Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2015, 11:46 (Ref:3551111)   #26
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Brilliant, i like the return to the closest weekend to the summer solstice just like it should be. Planning already
Old 16 Jun 2015, 11:51 (Ref:3551112)   #27
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Brilliant, i like the return to the closest weekend to the summer solstice just like it should be. Planning already
Solstice does make a difference, especially as our mild takeaway from this year was potentially looking to eat later on the Saturday could work well and win us some time to do more around the track - and having those extra few minutes of daylight will definitely help.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 11:53 (Ref:3551113)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As the thread starter, I guess I should say that I suppose I might as well go back....

If 2016 can be half as good as 2015, I'll be happy
Old 16 Jun 2015, 13:14 (Ref:3551148)   #29
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Just thought, does that bugger about with your plans for 2016?
Nope, all advertising has been based on ACO not announcing the date yet, and we put in the FAQs that we will confirm once the ACO make their mind up. Is there an official notice of the date anywhere? All I find is their timing clock saying 367 days....
Old 16 Jun 2015, 16:14 (Ref:3551223)   #30
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This change is due to the dates of Euro 2016 of football, I assume.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 17:38 (Ref:3551246)   #31
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Good point, I had forgotton it was in France next year. Have a feeling then that the eurostar is going to cost more next year due to it, which would be annoying as its not that cheap anyway.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3551272)   #32
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I stay here so why not to make a detour around and in the circuit in 1 year?
Old 16 Jun 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3551354)   #33
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I think either way there is no avoiding the tournament as it runs through most of June. But instead of clashing with the opening weekend it now clashes with the final group games.

France play their third game on the Sunday evening after the race. It will certainly make things interesting. Hopefully there will be some good games on the Tuesday and Friday evenings.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...8_DOWNLOAD.pdf
Old 16 Jun 2015, 22:05 (Ref:3551364)   #34
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If everything goes as planned, I will certainly be there again in 2016
Old 17 Jun 2015, 05:10 (Ref:3551430)   #35
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
I will be there............
Hopefully togehter with a lot fellow ten-tenthers

Kenn
Old 17 Jun 2015, 07:37 (Ref:3551455)   #36
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there........ at some point!!!

Bac to the delights of teaching monday to friday so how I get there is going to be interesting again!
Old 18 Jun 2015, 10:50 (Ref:3551830)   #37
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
2016 Le Mans is planned in my agenda!
Old 18 Jun 2015, 15:37 (Ref:3551907)   #38
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I most certainly plan to be there
Old 18 Jun 2015, 21:03 (Ref:3551999)   #39
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Camping and grandstand all pre-booked the other day. I wonder whether we'll be sharing Le Mans with an influx of Spaniards next year if Alonso manages to secure himself a drive?
Old 19 Jun 2015, 14:16 (Ref:3552168)   #40
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I reckon I'll be there, what with it being the best week of the year and all that.
Old 19 Jun 2015, 16:53 (Ref:3552202)   #41
brownninja97
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
brownninja97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends on my financial situation then but if its anything as eventful as this years WEC then i sure as hell will be going there.
Old 19 Jun 2015, 17:32 (Ref:3552214)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownninja97 View Post
Depends on my financial situation then but if its anything as eventful as this years WEC then i sure as hell will be going there.
The costs can be kept down low if you plan and book early, plenty of cheap ways to do it
Old 22 Jun 2015, 04:45 (Ref:3552901)   #43
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
as always, can't imagine not going
Old 23 Jun 2015, 21:38 (Ref:3553459)   #44
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
We'll be there stronger then this year again. We 'only' had a camp of about twenty heads. Especially 'department Britain' was a bit on the weak side this year with only four die hards.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 15:33 (Ref:3553629)   #45
tdm74
Rookie

United States
wherever I lay my phone is my home
tdm74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
In the weeks leading up to Le Mans, I was worried that I was expecting it to be so good that it wouldn't live up to expectations...

Well it exceeded my expectations and I hope to be back next year!!
I agree completely with you Alex, as I did not expect it to exceed my expectations so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
If everything goes as planned, I will certainly be there again in 2016
I might have to do some training this year so I could "potentially" go on the run next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
I will be there............
Hopefully togehter with a lot fellow ten-tenthers

Kenn
I'm certainly hoping that I will be able to be part of the camp next year, I should know in the next few weeks.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 19:56 (Ref:3553695)   #46
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
We'll be there stronger then this year again. We 'only' had a camp of about twenty heads. Especially 'department Britain' was a bit on the weak side this year with only four die hards.
We had our biggest year ever with 47 people.... lets see how many we have in 2016
Old 25 Jun 2015, 21:25 (Ref:3553953)   #47
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all set and ready to go ... just need some tickets
Old 25 Jun 2015, 21:37 (Ref:3553958)   #48
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
We had our biggest year ever with 47 people.... lets see how many we have in 2016
We hit over 40 last year and I have to say, this year for me was a lot more relaxed. It gave me more time to spend catching up with everyone then last year when I felt I had to spread myself too thin over the long weekend.
Old 26 Jun 2015, 11:42 (Ref:3554049)   #49
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
We hit over 40 last year and I have to say, this year for me was a lot more relaxed. It gave me more time to spend catching up with everyone then last year when I felt I had to spread myself too thin over the long weekend.
I know what you mean it was trying to round up latecomers and stragglers that stopped me coming to the TT meeting - which is a shame as that is something I wanted to do.
Old 26 Jun 2015, 23:32 (Ref:3554163)   #50
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
This hassle is why I limit my gang to 3 cars, so 3 to 5 people in general. Nice and easy, and I don't have to play kindergarten teacher for 30+ people. Not even speaking of organising 30+ tickets, and getting the money for 30+ tickets, which is a small fortune!