Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Oct 2019, 10:31 (Ref:3932247)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Confused Regarding ACO Membership

OK people, I need some help.

With just 12 days to go to members ticketing opening, I think we're in a bit of a pickle. I'm an ACO member - have been for 22 years. Several of the members of Team DoT (5 of us, I believe) wish to regroup in our old favourite Durand grandstand (T17) next year. But between us at the moment, we have only two memberships (ACO Racing Auto). Not a problem we thought. My son's girlfriend Lauren, who made her LM debut this year is quite happy to join the ACO, but never has the process seemed more complicated and frustrating.

The only membership open to Lauren was the €60 option (although at the time I was still seeing the €109 ACO Racing Auto option) so she went ahead and bought this. In fact, the ACO charged her twice and after some toing and froing have now credited her the extra €60. She can log in but do nothing else. There is no mention of a membership number. In fact, when I log in now under my membership, I see virtually no information other than my personal information and I can't access anything other than the €60 membership option.

As I'm led to believe, however, the €60 membership does not allow the member to buy seats in T17 or T18. But is that correct? Lauren has been emailing the ACO and although they replied initially about the overpayment, her last 5 emails have gone unanswered. I've now emailed twice as well, and other than automatically generated acknowledgments, I've had no reply either (which puzzles me as - in the last few years at least - they've been quick to reply and help me).

So, 12 days to go to ticketing opening -

a) Can we buy grandstand seats in T17 with the €60 membership
b) If not, how the heck do we upgrade when that is the only option being offered?
c) How do we get the ACO to read emails and respond?

I was thinking particularly of Eric and Christopher whether you have anyone specifically in the club office who can be guaranteed to extract their digit over this? Otherwise our group are going to end up sitting apart in different grandstands for the race.....
Old 6 Oct 2019, 10:55 (Ref:3932254)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes it is confusing all the changes, i understand there is no euro 109 option for new members just available to those renewing the old membership. However i thought you could buy more than 2 grandstand tickets under the old membership but only 2 were at the discounted rate.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3932259)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, that's a different take on it Simon. If only the ACO would actually respond to the questions, we'd know for sure. I just don't want to get caught out when ticketing opens on the 18th...
Old 6 Oct 2019, 17:40 (Ref:3932298)   #4
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I also bought the 60 Euro option not realising it wasn't the full thing.

After a bit of email back-and-forth I was upgraded to the full Racing Auto 109 Euro option. I was not a member at this time so the 109E option is available to everyone. I did get some conflicting comments from different people -the existence of the 109E Racing Auto option was initially denied until I sent a screenshot of it for sale on the ticketing webpage.

The 60E option seems to be the only one available at https://www.lemans.org/. There is no way to buy the supposed "upgrades" to that base option and the information about what it offers is very limited.

However, the Racing Auto options are available at https://ticket.lemans.org/. [Edit: at least it was; that site is now timing out for me so I can't confirm]
Old 6 Oct 2019, 20:54 (Ref:3932324)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, the link is timing out for me as well. I think it's dead.

Another member of the group reckons that the €60 option (which is the only option right now) should be good for getting members GS seats, but we'll need to add on the €15 for the various members' accesses and €40 for the pack, if we want it, as and when (or if and when) those bolt-ons become available....
Old 7 Oct 2019, 08:42 (Ref:3932413)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm delighted to say that the ACO have replied this morning saying there is no problem purchasing T17/T18 seats with a €60 membership. Lauren now has her membership number too, so we're good to go!
Old 8 Oct 2019, 00:27 (Ref:3932570)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Woo I’m glad that has worked out.

Seems the style of the ACO hasn’t changed!
Old 9 Oct 2019, 06:02 (Ref:3932845)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As it happens I've been trying to log in to the ACO members area but forgot my password. Five days later I've still had no reply to my renewal request.

Was thinking of buying a T17 ticket. But will probably miss out.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3932971)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I had success by addressing my emails to Hélène at the Club ACO address Peter....
Old 12 Oct 2019, 16:17 (Ref:3933514)   #10
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm delighted to say that the ACO have replied this morning saying there is no problem purchasing T17/T18 seats with a €60 membership. Lauren now has her membership number too, so we're good to go!
Happy for you Andrew. Have been missing the forum for some time. Other wise I could call them on monday. Probably easier from Le Mans to get some information..........though!!!!!
Old 14 Oct 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3934419)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Get ready tickets on sale tomorrow for members
Old 15 Oct 2019, 07:13 (Ref:3934570)   #12
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Get ready tickets on sale tomorrow for members
Anyone know what time tickets go on sale today?
Old 15 Oct 2019, 07:34 (Ref:3934574)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think the aco site is already open but not had the email with the form yet
Old 15 Oct 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3934580)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just tried the ACO site and not open yet
Old 15 Oct 2019, 08:26 (Ref:3934585)   #15
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've had no mail regarding opening ticketsale for members, usually they provide a mail. I understood tickets go on sale thursday? Am I correct? if not, when does it start?
Old 15 Oct 2019, 09:00 (Ref:3934592)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Ticketsw on sale from today for members, i have had nothing from the ACO but Catherine at the tourist office sent form this morning which was filled in and returned ASAP. ACO web site is open for bookings direct, good luck.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3934621)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I've logged in and got to the landing page with the ticket icons but I can't get past that. Hey ho. Who is Catherine?
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3934626)   #18
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Catherine is our ticket angel at the Le Mans Tourist Office
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:09 (Ref:3934631)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
How does one contact her?
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:10 (Ref:3934633)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
She replaced Nadine who was our previous ticket angel
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:13 (Ref:3934636)   #21
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well I've logged in and got to the landing page with the ticket icons but I can't get past that. Hey ho. Who is Catherine?
You can also call the the ACO ticket office direct. They are closed for lunch at the moment (), but the lines open again at 1pm UK time. The number is 0033243408000 and if you're not in the mood to impress them with your French, they all speak very good Eeengleesh.

Good luck!
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:28 (Ref:3934642)   #22
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
How does one contact her?
Fill in attached order form and send it to
catherine.boutier@lemans-tourisme.fr
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tarifs+BDC 24H-2020-GB.pdf (2.61 MB, 4 views)
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3934644)   #23
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Love my life, just got back from the USA where I visited a NSX event and the first thing I did when I got home is bying tickets for the 24. Got what I want,T17, Epinettes.
Happy, it took a while before I got logged in.

Thanks TT for all the actual info, there was no email from ACO regarding ticketsale.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 12:20 (Ref:3934656)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Fill in attached order form and send it to
catherine.boutier@lemans-tourisme.fr
Done, thank you.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 12:26 (Ref:3934659)   #25
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
...there was no email from ACO regarding ticketsale.
Yep, a fairly shocking oversight, especially in a year when they need to do more to promote ticket sales than ever before.

And I have another gripe which has seriously put my nose out of joint. I (and Ayse in our group) have been loyal ACO members for many, many years, renewing annually. We have spent a small fortune with the ACO over the years (and regret not a single centime of it, mind you). In order to get the number of T17 seats we needed for our group, a third membership was necessary, so Ayse's son's partner took out one of the new style 60 euro memberships (as documented in this thread). I see on the ticket website that anyone holding one of these new style memberships gets a massive 40% discount on the regular entry ticket price (for up to two tickets), whilst longstanding members who are on the old formula only receive the regular 25% member discount (allbeit on up to 6 tickets). Why??? How is it in any way fair that somebody with a 60 euro membership who has been a member for a matter of just weeks, gets a bigger discount than a member of 20+ years standing on the old style 105 euro formula? Makes my blood boil!!!