Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 May 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3406395)   #1
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Egg The official LM 2014 Sunny weather thread

Does this look good????????!!!!!!!!
http://m.accuweather.com/en/fr/le-ma...orecast/135975
Let's hope they are wrong. It will be SUNNY the whole week
Old 14 May 2014, 21:03 (Ref:3406400)   #2
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It will change at least five times between now and next month. I'm just hoping for no ridiculous lightning this year or massive hailstones.
Old 15 May 2014, 02:52 (Ref:3406449)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Weather is not something you can predict one month up front. A few days max. So this threat is rather useless for the next 28 days. Sorry to be a killjoy and a spoilsport.
Old 15 May 2014, 05:16 (Ref:3406474)   #4
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't worry, all is ready for you to get warm:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/--...ux+De+Joie+-+3
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-z...ux+De+Joie+-+1
Old 15 May 2014, 05:38 (Ref:3406478)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I doubt the bikers will leave much
Old 15 May 2014, 06:20 (Ref:3406485)   #6
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For years now the weather and the R word come up in different threads. Everybody likes to speculate about the weather, mostly complaining. THIS is the SUNNY side, and yes even tomorrows weather is always hard to predict.
Old 15 May 2014, 07:16 (Ref:3406492)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Think sun. Think warm. That's all we can do!
Old 15 May 2014, 11:02 (Ref:3406580)   #8
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I doubt the bikers will leave much
Only thing they seem to leave is graffiti everywhere.
Old 15 May 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3406712)   #9
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't leave my umbrella at home. And a raincoat will be in my bag as well.
Old 15 May 2014, 19:53 (Ref:3406752)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Coat in the bag, but I've never taken an umbrella - or wellies - in 28 years.......
Old 15 May 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3406768)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Never take wellies but do keep an umbrella in the back of the car
Old 15 May 2014, 22:12 (Ref:3406790)   #12
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We all know that bringing r-gear is the best way to ensure sun.
If you count on r... there will be sun (I'm sure Ayse will disagree )
Old 16 May 2014, 07:19 (Ref:3406858)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I do. We should all be positive. We're due a beautiful week at Le Mans!
Old 16 May 2014, 07:46 (Ref:3406861)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It is about time we had a warm sunny le mans and i am sure we will have one
Old 16 May 2014, 09:24 (Ref:3406884)   #15
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First LM I went to was 2005 when it was scorchio, 2006 was pretty good too, but not had a repeat of those since. We're due it!
Old 16 May 2014, 11:00 (Ref:3406899)   #16
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Never take wellies but do keep an umbrella in the back of the car
Wellies are basically the only type of shoes I hate. I'd rather change socks dozen times than use wellies.
Old 16 May 2014, 12:54 (Ref:3406923)   #17
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Wellies are basically the only type of shoes I hate. I'd rather change socks dozen times than use wellies.
Doesn't that make you a less than proud Finn given Nokia's origins?
Old 16 May 2014, 16:12 (Ref:3406975)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
If it rains wear sandals without socks, solves problems completely, then just wash feet
Old 16 May 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3407029)   #19
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Doesn't that make you a less than proud Finn given Nokia's origins?
Nokia was quite recently sold to Microsoft so...I'm not satisfied with the current Microsoft Wellies catalog.

But actually I developed my aversion against wellies many years ago in the military. Whether it was +30 or -20, dress code outside the barracks was always wellies instead of combat boots.
Old 16 May 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3407033)   #20
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Nokia was quite recently sold to Microsoft so...I'm not satisfied with the current Microsoft Wellies catalog.

But actually I developed my aversion against wellies many years ago in the military. Whether it was +30 or -20, dress code outside the barracks was always wellies instead of combat boots.
See your point about the army.

Not sure Wellies 8 is going to be any better than Windows 8 either though!
Old 16 May 2014, 19:26 (Ref:3407038)   #21
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My friend once told me how during his service they had one guy in the winter camp whose wellies literally froze to his feets and they couldn't get them off...

Ahh the joys on conscription. Should've chosen civilian service as I did, no wellie issues (or any of that crap) sure everybody makes fun of you but doing just standard 36,15 office hours & living full time in your own home is rather nice

As for the question - wet weather for say morning warm-up and Group C race would be enough rain for this year, the rest can be totally dry (partly because I don't wanna see them pussying behind SC for no reason when it rains a little more - which is the current trend... and especially now with Webber there)

Last edited by Deleted; 16 May 2014 at 19:33.
Old 18 May 2014, 11:52 (Ref:3407476)   #22
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'd take some of this weather they are having right now at Le Mans for the MotoGP.

Looks like it's cracking the flags.
Old 18 May 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3407480)   #23
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'd take some of this weather they are having right now at Le Mans for the MotoGP.

Looks like it's cracking the flags.
Sure!!!!!
Old 18 May 2014, 12:11 (Ref:3407486)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well we are due a good one and lets hope the weather in the balkans is not moving Le mans way.
Old 19 May 2014, 10:58 (Ref:3407805)   #25
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
For years now the weather and the R word come up in different threads. Everybody likes to speculate about the weather, mostly complaining. THIS is the SUNNY side, and yes even tomorrows weather is always hard to predict.
When we are talking about weeks... It isn't just hard to predict, but almost impossible because it just becomes a crapshoot. It's kind of funny that all these weather sites make these long predictions because they are useless in terms of "sunny or rain". Rain can be predicted accurately for 0.5-2 days. If you see rain in rain radar, then believe it.

Last edited by deggis; 19 May 2014 at 11:13.