Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:04 (Ref:2838678)   #1
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
FanVision (formerly Kangaroo TV) (thread closed)

Does anybody know wether or not Kangaroo TV will be available during this year's race again?

All I could find was this website dating back to last year's race:

http://www.kangaroo.tv/kangaroo-sports/lemans.php

Has anybody ever used this? The features sure sound sweet but I wonder if it works as intended and is worth the price...
Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:20 (Ref:2838693)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yep .... Ive had it for the last 2 years . It adds another great dimension to a great race .

Only issue was that the signal wasnt strong enough when you were down at Arnage ..... but from what I can gather , this was going to be addressed for 2011 .

I reckon its a great deal , and plan to have it again this year .

They supply you with 2 batteries , which is good enough . If you need another battery or 2 , they have 2 stations around the track where you can get them .
Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2838696)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it is there I will get it again. Worth stating, because I believe that someone involved has read these threads.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2838697)   #4
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Planning to jump straight on this too when it comes out. Been keeping an eye on their site for a while but nothing as yet. Last year there was someone from KTV on the forum so hopefully they will be back.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2838698)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yes ..... there was one of their reps responding to the thread last year , and even offered a 10/tenths discount .

He should surface soon .
Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2838699)   #6
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
How does picking up the units work? I remember reading something about having to leave a deposit etc..

Is the english audio feed Radio Le Mans?
Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:48 (Ref:2838719)   #7
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From when I was last there it was RLM commentary on the handset, I think you could switch between feeds too IMO. While the hire price is a little pricey, (better value than the F1 coverage however) I think they are invaluable for an event such as this. I was hooked from the first second of using it, I couldn't stop using it to compare split times!
Old 1 Mar 2011, 22:17 (Ref:2838737)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
How does picking up the units work? I remember reading something about having to leave a deposit etc..

Is the english audio feed Radio Le Mans?
Last year the feed was RLM .

You order it online , and pick it up at one of their stations at the track . Pay with credit card , simple .

The depoist is your credit card number ..... when you return the KTV , they give you a recipt which you should keep ..... but Ive never had any issues .

The whole deal is brilliant , easy to use ..... up and running in seconds .

Ive just checked my emails , and I have a contact addy for the rep . So I asked him to take a look at this thread , so expect some news soon .

Pricy ..... your having a laugh !!! 55 euros for the week , excellant price in my opinion . The first year was 80 if I remember correctly , so 55 is teriffic .

Last edited by The Badger; 1 Mar 2011 at 22:24.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 22:33 (Ref:2838751)   #9
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it? Oh it was 80 when I was last there I think in it's first year as you said! That's pretty good actually.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 22:38 (Ref:2838755)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was converted last year - thoiught it was excellent - particularly when watching the timing screens as I was willing the Peugeots to catch those German things......
Old 1 Mar 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2838763)   #11
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Thanks a bunch for all the excellent info

Yes, the timing will be the most important feature for me as well. My last time at Le Mans was 2007 and I always found it to be rather difficult to keep up with what's happening in the race... this will make it much easier.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2839188)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And if there are several in your group, even better - share the cost between you and take turns with it!
Old 2 Mar 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2839235)   #13
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I really enjoyed Kangaroo TV last year, we will certainly hire it for this year !
Old 3 Mar 2011, 06:39 (Ref:2839453)   #14
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll be interested to see their pricing for this year. The price dropped significantly last year, making the package very attractive indeed, especially with the 10Tenths discount and the cost shared between 3 of us. It worked out at £15 each, approximately.

But, I wonder if we're going to be on the receiving end of a big price hike this year. They are addressing the main criticism of the system, which was the lack of coverage outside the main spectator areas (2011 will see coverage extended to Arnage and Mulsanne), and my fear is that we're REALLY going to pay for that improved coverage.

Shall await pricing for 2011 with great interest..............
Old 3 Mar 2011, 13:04 (Ref:2839617)   #15
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
I checked the website afterThe Badgers post and its down as 55 Euros, perhaps the price won't be hiked? I'm still going to hang on and see if there is any discount because I'm a tight sod.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 13:27 (Ref:2839626)   #16
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
I checked the website afterThe Badgers post and its down as 55 Euros, perhaps the price won't be hiked? I'm still going to hang on and see if there is any discount because I'm a tight sod.
Interesting. Are we sure that's the 2011 link? I only ask because it's showing the 2010 coverage map, not the map for 2011.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2839765)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sounds like last year's price to me......

I'm surprised the 'Kangaroo Man' hasn't been on here yet to update us!
Old 3 Mar 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2839841)   #18
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah the site's not been changed. Couldn't book one yet even if I wanted to.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 20:44 (Ref:2839845)   #19
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
Gaah it is the 2010 site! I thought that it was odd that they weren't taking orders for handsets!
Old 5 Mar 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2840525)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Surprising - and a little worrying. You'd think by now that they would gear up earlier, having recognised that most of the diehard Le Mans fans make their preparations months in advance......
Old 5 Mar 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2840528)   #21
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, last year, Kangaroo-man only popped in on March 8th (3 days to go): http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=114

Still too early to worry I think? Maybe they had plenty in stock last year so they're not too worried about making sure sign-ups are done early on.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 13:48 (Ref:2840569)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Surprising - and a little worrying. You'd think by now that they would gear up earlier, having recognised that most of the diehard Le Mans fans make their preparations months in advance......
Tell that to the ACO when requesting delivery of tickets, or even confirmation of an order for tickets.

Ah, it'll be OK. If they haven't appeared at the GP before then we should start worrying.
Old 8 Mar 2011, 23:30 (Ref:2842400)   #23
Cansie
Rookie

Cansie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Things aren't looking good. Just seen that Kangaroo is now called Fanvision and only seems to cater for American football (think rugby while wrapped in cushions and running around for 3 minutes max) and F1. Couldn't find ANY reference to Le Mans
http://www.fanvision.com/
Old 9 Mar 2011, 00:57 (Ref:2842436)   #24
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
oops, not good.

Time to get in contact with them:

Kangaroo TV Europe Ltd.
70 Sir John Rogerson's Quay
Dublin 2
Ireland

Attention: Customer Services
Fax: +1.450.595.2010
Email: f1info@fanvision.com

Phone:
Canada & USA: 1.613.224.1400
UK local: 0.808.189.0102
UK toll free: +44.8455.280535
Old 9 Mar 2011, 06:42 (Ref:2842499)   #25
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fanvision has been around American football and NASCAR for a few years. The difference between it and Kangeroo TV is that you have to buy the handheld device and then pay a subscription.

There was a press release a few days ago announcing the Fanvision G3 device coming to F1 this year but no mention of the whether the old Kangeroo device would still be available.

Hopefully someone from the company will appear in this thread soon.
Closed Thread