Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jun 2015, 15:03 (Ref:3546165)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2015 24 Hours of Le Mans

It is finally race week for the 83rd running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. If you are reading this forum then you already know what kind of epic battle we will have at the sharp end of the field between Audi, Toyota, and Porsche. Throw in the unknown of the radical front-engined Nissan and the LMP1 class is the strongest it has ever been. LMP2 features 19 cars and many of them have a chance at victory. The GT classes will be tough as ever with Porsche, Ferrari, Corvette and Aston Martin bringing factory efforts.

It is not only the race that will be epic, but will the lap record be broken in qualifying? There is a pretty good shot we will be seeing some ridiculous top speeds and overall lap times from all the factory efforts. I hope everyone has a great Le Mans week, the on track action will not disappoint!

Schedule

Entry List

Circuit Maps

Radio Le Mans

Andy Blackmore's Spotter Guide

Fantasy Racing Challenge

Annual Le Mans Prediction Thread

I'm not including a weather link because it will be perfect!

Last edited by joeb; 9 Jun 2015 at 12:32.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 07:15 (Ref:3546383)   #2
antonylight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cobham
antonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridantonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Starting drivers in LMP1 and GTE Pro for Wednesday Free Practice are now on the ACO site
Gaetan Paletou now listed as a Gold driver instead of Bronze
Old 9 Jun 2015, 07:53 (Ref:3546390)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Already?????
Old 9 Jun 2015, 10:37 (Ref:3546429)   #4
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
the first link is to *last* year's schedule !
(thought it was me that had the days muddled!)
Old 9 Jun 2015, 11:00 (Ref:3546437)   #5
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can that be ?
Old 9 Jun 2015, 12:03 (Ref:3546461)   #6
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Paletou shouldn't be a gold driver, that's ridiculous...
Old 9 Jun 2015, 12:34 (Ref:3546474)   #7
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Already?????
Yes, already!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
the first link is to *last* year's schedule !
(thought it was me that had the days muddled!)
I was wondering how I messed that up, but it turns out when you click the link on the WEC homepage that is the schedule they give you.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 14:21 (Ref:3546516)   #8
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Betting Odds as of now:
Car No 7 Audi Sport
5/2
Car No 17 Porsche
7/2
Car No 8 Audi Sport
7/2
Car No 18 Porsche
Car No 1 Toyota Racing
Car No 9 Audi Sport
Car No 2 Toyota Racing
Car No 19 Porsche
Car No 21 Nissan Motorsports
Car No 22 Nissan Motorsports
Car No 23 Nissan Motorsports
Car No 12 Rebellion Racing
Car No 13 Rebellion Racing
Car No 4 Team Bykolles

I think these will change quite a lot after tomorrow...

Last edited by Artur; 9 Jun 2015 at 14:28.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 14:22 (Ref:3546517)   #9
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who's actually offering odds?

And who's already been putting money on Team ByKolles to have odds that short
Old 9 Jun 2015, 14:29 (Ref:3546518)   #10
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.oddschecker.com/motorspor...ing-car-number

Only Skybet are taking bets, so far, at least. ByKolles winning should mean all the money in the world to the better

Curiously, if you bet for Audi not winning, you more than double your money.
https://www.skybet.com/motor-sport/l...=1&aff_id=8036

Last edited by Artur; 9 Jun 2015 at 14:36.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 15:51 (Ref:3546544)   #11
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post

Only Skybet are taking bets, so far, at least. ByKolles winning should mean all the money in the world to the better

In previous years they have offered odds on each class.

Jota returned for me last year
Old 9 Jun 2015, 15:58 (Ref:3546545)   #12
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Slow zone speed increased to 80km/h and amount of zone areas nearly doubled:

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/r...r-24h-le-mans/
Old 9 Jun 2015, 16:07 (Ref:3546551)   #13
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was wondering how I messed that up, but it turns out when you click the link on the WEC homepage that is the schedule they give you.
http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/program..._2_2_1736.html

or

http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...ons.pdf#page=6
Old 9 Jun 2015, 16:30 (Ref:3546558)   #14
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Bet365 usually offer odds on all 4 classes a few days before the race, their odds last year were VERY generous in the GT classes
Old 9 Jun 2015, 23:22 (Ref:3546690)   #15
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
With this be the main thread to discuss practice/qualifying/race?
Old 9 Jun 2015, 23:46 (Ref:3546696)   #16
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Betting Odds as of now:
Why such difference between the inter team Nissans...?

Anyway I have huge loads of content and previews to swim through ahead of free practice, after until today stupidly trying to hope RLM to pull off those test day podcasts I didn't get to listen live. Well still nothing there, of course, so I finally 'spoiled' the hell out of everything, and am quickly trying to advance forward with catching up.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 03:11 (Ref:3546725)   #17
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Yes, correct schedules are available and I will update the first post one I am back to a desk. I just think it is funny the WEC has such an issue with their marquee event.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 08:08 (Ref:3546767)   #18
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Toyota & Audi can stick with Porsche into Sunday morning then we may see a very different race if the thing that shall not be named is correct.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 08:26 (Ref:3546772)   #19
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Betting Odds as of now:

Car No 21 Nissan Motorsports
Car No 22 Nissan Motorsports
Car No 23 Nissan Motorsports
Car No 12 Rebellion Racing
Car No 13 Rebellion Racing

I think these will change quite a lot after tomorrow...
I would have thought that Rebellion would offer a better chance of winning than Nissan based on test day, plus Le Mans experience, but then what do the bookies really know about LeMans.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 09:59 (Ref:3546789)   #20
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Why such difference between the inter team Nissans...?
I would guess because someone's already put some money down. It's not a big market, so it would probably only take a few flutters to skew the odds.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 12:37 (Ref:3546858)   #21
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right.

I noticed Monteverde isn't on the Legends race entry list with his usual pretty Ferrari 250 LM (one of the very few cars (besides for-this-year GT40s obviously) I visually like in the grid)), what's happened with that? Bit of a shame. We would have needed some Ferrari vs Ford, I think there is only one Ferrari in the entry list and that is 275 GTB

Also as I said on the TV thread, it would possibly appear that the AMR support race is being broadcasted after all, on Eurosport Player, as it is being listed on there... that's a real surprise

Could also be on Sat feeds then. Not on Motors TV though as Porsches were last year and Ferrari Challenge had also been

Last edited by Deleted; 10 Jun 2015 at 12:44.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 13:01 (Ref:3546869)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
On track action begins shortly and I've got to work. I have a feeling I'm going to be very rude during my meeting by constantly checking my phone for updates!
Old 10 Jun 2015, 13:12 (Ref:3546875)   #23
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Ant has concerns about the slow zones, because there is no process of gradual slow down. Officials said to him they have no plans to issue penalties for infringement. I guess good to know that beforehand

http://www.motorsport.com/lemans/new...cerns-davidson
Old 10 Jun 2015, 13:18 (Ref:3546878)   #24
Deleted
Veteran

I recall how in particular the pro AF Corses were driving like maniacs to those slow zones last year with no sense of slowdowns.

Just like with violating the extended runoffs, why should you play nice when there is absolutely zero punishment and the officials are afraid to do anything? Go for it...
Old 10 Jun 2015, 13:59 (Ref:3546888)   #25
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Live timing: http://live.fiawec.com/