Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 May 2015, 09:42 (Ref:3537345)   #1
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Le Mans 2015 SUNNY weather thread

Here we go, only one month now, time to talk about the weather. Only one rule in this thread, you can not use the R... word, because it will be sunny whole week
Not sure if I'm happy with the forecast right now.
http://m.accuweather.com/en/fr/le-ma...orecast/135975
Would love a hot edition like 2005.
Old 14 May 2015, 09:46 (Ref:3537346)   #2
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Weather predictions outside a 3 day window are shaky to say the least. A 5 day prediction is about as far as they can go with any reasonable accuracy. One month out is pure speculation.
Old 14 May 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3537348)   #3
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having spend three months in Iceland it learned me that weather forecast doesn't tell you anything.
And I'm still at that opinion if you expect the worst, you get the best so....
It will be:
R
Old 14 May 2015, 10:01 (Ref:3537350)   #4
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
It's just the weather and, in contrast to what the dumb masses seem to believe nowadays, we can hardly predict it, let alone change it.

I'll just prepair for cold and wet as well as hot and humid.
Old 14 May 2015, 10:02 (Ref:3537351)   #5
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In Sarthe , the weather is very unstable in june. It's generally a wet month...
Old 14 May 2015, 11:28 (Ref:3537368)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It will be warm and dry, fingers and toes crossed
Old 14 May 2015, 17:39 (Ref:3537440)   #7
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would be interesting to see how hybrids cars behave in the r*** and on a w*t track... during the practice, of course.
Old 14 May 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3537447)   #8
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
It would be interesting to see how hybrids cars behave in the r*** and on a w*t track... during the practice, of course.
No, I'd rather see them handle those two factors on a test track far away from Le Mans.
Old 14 May 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3537456)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes but for anyone who has not been at Le mans when it is chucking it down during the race, it is not a good sight, one car goes past slowly followed by a cloud of spray within which are several other cars you can not see. And all the time the XXXX is running off your waterproof jacket and soaking into your shorts.

Last edited by GT6; 14 May 2015 at 18:17.
Old 14 May 2015, 18:16 (Ref:3537457)   #10
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yes but for anyone who has not been at Le mans when it is chucking it down during the race, it is not a good sight, one car goes past slowly followed by a cloud of spray within which are several other cars you can not see. And all the time the rain is running off your waterproof jacket and soaking into your shorts.
Well Simon, that is because of your principle of not wearing pants, not even waterproof pants
Old 14 May 2015, 18:52 (Ref:3537475)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
pants are what you wear under your shorts, also legs dry much faster.
It is a tradition that i wear shorts at le mans and one that has lasted 30 years so far
Old 14 May 2015, 19:20 (Ref:3537482)   #12
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
pants are what you wear under your shorts, also legs dry much faster.
It is a tradition that i wear shorts at le mans and one that has lasted 30 years so far
Looks like your SUNhat is a tradition too.
Old 14 May 2015, 19:22 (Ref:3537483)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Same as last year will do me fine.

I'm packing sunhat and suncream. Always do.....
Old 14 May 2015, 19:29 (Ref:3537492)   #14
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Having survived Le Mans in 1980 and Silverstone in 2005, a little rain is fine just hope it is better than either of those 2 experiences and neither of them put me off going again. I wil just pack the usual camping kit.
Old 14 May 2015, 19:32 (Ref:3537494)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Looks like your SUNhat is a tradition too.
It is getting a little moth eaten but might last another year with luck
Old 14 May 2015, 20:48 (Ref:3537511)   #16
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's hope not to have the weather just right now................
Old 15 May 2015, 11:25 (Ref:3537675)   #17
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Here we go, only one month now, time to talk about the weather. Only one rule in this thread, you can not use the R... word, because it will be sunny whole week
Not sure if I'm happy with the forecast right now.
Would love a hot edition like 2005.

I am sure this is a cruel joke by withemr2. Hi must have invented this him self and just made a drawing of a weatherforcars.

VERY bad joke......................

Kenn
Old 15 May 2015, 12:57 (Ref:3537720)   #18
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Well Simon, that is because of your principle of not wearing pants, not even waterproof pants
And his refusal to admit a grandstand seat has these benefits!

I hope for a bit of spicyness in the weather just to liven things up about 3 hours in and about 3 hours before the end.
Old 15 May 2015, 20:29 (Ref:3537841)   #19
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
If the weather was exactly like it was last year I would not complain one bit! It was definitely much warmer than I expected, but no complaints. I do remember the Tuesday before we arrived, we were in Dijon and it was downright HOT!!!
Old 18 May 2015, 04:47 (Ref:3538819)   #20
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Weather looked good yesterday for Moto GP , lets hope it stays that way.
Old 18 May 2015, 05:39 (Ref:3538823)   #21
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland

Don't worry, it will. Looking better and better every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 May 2015 at 08:32.
Old 18 May 2015, 08:32 (Ref:3538846)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It will.

(The power of positive thought..... )
Old 18 May 2015, 09:13 (Ref:3538859)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
Unfortunately missed the motogp yesterday as i was watching the USA win a rugby tournament at twickenham, never dreamt i would say that, anyway only 3 weeks until i will be packing aqnd ready to brave what ever the weather throws at us
Old 18 May 2015, 15:53 (Ref:3539004)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Can you 'throw' sunshine.....?
Old 18 May 2015, 18:16 (Ref:3539052)   #25
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well i hope it throws sunshine at us