Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Feb 2013, 08:38 (Ref:3211022)   #101
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Got myself on the camera ladder for this year. Starting off entry level with a Nikon 3200 and a 55-300mm lens. Takes any excuses out of the equation so let's see.

Hopefully I'll be able to test it out at Brit GT Oulton/WEC(ELMS)/Blancpain before the big trip.
Good look taking pix of anything within a closish range with that lens mate
Old 26 Feb 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3211033)   #102
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
I'll be bringing a 18-55, a 50-f/1.8 and a 55-300 in my camera bag with an older (ish) D40. Leaving the 55-200 at home, and the 50 and 55-300 are new acquisitions especially for the race.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3211056)   #103
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Planning on getting a 50 to go with my 18-55 and 70-200 at some point. Priority this year is a new body, hopefully a D700.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 13:03 (Ref:3211148)   #104
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Haha when are you ever in a closeish range at Le Mans. Got the 18-55mm that came with it for the pitwalk and whatnot.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 14:07 (Ref:3211167)   #105
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
Quote:
Haha when are you ever in a closeish range at Le Mans. Got the 18-55mm that came with it for the pitwalk and whatnot.
You'll be wanting that for wide shots as well mate.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3211248)   #106
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
You'll be wanting that for wide shots as well mate.
I got a 18-55 and 55-250 Lens.
I used the 55-250 WAY more than the 18-55. However carried the 18-55 around with me all the time, as it came handy sometimes
Old 26 Feb 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3211267)   #107
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For me the bigger lens is also compensating for something.

The lack of any clue what I'm doing!
Old 26 Feb 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3211280)   #108
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
For me the bigger lens is also compensating for something.

The lack of any clue what I'm doing!
I know the feeling .
Once you're there, and in it, it all comes very natural to you!
Old 2 Mar 2013, 22:45 (Ref:3213387)   #109
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Having jumped onto 35mm size sensor, with a D700, I've had to re think lenses. I still have the gorgeous Zuikos on the Olympus, but I've gone and bought an old FILM spec Sigma 18-35 for the Nikon. It won't set teh world on fire, but then it was just £30.
I'm still not sure if the 800mm mirror will be of any use, though! That may well get recycled. Thinking of a Sigma 50-500, maybe.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3218567)   #110
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My new addition will be a camera as well this year, no idea what model, lens or size, but its a pretty blue!
Old 15 Mar 2013, 05:11 (Ref:3218695)   #111
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
My new addition will be a camera as well this year, no idea what model, lens or size, but its a pretty blue!
Does that mean it's a soapbox instead of a proper camera?
Old 15 Mar 2013, 08:38 (Ref:3218744)   #112
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Be careful Victor, remember Helen will be taking photo's in our campsite and no one looks good as they crawl out of the tent after a heavy night
Old 15 Mar 2013, 08:48 (Ref:3218750)   #113
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Be careful Victor, remember Helen will be taking photo's in our campsite and no one looks good as they crawl out of the tent after a heavy night
Alright, I'll do my best not to look compromised then.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3218906)   #114
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Who knows... Who knows!
Old 21 Apr 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3237292)   #115
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Inspired by this years green challenge I have purchased I have purchased some biodegradable tent pegs, made of potato starch and polypropylene they will degrade if left in the ground, expecting them to either shatter when hit with a mallet in the hard ground or turn to mashed potato if it rains.
Originally priced at £9.99 for four, mountain essentials obviously had trouble selling them as they were reduced to £1.99 and then in a buy 1 get 1 free offer, so at 25p each what the heck, the metal ones usually have trouble staying in place so they may work.
anyone else bought something silly this year?
Old 23 Apr 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3238300)   #116
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Speak for yourself.
Old 28 Apr 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3240370)   #117
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
2x2 metre poles, plus a 5metre square tarp. Add in bungee corded balls, and I have shade/shelter over a couple of tents.
Something to cook under, whatever the weather.
Old 29 Apr 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3240667)   #118
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm going to buy a new bottle of sun cream.
Old 29 Apr 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3240671)   #119
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
that will put the kibosh of a warm and sunny time for sure
Old 29 Apr 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3240705)   #120
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Have tested my new Deuter Backpack at Silverstone for the first Time . Much more comfortable than my old Lowepro . Perfect for my cam with the 70-300 Lens . WEC Race at Spa will be the next Test
Old 1 May 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3241339)   #121
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Have tested my new Deuter Backpack at Silverstone for the first Time . Much more comfortable than my old Lowepro . Perfect for my cam with the 70-300 Lens . WEC Race at Spa will be the next Test
see you there Walter!
Old 1 May 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3241340)   #122
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
New for this year thanks to some of you guys :

- a visit to the old town ( never been there in my 22 previous visits !! )
- going for a swim.

for the rest we will be the same as ever : lots of walking / taking pictures, have a drink with fellow ten tenthers etc. etc.
Old 1 May 2013, 16:40 (Ref:3241390)   #123
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
see you there Walter!
Looking forward to see you at Spa
Old 1 May 2013, 16:55 (Ref:3241394)   #124
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Noticed over the last few years that a lot of people have started to use headphone with radio's in them rather than small radio's with the small ear inserts, could be this years purchase can anyone recommend a cheap alternative nothing to expensive please
Old 1 May 2013, 17:17 (Ref:3241401)   #125
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133458
Check this, had the same issue last year, didn't know what to buy.
It depends on what you want to spend, mine was if I remember correctly 90 euro and is good value for money.