Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Jan 2023, 19:18 (Ref:4141213)   #2251
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I remember the shirt, but did he revive with a different shirt for the 2nd year? I can't remember. and I think we have Mr 43 to thank for the thread title.
If I recall he was switching shirts during the race. I presume there were similar wardrobe activities in subsequent years
Old 25 Jan 2023, 19:27 (Ref:4141214)   #2252
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Make it stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I hear there has been a shirt change in the studio.
Quote:
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
long sleeves made an entrance
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Challenge accepted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
You're not the only one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Damn right
The shirts of 2019.
Old 25 Jan 2023, 19:41 (Ref:4141216)   #2253
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Anyone watched the Porsche/Fassbender Road to Le Mans stuff this season on YouTube?

First time I've watched it and really impressed. It does a few things really well. I genuinely don't think I've seen anything better at conveying the sheer gravity of doing Le Mans for someone who isn't a trained racing driver.

It really doesn't pull punches or sugar-coat anything. You can see he's absolutely sh*tting himself. Really mentally struggling at times. It's also pretty decent in the access it gives to debriefs, info, general feel for the racing team. And obviously it's got a generous budget and is shot beautifully. Would not be out of place at all on Netflix. Very much recommend this season and I'll go back and watch the other 3 seasons too.
Just like Porsche themselves, Fassbender's Road to Le Mans series has a clearly-defined goal that is executed to a high standard. I do still have an inkling that some acting skills were still on display, but otherwise it's been great to watch.

It doesn't feel fair to compare it to WEC Full Access, which deliberately has a broader, less defined focus, but the WEC crew should really study how the narrative is presented in this series.
Old 25 Jan 2023, 20:19 (Ref:4141219)   #2254
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
The shirts of 2019.
Right! I remember.....
Old 26 Jan 2023, 00:59 (Ref:4141232)   #2255
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
The shirts of 2019.
Brilliant.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 17:27 (Ref:4147054)   #2256
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guess this goes in here as I can't see a WEC general TV thread.

From a UK perspective.

What is the best place to watch the WEC this coming week and going forward?

I believe there are three main options for online streaming.

Eurosport / Discovery+ subscription.
-£6.99 a month
-1080p 50hz quality?
-Showing the full race for this event but is
there any guarantee of future events? As I'm sure they've missed out chunks of the Spa 6 Hours in years gone by.
- Presumably no qualifying
- Covers Le Mans

Motorsport.tv
-£4.79 a month
-Unknown quality
-Presumably has all races and qualifying in full
- Doesn't cover Le Mans.
- Does have Super GT

The 'new' WEC service
- Can't find the price...
- Unknown quality but hearing it might be a lowly 720p 25hz going by the old service
- Presumably has all races and qualifying in full
- Covers Le Mans

So main questions if people know are the following:

- What's the quality of the streams of each service (resolution and framerate would be nice to know)

- Any comments on reliability. I've always found the Eurosport service superb for watching Le Mans, not seen good things about the WEC service and not seen anyone comment on the Motorsport.tv option.

Thanks.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 17:37 (Ref:4147058)   #2257
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I gather the full release on where to watch WEC this weekend and for the season is issued tomorrow

I can add that the intention at present is to broadcast FP3 with a fully produced show live and free on YouTube
Old 14 Mar 2023, 17:43 (Ref:4147059)   #2258
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least someone is broadcasting it. It's good we can still follow it online
Old 14 Mar 2023, 18:50 (Ref:4147069)   #2259
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post

I can add that the intention at present is to broadcast FP3 with a fully produced show live and free on YouTube
Excellent news!
Old 14 Mar 2023, 19:13 (Ref:4147072)   #2260
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
I believe there are three main options for online streaming.

-£6.99 a month
-1080p 50hz quality?
there any guarantee of future events? As I'm sure they've missed out chunks of the Spa 6 Hours in years gone by.
- Covers Le Mans
According to the D+ schedule they show fp3, qualifying and race.

If they have the tv and streaming rights for Sebring it doesn't make sense if they don't have the rights for the other WEC events. I assume they show all events live, at least online, not sure about Eurosport 1 or 2 tv channel.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 19:42 (Ref:4147074)   #2261
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:

-£6.99 a month
-1080p 50hz quality?
- Covers Le Mans
1080p 50hz yes.

Most streams there including WEC are standalone feeds, so always ad-free and full race regardless of what the linear Eurosport channels show. Last year they switched to WEC commentary too so the only difference to WEC world feed was pre/post race and some split-screen in-race interview/segments.

For as long as I've had a subscription all tv-produced sessions have been available, so this year that also includes FP3. Onboards usually only for Le Mans.

Quote:
Motorsport.tv
No longer has any WEC rights apparently. Not listed in the broadcaster listing document that just came out today.

Quote:
The 'new' WEC service
- Can't find the price...
At the bottom: https://discover.fiawec.tv/
After this weekend it will be known if it is more than a facelift with same problems as previously, while Eurosport/D+ is a known quantity especially since you have already used it.

Last edited by deggis; 14 Mar 2023 at 19:50.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 20:47 (Ref:4147083)   #2262
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
I gather the full release on where to watch WEC this weekend and for the season is issued tomorrow

For Eurosport Player subscribers, FP3 and qualifying are currently showing as being broadcast live at 15:45 and 22:20 on Thursday respectively, with the race live on the Player and Eurosport 1 from 15:30 on Friday.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 21:05 (Ref:4147085)   #2263
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
1080p 50hz yes.

Most streams there including WEC are standalone feeds, so always ad-free and full race regardless of what the linear Eurosport channels show. Last year they switched to WEC commentary too so the only difference to WEC world feed was pre/post race and some split-screen in-race interview/segments.

For as long as I've had a subscription all tv-produced sessions have been available, so this year that also includes FP3. Onboards usually only for Le Mans.

No longer has any WEC rights apparently. Not listed in the broadcaster listing document that just came out today.

At the bottom: https://discover.fiawec.tv/
After this weekend it will be known if it is more than a facelift with same problems as previously, while Eurosport/D+ is a known quantity especially since you have already used it.
Good information thanks.

Seems like Eurosport is the one then. A months sub might get both Sebring and Portimao in with a bit of luck as they're exactly a month apart.

Shame about Motorsport.tv they were definitely the dark horses with the extra allure of Super GT coverage and things like the year by year Le Mans documentaries.

The WEC option doesn't really make sense for a few reasons. It's unproven and is quite expensive for what it offers.

For me it's going to either have to undercut Eurosport by quite a lot (maybe a better deal on the season pass would be tempting) or somehow be
much better in a technical sense with a higher bitrate stream, more features etc.

Just thought of something.. Does Eurosport offer a way to watch the races if you missed them live?
Old 14 Mar 2023, 22:25 (Ref:4147091)   #2264
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Just thought of something.. Does Eurosport offer a way to watch the races if you missed them live?
They are automatically archived. Not sure how long but right now all 2022 races are still available (best to use the schedule view or search, because the categorization per sports is a mess).
Old 14 Mar 2023, 23:18 (Ref:4147097)   #2265
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Assuming Eurosport ends up like the last few years I fully recommend it. Lots of in cars. A stream with no ads. And as crisp as a really crisp clear thing.

Which is strange for old Eurosport watchers. Always seemed to have super low bandwidth when on cable or satellite.

Fair play to them.