Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 19 Apr 2019, 09:48 (Ref:3898550)   #651
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can see you're really getting into this Peter!
Old 19 Apr 2019, 09:48 (Ref:3898551)   #652
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah mais oui.
Old 19 Apr 2019, 09:49 (Ref:3898552)   #653
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
LM has some great vantage points and yes a few videos wouldn’t go amiss
As it happens, I'm just uploading video #100 from my trip last year. My story is very delayed (life has just got in the way far too much) but I still hope to beat my delay record of about 7 years ago when it was 'published' just 5 weeks before the race!
Old 23 Apr 2019, 15:51 (Ref:3899208)   #654
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Debating if I should splurge on a grandstand ticket this year. I'd like to sit in T34 at some point, is it open for GE holders on Wednesday and Thursday? If so I might just settle for that.
Old 23 Apr 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3899227)   #655
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Debating if I should splurge on a grandstand ticket this year. I'd like to sit in T34 at some point, is it open for GE holders on Wednesday and Thursday? If so I might just settle for that.
Yes it is.
Old 2 May 2019, 17:41 (Ref:3901315)   #656
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Happy enough to settle for GE this year!

Is this the best road for accessing the TR campsite? How late can one check in? I might be arriving quite late on Sunday.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...438!4d0.222326
Old 2 May 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3901328)   #657
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes that is the normal way in. However it that one is closed. Head back towards le mans after the roundabout turn left to wards the main circuit entrance near the museum and get in there. You may need to get a GE there anyway.
Old 2 May 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3901344)   #658
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That makes sense. I wonder why they’ve closed it off though? Thankfully there’s so many roads around there and coming in next to the museum must be epic
Old 2 May 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3901355)   #659
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well lets say manning a gate there for a few people arriving at Tertre Rouge campsite on Sunday is expensive, were as the main gate will have people there anyway.
Old 2 May 2019, 18:57 (Ref:3901360)   #660
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well I guess that’s a good reason to do it. Especially if there are loads coming
Old 20 May 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3904891)   #661
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thinking about avoiding Paris on my way to LM comming from the Netherlands. Is driving via Rouen doable. I mean traffic wise.
Old 20 May 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3904897)   #662
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Thinking about avoiding Paris on my way to LM comming from the Netherlands. Is driving via Rouen doable. I mean traffic wise.
That looks like a bit of a detour but maybe avoiding Paris is worth it.

I have driven through Rouen a couple of times on the way down from Calais or Dieppe but my usual route these days is to skirt around to the north of Rouen on the A29 then head south via Yvetot, before joining the A28 to Le Mans. It's slower but a lot nicer, and you cross the Seine over a pretty cool suspension bridge.

Having said that, I had no trouble driving through Rouen.
Old 20 May 2019, 15:24 (Ref:3904898)   #663
S griffin
Veteran

Speaking of Rouen, does anyone take a drive round the old les Essarts circuit on the way down?
Old 20 May 2019, 17:29 (Ref:3904923)   #664
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Speaking of Rouen, does anyone take a drive round the old les Essarts circuit on the way down?
I've always wanted to, but it would be a very long way out of my way on my route....
Old 21 May 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3905025)   #665
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
In my many years of travelling between the Channel ports and Le Mans, I've tried all three of the routes mentioned already.

Travelling via Paris is quite enjoyable. There is some sort of phobia - certainly amongst Brits - about the Peripherique which I don't share. It's not a problem; generally speaking it flows (unlike, say, the N. Circular Road in London) and I've never had any difficulties with it. However, if you think you're going to see the sights of Paris, you won't. Those travelling from, say, Calais will find it longer and more expensive in motorway toll costs.

If you're uneasy about driving in heavy traffic, by-passing Rouen to the west has its advantages, not least the Pont de Brotonne already mentioned.

The route which I favour and which I always come back to, is that which takes you down the hill from Isaneauville, through the Darnetal Tunnel, over the River Seine and then out of Rouen on the N338 through Petite and Grand Quevilly. The alternative route once over the river, alongside the marshalling yards and the "Cow" roundabout has too many sets of traffic lights and is a nightmare on the return journey after the race.

No one route is ideal and much will depend on how confident you are in heavy traffic. All have something to recommend.

As for Les Essarts: one day......
Old 23 May 2019, 01:13 (Ref:3905311)   #666
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes. Done it a few times, including last year. The downhill blast from the pits is amazing and then you arrive at this hairpin.

There’s a thread about it somewhere round here...

Edit:
... it’s not that extensive, but it is mentioned quite often I believe
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...ighlight=Rouen
Attached Thumbnails
A4AC7413-55B9-4244-9D5B-F8A150265F82.jpeg  
Old 10 Jun 2021, 17:35 (Ref:4055593)   #667
24hrmans
Rookie

24hrmans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crosspost, this time in the corect thread. Sorry, about that
----------
Newbie here and planning to go this year with my son(suprirse) who finished his exams (and will be 18 by then). I've been monitoring the official site the whole day but to no avail and just got the mail with ticketing starting 21 june.

With only 50000 visitors (and me wanting to go), I'm wandering if I should become a ACO member (to make sure we get in and buy tickets on 17 June). Some questions I have:
1) Do both me and my son needs to be a ACO member?
2) Discounts will not be valid (for me) this year, but next year onwards (as ACO member). Is this correct?
3) Are there any worthwhile extra's I should book when becoming a member?
4) Any chance on getting seats on T17, T18?
5) As ACO member (and if available) are there any preferred campings (didn't look into this yet)?

Any help would be welcome.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 17:52 (Ref:4055597)   #668
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Actually answered you in the other one already, if someone could move it please do
Old 11 Jun 2021, 07:49 (Ref:4055676)   #669
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think it can be left where it was originally posted. It's fine there. That's where the majority of the 'can I go?' discussion is taking place.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 08:43 (Ref:4055690)   #670
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Even if a newbie was lucky enough to get tickets then 2021 is probably not a good year to attend as there won't be the atmosphere of a normal year.

Best off making plans for 2022.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 09:21 (Ref:4055694)   #671
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Even if a newbie was lucky enough to get tickets then 2021 is probably not a good year to attend as there won't be the atmosphere of a normal year.

Best off making plans for 2022.
I completely agree. The atmosphere this year - for those who make it - will be nothing like normal. In fact, it will probably seem very abnormal indeed....
Old 11 Jun 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4055695)   #672
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup, same here.
Old 7 Aug 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4065738)   #673
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I completely agree. The atmosphere this year - for those who make it - will be nothing like normal.
Yes but after to or three years at this rate this will become the new normality…
Old 7 Aug 2021, 15:57 (Ref:4065740)   #674
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hopefully not....
Old 7 Aug 2021, 18:22 (Ref:4065747)   #675
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yes it will be different but sure as hell better than sitting at home wishing you were there
Closed Thread