Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Oct 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3936442)   #1
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Michael Fassbender Road to Le Mans

I stumbled on this, by which I mean Youtube's algorithms sent it my way. Anyone paying attention?

https://youtu.be/lD-oeeYfGBo
Old 23 Oct 2019, 19:38 (Ref:3936446)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I spotted it but hadn't got round to watching it yet.
Old 23 Oct 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3936450)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just watched the first one. So I've not picked up on this - is there a plan to put him in a car at Le Mans?
Old 24 Oct 2019, 09:52 (Ref:3936537)   #4
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just watched the first one. So I've not picked up on this - is there a plan to put him in a car at Le Mans?

I would be thinking Porsche would have some type of plan to get him into a GT Am car. I too just watched the first episode and it appears the car he’s driving in Porsche Sports Cup Germany in some type of factory supported entry.

I enjoyed him being brutally frank about what happened out on track especially the opening scene. Would rather watch something like that then some polished PR piece where stuff like that is smoothed over.

Hope he makes it to LM.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 10:55 (Ref:3936544)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If it was good enough for McQueen and Newman to race sportscars, in real life as well as in the movies, it's good enough for Fassbender, I wish him well
Old 24 Oct 2019, 12:04 (Ref:3936555)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just watched episodes 1 and 2, actually very interesting and worth watching, i wish him luck and hope to watch the other episodes when they become available
Old 24 Oct 2019, 17:18 (Ref:3936598)   #7
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Few years back I watched a couple of Ferrari Challenge NA support races for Daytona 24 in which he took part, he wasn't too bad at all. He won't have Patrick Dempsey PR factor in France but still a celebrity that'll turn some heads
Old 24 Oct 2019, 17:44 (Ref:3936601)   #8
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Personally I find him to be the best of all the actors already mentioned. Would he not be a bigger star than Dempsey seeing as how he's in the Alien and X-Men movies???

Got the chance to meet him a few years ago when he was racing at COTA. He was friendly enough. Also a pleasant surprise that his super hot girlfriend was there as well.
Old 29 Oct 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3937500)   #9
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ep 3

https://youtu.be/o3d-PlxJ1gY
Old 6 Nov 2019, 09:45 (Ref:3938849)   #10
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So the fourth ep is out part of which sees him testing a Proton 991 RSR (not the latest mid engine version) around Adria and it appears he comes to grips with it better then the Cup Car.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3938904)   #11
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
So the fourth ep is out part of which sees him testing a Proton 991 RSR (not the latest mid engine version) around Adria and it appears he comes to grips with it better then the Cup Car.
RSR is easier to drive than a Cup car. Although the don't show his pace in it relative to anyone else. I've watched the episodes and think he's doing a great job -- hopefully he keeps digging and working at it.

-mike
Old 6 Nov 2019, 19:15 (Ref:3938917)   #12
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Michael who? I thought that Mr.Dempsey's GTE-Am achievements have convinced everyone that actors' calibre is not solid as it used to be once.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 22:16 (Ref:3938953)   #13
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Michael who? I thought that Mr.Dempsey's GTE-Am achievements have convinced everyone that actors' calibre is not solid as it used to be once.
What?

I think I've always agreed with every post you've written to this forum, until now
Old 8 Nov 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3939275)   #14
Mike E
Veteran

Ep 5. Spa

https://youtu.be/K7gMRbNOP7c
Old 9 Nov 2019, 08:20 (Ref:3939381)   #15
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Full playlist (all episodes so far):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...-EO27c4FBi3UAs

His two partial season the Ferrari Challene NA and this season in the German Club Sport series doesn't sound like enough experience for an Am entry yet.

So I think at this point the title of the series is just a title.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3939411)   #16
Deleted
Veteran

They should enter him for Daytona (don't they still allow 4-5 man crews or something ridiculous) and see if he can manage it in GT3 Porsche or whatever

Or some off season Creventic

Anyway I'm sure ACO will grant him entry regardless of what's achieved because he's too big of a name to miss. It's not like they care about their own driver categorizations anyway (waiver-Hedman in LMP1 etc). I guess the only way he wouldn't get in would be if he didn't pass the ACO simulator test for Le Mans, but from what I've heard that's pretty much impossible not to pass with flying colors
Old 9 Nov 2019, 11:35 (Ref:3939413)   #17
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
What?

I think I've always agreed with every post you've written to this forum, until now
Just direct comparison with McQueen in all aspects. He was absolutely on par with racing drivers of his generation when racing was a superbly dangerous hobby. Definitely had a charisma. Lots of people are dreaming of getting a green Mustang only because of a certain film and a certain actor. I don't know anybody who want to buy a car just because Dempsey is driving it in any video he was filmed.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 11:48 (Ref:3939417)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Just direct comparison with McQueen in all aspects. He was absolutely on par with racing drivers of his generation when racing was a superbly dangerous hobby. Definitely had a charisma. Lots of people are dreaming of getting a green Mustang only because of a certain film and a certain actor. I don't know anybody who want to buy a car just because Dempsey is driving it in any video he was filmed.
Perhaps that is true but in the time of Bullet the films of people (stars) racing cars was very limited and a the amount of actual racing you could see on TV/Film was pretty small. Now days you can watch anything anytime and it will never have the impact it once did. However we will see want effect the new Le mans 66 film has, sportscar racing could certainly do with a lift in popularity at the moment.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3939446)   #19
Deleted
Veteran

These Fassbender episodes are getting 500-700k views on Porsche's youtube while most of their other videos are just 10-50k. If you want a brand ambassador, having a celebrity is your best bet for visibility
Old 9 Nov 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3939465)   #20
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Perhaps that is true but in the time of Bullet the films of people (stars) racing cars was very limited and a the amount of actual racing you could see on TV/Film was pretty small. Now days you can watch anything anytime and it will never have the impact it once did. However we will see want effect the new Le mans 66 film has, sportscar racing could certainly do with a lift in popularity at the moment.
Off topic of the thread, but had to mention, saw this film the other day and thought it was phenomenal!
Old 9 Nov 2019, 21:41 (Ref:3939525)   #21
Deleted
Veteran

Maybe he'll merge with Dempsey-Proton to form Dempsey-Fassbender-Proton Competition. Or you have Dempsey-Proton WEC cars and Fassbender-Proton ELMS cars... Celebrity Extravaganza

He did visit their garage at LM last year too
Old 16 Nov 2019, 19:38 (Ref:3940966)   #22
Deleted
Veteran

Ep 6
https://youtu.be/WO-TG7Y9a5c

Have to catch this one soonish, the production value is pretty great
Old 16 Nov 2019, 22:05 (Ref:3940993)   #23
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Watched all of these this morning. He seems to put a lot of pressure on himself and then make silly mistakes, seemed like every weekend had an avoidable accident or stupid issue in the pits.

The improvement is marked though, whether part of that is down to editing or just having an awesomely talented team of coaches and engineers.
Old 17 Nov 2019, 10:12 (Ref:3941069)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
He is learning, some of the excuses he used were as good as the pros. lets see if he manages to get to le mans next year
Old 17 Nov 2019, 10:50 (Ref:3941075)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He is certainly competitive enough to care. He is slowly improving