Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Apr 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3390142)   #301
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I rated the original LowePro Minitrekker backpack I had as a hillwalking daypack. It swallows tons of kit, plus lunch.
The later versions are not so clever.
But as it's NOT going to rain, do you need the weatherproof one?
It would seem you cannot get these anymore, Classic or otherwise. Ebay???
Old 8 Apr 2014, 11:44 (Ref:3390148)   #302
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
This year I will be hiring an f2.8 70-200 for the week, and I may replace my battery charger, but I think I'm all equipped otherwise.

Ah, yes, I need a new camera bag, one that can accomodate the other stuff I cart around at LM as well (water proofs for when it NEVER ****s food, beer etc).

Any suggestions?
I've been a huge fan of Deuter daypacks for a while now - if you get one with a combination of a frame and the air comfort back you can wear one cheerfully all day, and while I generally carry a small one (for goretex, water, etc) larger models are available. Only note of caution is that due to the frame they don't work all that well slung nonchalantly over one shoulder - so perhaps not one for the uber image conscious.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3390154)   #303
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any ideas or suggestions of how to play music and radio to satisfactory level without having a generator?
Old 8 Apr 2014, 12:04 (Ref:3390157)   #304
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
first thing that springs to mind is bluetooth standalone speakers, but i'm not sure if any of those accept batteries or if they're just mains charger jobs? if they charge off usb then i suppose you could charge them from one of those external batteries that ayse recommended ages ago and that most of us now have
Old 8 Apr 2014, 12:24 (Ref:3390170)   #305
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
We always bring our small but good working Ghetto-blaster with us, works fine.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 12:24 (Ref:3390171)   #306
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
first thing that springs to mind is bluetooth standalone speakers, but i'm not sure if any of those accept batteries or if they're just mains charger jobs? if they charge off usb then i suppose you could charge them from one of those external batteries that ayse recommended ages ago and that most of us now have
External batteries! Cracking idea which I had completely forgotten about.

Cheers bella.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 12:25 (Ref:3390172)   #307
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Any ideas or suggestions of how to play music and radio to satisfactory level without having a generator?
We have a camp radio, purchased about 10 years ago now which provides music/ RLM it runs on 8 large batteries and is loud enough for us without disturbing others around
Old 8 Apr 2014, 12:51 (Ref:3390192)   #308
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We have a camp radio,
obviously now picturing a *camp* radio. is it pink and sparkly? answers to the name belinda at the weekends?
Old 8 Apr 2014, 12:57 (Ref:3390194)   #309
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
obviously now picturing a *camp* radio. is it pink and sparkly? answers to the name belinda at the weekends?
Oh very funny

We have all sorts of things that over the years have been purchased while we are in le mans with camp funds.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 12:59 (Ref:3390196)   #310
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I should be OK for music... Hermione has a pair of decently large stereo speakers installed.
But I'll likely be running the bluetooth soundbar off the phone.
A more neighbour friendly solution!
Old 9 Apr 2014, 07:21 (Ref:3390425)   #311
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
This year I will be hiring an f2.8 70-200 for the week, and I may replace my battery charger, but I think I'm all equipped otherwise.

Ah, yes, I need a new camera bag, one that can accomodate the other stuff I cart around at LM as well (water proofs for when it NEVER ****s food, beer etc).

Any suggestions?
I have a Lowepro backpack - can't remember the 'model' now, but largish with camera and lens compartment at bottom, laptop insert (which I normally use for a light coat or sweater) and quite a large top container which holds my headphones (so that large) plus a surprising amount of other kit. As well as water bottle pocket and all sorts of other storage spaces. Absolutely brilliant. I've had it since 2011, I think.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3390495)   #312
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I should be OK for music... Hermione has a pair of decently large stereo speakers installed.
But I'll likely be running the bluetooth soundbar off the phone.
A more neighbour friendly solution!
am i alone in preferring the ambiance of the local wildlife as a soundtrack? it's the same in the mountains. when i've got a plank strapped to my feet and i'm on a few metres of fluffy stuff i want to hear the fluffy stuff under the plank and the special brand of silence that comes with a mountain. driving to and from that is the time for music.

likewise at le mans. i like to hear the noise of les voitures, the sweet dulcet tones of thousands of part time weekend drunkards, and the general sound of a thousand merguez being thrown on the barby.

that and a radio is another bit of crap to remember to pack
Old 9 Apr 2014, 12:19 (Ref:3390505)   #313
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
In the campsites after practice/qualy then the gentle sounds of people talking and some light music are the natural state, if you want to sleep then put the ear plugs in and you will drift away
Old 9 Apr 2014, 13:03 (Ref:3390520)   #314
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One can also listen to Radio Le Mans as well as music.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3390539)   #315
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
am i alone in preferring the ambiance of the local wildlife as a soundtrack? it's the same in the mountains. when i've got a plank strapped to my feet and i'm on a few metres of fluffy stuff i want to hear the fluffy stuff under the plank and the special brand of silence that comes with a mountain. driving to and from that is the time for music.

likewise at le mans. i like to hear the noise of les voitures, the sweet dulcet tones of thousands of part time weekend drunkards, and the general sound of a thousand merguez being thrown on the barby.

that and a radio is another bit of crap to remember to pack
Remember Bella you're going to be in the parallel world of Tertre Rouge this year, where some Demis Roussos gently tinkling in the background is an essential part of Friday evening.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3390545)   #316
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Remember Bella you're going to be in the parallel world of Tertre Rouge this year, where some Demis Roussos gently tinkling in the background is an essential part of Friday evening.
as long as there's no poetry readings, repair your own pushbike seminars and heated discussions about the best hemp/cotton blend to use for underpants i'm happy

(though should anyone wish to join in with my soon-to-be-traditional meditation session at dunlop at sunrise they'd be welcome. suggestions for oms are encouraged )
Old 9 Apr 2014, 14:14 (Ref:3390546)   #317
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I wish this was true. Some idiots way too close to my pitch had a nightclub worthy PA system and and a crappy taste in music to go with it, so I would prefer some gently tinkling in the background this year....
Old 9 Apr 2014, 14:14 (Ref:3390547)   #318
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
*Reminds Self to pack the Death Metal, and 1000 watt speakers*
Demis Roussos? How long since I heard that???
Old 9 Apr 2014, 15:10 (Ref:3390555)   #319
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I'd prefer Death Metal to the utter filth they were playing....
Old 9 Apr 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3390560)   #320
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Sounds like M-B last year. I've said it lots, so won't repeat, but I was about ready to shove his microphone where the sun don't shone!
Old 9 Apr 2014, 15:35 (Ref:3390566)   #321
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
the advantage of TR is that you can pick your own spot, once you know where the noisy people set up the party equipement (they are usually one of the first to arrive) you can pick a spot that is far enough away
Old 9 Apr 2014, 16:27 (Ref:3390575)   #322
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sounds like M-B last year. I've said it lots, so won't repeat, but I was about ready to Shove his microphone where the sun don't shine!
Sounds like a Death Metal song anyway........
Old 9 Apr 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3390592)   #323
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Demis Roussos? How long since I heard that???
He was singing : R**n and tears, are the same...

How could Ayse bear this song ?
Old 9 Apr 2014, 17:37 (Ref:3390601)   #324
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
He was singing : R**n and tears, are the same...

How could Ayse bear this song ?
Is he tone deaf
Old 9 Apr 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3390603)   #325
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, comes from nearly 40 years of listening to the Ramones........