. Clearly the #79 car evoked disgust in you, which is an emotion, hence it's art.

There are many other cars that look good (I quite like the Drayson car), but the #79 attracted me more than any of the others.

Oh well, each to their own.
Although there are also many others that feel that something can only be considered art if it's sole purpose is to be art, and nothing else.

In which case, a car, could never be art.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 16:45 (Ref:2705559)   #67
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Although there are also many others that feel that something can only be considered art if it's sole purpose is to be art, and nothing else.

In which case, a car, could never be art.
You've instantly reminded me about a review from Top Gear which posed the same question about a car... and came to a different conclusion.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 17:59 (Ref:2705600)   #68
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pesage over (Weighing for the Yanks) if I am wrong on this just shoot me.

Twenty cars have gone through the Pesage process. thirty six to go tomorrow beginning @ 09:30hours. #69 JLOC Lamborghini Murcielago will be first and #5 Beechdean Mansell Ginetta Zytec will be last at 16:50hours. That is Mansell as in Nigel Mansell. This event is being held downtown Le Mans in the Place de Jocobins.

Anyone no of a video feed of this? Probably not important enough for TV.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2705621)   #69
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ayse and I arrived at Jacobins at about 16:00........and left at about 16:20. What a scrum, you couldn't move. They've squeezed everything into a space about a third of the size of the old venue. The crowds were 6 or 7 deep around the perimeter. There is a stage for driver interviews, as in the past, but no big screens (as far as I could see). Not spectator friendly at all.......hoping it's considerably less crowded tomorrow!
Old 6 Jun 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2705624)   #70
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
.......hoping it's considerably less crowded tomorrow!
The Audis are scheduled for tech tomorrow, so if the Danes have arrived in town... not a blind chance, matey. Oh, and the JLOC Lambo is prepared for abuse to be hurled at it by people angered by last year...
Old 6 Jun 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2705632)   #71
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Oh, and the JLOC Lambo is prepared for abuse to be hurled at it by people angered by last year...
Yep, first car in tomorrow morning. Ayse is very keen to get there nice and early tomorrow!
Old 6 Jun 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2705639)   #72
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...?page=461&np=0

First gallery photos on End-Info. No Jan Charouz in the OAK team photo, of course, as he's in Brno in a WSR car...

EDIT: Pesca! http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...5-IMG_0608.jpg
Old 6 Jun 2010, 19:47 (Ref:2705649)   #73
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another view of the scrutineering today, didn't see you James and Ayse. Otherwise, a nice day today.
http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/lmp2/pesage-6-juin.html
Old 6 Jun 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2705650)   #74
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Ayse and I arrived at Jacobins at about 16:00........and left at about 16:20. What a scrum, you couldn't move. They've squeezed everything into a space about a third of the size of the old venue. The crowds were 6 or 7 deep around the perimeter. There is a stage for driver interviews, as in the past, but no big screens (as far as I could see). Not spectator friendly at all.......hoping it's considerably less crowded tomorrow!
The place looks overcrowded on the photos of Endurance-Info. Hot temperature, nervous people : hard day for your 6th june landing mates !

Tomorrow will be cooler.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2705671)   #75
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Another view of the scrutineering today, didn't see you James and Ayse. Otherwise, a nice day today.
http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/lmp2/pesage-6-juin.html
Thanks for the photos! That Ford GT looks nice in those colors.
And Natasha is still on the crutches. Hope the girls make it to the end but not at snail pace!

Luc Alphand is also there (photo after Henri's at Endurance Info). Does anyone know why he isn't driving? Money drivers paying for the cars, consequence of last year?