Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Jun 2013, 05:00 (Ref:3260720)   #251
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes the E111 has always been on the essential list. But you should also be aware that you can buy just about anything from a chemist, where as in the UK you need a pescription to get hold of dangerous (or what they call dangerous) drugs in france you just hand over cash/credit card. Lost my insulin one year and purchased all I needed and more at a local chemist.
Old 20 Jun 2013, 11:15 (Ref:3265393)   #252
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it just me or will it be really sad not to have a Pescarolo car this year

I can recall a couple of years ago in the chatroom willing the Pesca on.. to beat the might of the Audi megateam...

Underdogs rule
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Jun 2013, 11:18 (Ref:3265398)   #253
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is sad - but I couldn't find one anywhere to bring with me.....
Old 24 Jun 2013, 15:21 (Ref:3268956)   #254
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is it just me or will it be really sad not to have a Pescarolo car this year
We didn't have a Pescarolo car - but we DID have Pescarolo in a car
Old 25 Jun 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3269705)   #255
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so much for my new thing this year..... i achieved in alot of photos of track yet again!
Old 25 Jun 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3269734)   #256
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The D700 did me proud, the full frame sensor meant low light shots were a real possibility for the first time.

Now I start the process of saving up for the big lens to go with it rather than the stopgap 300 I bought.
Old 25 Jun 2013, 21:37 (Ref:3269743)   #257
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think im just destined miss the cars!
Old 26 Jun 2013, 07:01 (Ref:3269858)   #258
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I must report that the iPod Nano i brought along this year was all the money worth - and then some!
I had to recharge it 2 times over the 24hours with my AA batterypack. But in return i got a crystal clear RLM feed all around the track, even at Arnage! (Mulsanne was a bit of a problem)
So I can definiatly recommend it
Old 26 Jun 2013, 07:43 (Ref:3269877)   #259
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I took the advice of someone on here and resurrected an old Nokia phone purely for the FM radio (with no sim in it) and it worked a treat, lasted the whole race and was still showing a nearly full battery
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3269922)   #260
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Wind- and waterproof Gazebo came in handy!
Old 27 Jun 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3270511)   #261
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
The D700 did me proud, the full frame sensor meant low light shots were a real possibility for the first time.

Now I start the process of saving up for the big lens to go with it rather than the stopgap 300 I bought.
I did the same last year. I finally dropped on an 80-200 AF-S for a very good price about a month back. Then got loaned a 300 f4 for the race. I loved to big zoom, but a D700 + battery pack is a heavy old thing with that lens...

It IS nice to set just about any ISO you want, knowing the camera can take it.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 16:25 (Ref:3315275)   #262
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
I know this is the 2013 edition of "LM24 New Stuff" but, I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these for next year!:
eBay, VW T1 Tent
Old 9 Oct 2013, 16:53 (Ref:3315286)   #263
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
People at the pitch next to us had one. Looked very cool on the outside, but very 'cosy' on the inside. I hope you like your friends a lot!
Old 9 Oct 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3315287)   #264
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I know this is the 2013 edition of "LM24 New Stuff"
Not any more......
Old 9 Oct 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3315335)   #265
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
People at the pitch next to us had one. Looked very cool on the outside, but very 'cosy' on the inside. I hope you like your friends a lot!
I knew i had seen one in the campsite, remember seeing it looking a little unstable when the wind picked up but must admit it did look cool the rest of the time
Old 9 Oct 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3315391)   #266
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Perhaps we could get Travel Destinations to use them as their stock tents - a whole camping area of them at the Porsche Curves would look even cooler!
Old 9 Oct 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3315397)   #267
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Who says I'm gonna share?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Perhaps we could get Travel Destinations to use them as their stock tents - a whole camping area of them at the Porsche Curves would look even cooler!
That, or one of the huge Danish Camps .

Maybe I can it sponsored by my work!? (VW)
Old 9 Oct 2013, 20:22 (Ref:3315400)   #268
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There you go Mathias - perfect!
Old 9 Oct 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3315420)   #269
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I take Technet chargers for my iPhone. OK, I have the luxury of having a room to go back to, but I find these work very well.
I've been meaning to say for months. On the back of this post I got one. Bloody brilliant, really useful.

Now if only Le Mans would get a gadget that meant there was enough bandwidth!
Old 10 Oct 2013, 08:28 (Ref:3315612)   #270
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not heard of these - I take it you're talking about something like: http://www.tecknet.co.uk/products.ph...mobile-devices ?

Am I right in assuming this is a 'spare battery' that you charge and take with you to then recharge your phone etc?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 10:27 (Ref:3315654)   #271
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
Not heard of these - I take it you're talking about something like: http://www.tecknet.co.uk/products.ph...mobile-devices ?

Am I right in assuming this is a 'spare battery' that you charge and take with you to then recharge your phone etc?
Exactly.

You charge it up via the mains before you leave and then it gives you x-hours worth of charge, depending on how big of a pack you buy.

Got one for the first time this year after messing around with various tat and this gets the job done. Pretty essential I'd say if you're camping or spending long periods at the track.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3315707)   #272
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers, will get hold of one for next year. My iphone doesn't last a full work day let alone being at the track until late at night, so that'll be handy for topping up. Even with the queues driving to Arnage it's not enough to charge it!
Old 10 Oct 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3315730)   #273
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
They are very good. But don't forget those little cheap ones that Mathias recommended - I bought two of those for peanuts - they work on a single AA battery and will give you pretty much a full charge. I've got two of those as well. Handy to keep in a camera bag
Old 10 Oct 2013, 13:02 (Ref:3315733)   #274
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Oh ok, thanks Will look back for that
Old 10 Oct 2013, 13:05 (Ref:3315735)   #275
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just a word of caution on the Tecknet chargers - some of the older ones are not iPhone5 compatible - due to the lightning charger fitting. The larger ones have universal USB charging so will be alright for most things....