Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Apr 2020, 19:11 (Ref:3972104)   #26
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
These have already been used in the ACO member outlets, I have a tall stack of them in a kitchen cupboard.

With a little too much time on my hands at the moment , I did have a look at the historical weather data for the equivalent week in September. The average high and low temperatures for September are just one degree lower than June, and last year the weather hit 29 degrees on one of the days during race week. Sun hats, shorts and sun cream will be needed for sure!🌞
I was in south western France that week and the weather was lovely. I climbed into the car on the Sunday morning to drive home to Normandy and at 6.00 am it was raining gently. By the time I reached Bordeaux I could barely see for fog and torrential rain. To be fair I can't remember what the weather was like in Pays de la Loire, but that weekend was summer's end
Old 21 Apr 2020, 19:23 (Ref:3972106)   #27
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Trouble is, it has to be boiled after each use.
No problem on the campsite, I will have more than one.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 21:02 (Ref:3972120)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
True enough....
Old 22 May 2020, 18:15 (Ref:3977766)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thinking of taking a face mask with you if the race happens in September?
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 22 May 2020, 19:09 (Ref:3977782)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
How many of those would we need for for a week, presumably several dozen each
Old 22 May 2020, 20:14 (Ref:3977794)   #31
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I keep seeing people making these masks out of t-shirt fabric with failing to understand it does little to protect you other than reminding yourself not to touch your face.
I will keep a good distance and wash my hands with soap or alcohol
Old 23 May 2020, 08:13 (Ref:3977841)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But they're not really intended to protect you, they're intended to protect others.... these non-medical grade ones, anyway....
Old 23 May 2020, 08:14 (Ref:3977842)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
How many of those would we need for for a week, presumably several dozen each
Just a couple, you can wash them.... they're not disposables... (not that I'm intending to buy one).
Old 23 May 2020, 08:20 (Ref:3977846)   #34
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But they're not really intended to protect you, they're intended to protect others.... these non-medical grade ones, anyway....
Not to take this too off topic, the fabric is not dense enough to catch all particles?
Old 23 May 2020, 13:44 (Ref:3977883)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
All particles? No, almost certainly not. But as I say, this is a largely cosmetic mask. Most of the masks I see people wearing aren't medical grade.
Old 23 May 2020, 14:11 (Ref:3977896)   #36
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In my line of work, I occasionally have to don the mask below. From experience, I can confirm it doesn't block all particles.

It's not about a 100% solution, it's about reducing risk. A face covering of cloth that reduces the amount of moisture being exhaled into the air will reduce the risk (even marginally).

Old 23 May 2020, 15:29 (Ref:3977907)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Exactly so.
Old 23 May 2020, 16:56 (Ref:3977913)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
But it will also catch particles in the air breathed out by other people and therefore increase the risk of you catching what ever they have
Old 23 May 2020, 20:01 (Ref:3977938)   #39
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's where the social distancing comes in. So you don't get close enough to breathe their particles before they fall on the floor.

These face coverings are all about being seen to do something. They're not much use, but they may make you more careful...

...or more careless. Who knows?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Jun 2020, 16:50 (Ref:3981383)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Here's something for Simon.....

https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/...7091.NL9AC.XYZ
Old 11 Jun 2020, 16:59 (Ref:3981385)   #41
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
They do slim fit and classic so i think i might need the classic, but rather expensive for just a t shirt.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 17:24 (Ref:3981396)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
They do slim fit and classic so i think i might need the classic, but rather expensive for just a t shirt.
It's not so bad for this kind of site and method of production. They have a lot of other Le Mans related shirts.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 17:36 (Ref:3981399)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
As i have quite often not left the house i have been wearing a lot of my old le mans t shirts recently
Old 11 Jun 2020, 19:44 (Ref:3981419)   #44
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans 24 Hours themed facemask

https://boutique.lemans.org/en/24h-d...orme-uns2.html
Old 11 Jun 2020, 19:45 (Ref:3981420)   #45
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I like that too
Old 11 Jun 2020, 20:09 (Ref:3981429)   #46
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Pretty sure i will not be wearing one of those unless i am forced to
Old 12 Jun 2020, 09:30 (Ref:3981488)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If you have to wear one, it's pretty good....
Old 12 Jun 2020, 09:35 (Ref:3981490)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I confess I'm quite tempted by this one.....
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 12 Jun 2020, 09:54 (Ref:3981497)   #49
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
I confess I'm quite tempted by this one.....
As an MX-5 NA owner, I am too!