Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Jan 2022, 21:39 (Ref:4095318)   #101
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1st Tickets came through with our camping ticket for Houx. Lovely stuff.

Just got back from a packed Monte Carlo Rally last week. First trip to France since the race last year. Felt good - really think it's time to embrace a new version of normality. Roll on June!
Old 14 Feb 2022, 11:33 (Ref:4098601)   #102
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, less than four months out. What's the mood?

Obviously we're only ever a new variant away from major issues, but in the UK it certainly feels like we've crossed the 'just crack on' threshold now. What about in France?
Old 14 Feb 2022, 14:46 (Ref:4098638)   #103
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Obviously we're only ever a new variant away from major issues, but in the UK it certainly feels like we've crossed the 'just crack on' threshold now. What about in France?
The daily number of cases is dramatically decreasing.
After some problems with unavailable personnel, the ticket office have sent the tickets by a DHL envelop I received last week.
Old 14 Feb 2022, 15:52 (Ref:4098656)   #104
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Same positive mood for June I've had all along

We have a long weekend break to France booked for mid March too
Old 15 Feb 2022, 08:22 (Ref:4098753)   #105
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, the feeling is now considerably more optimistic. As you say Rich, we seem to have reached the 'just crack on' point now. As I understand it, no testing of any kind is now required for us Brits to travel to France?
Old 15 Feb 2022, 11:06 (Ref:4098777)   #106
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As I understand it, no testing of any kind is now required for us Brits to travel to France?
Yeah I believe that is the case. I'm sure most Brits on here are boosted but I think it's definitely worth getting that done too - if they opt to use the TousAntiCovid app on the gates again I think it wants that third QR code to consider you fully vax'd.

Hopefully they won't feel the need to use that and we can go back to using all the regular circuit entrances.
Old 15 Feb 2022, 12:58 (Ref:4098814)   #107
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes, the feeling is now considerably more optimistic. As you say Rich, we seem to have reached the 'just crack on' point now. As I understand it, no testing of any kind is now required for us Brits to travel to France?
With the caveat that we have to be fully jabbed of course. Those not fully jabbed do need a valid reason to travel, plus a negative test.
Old 17 Feb 2022, 00:14 (Ref:4099020)   #108
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey guys....long time.

I'm all set. Got my race tickets last week or so. I have my flight on hold - gonna run it by the Mrs. She will be joining us this year and she's really looking forward to meeting you guys.

I need to book the hotel in Paris. And then follow up on what the COVID testing restrictions are for those of us in the States - I've gotten my shots and booster so just need to make sure I tick all the boxes.

I get to catch up with vincegail at Indy and the rest of you lot in June! Can't wait.
Old 17 Feb 2022, 09:52 (Ref:4099055)   #109
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looking forward to that Robert!
Old 17 Feb 2022, 10:46 (Ref:4099058)   #110
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well things looking good for a good number of us to be there in June, might even start a were are we all staying thread soon, so everyone knows were we will all be at the circuit.
Old 17 Feb 2022, 12:56 (Ref:4099067)   #111
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I just wish Peugeot had as much confidence about being there...
Old 20 Feb 2022, 14:09 (Ref:4099515)   #112
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
Hey guys....long time.

I'm all set. Got my race tickets last week or so. I have my flight on hold - gonna run it by the Mrs. She will be joining us this year and she's really looking forward to meeting you guys.

I need to book the hotel in Paris. And then follow up on what the COVID testing restrictions are for those of us in the States - I've gotten my shots and booster so just need to make sure I tick all the boxes.

I get to catch up with vincegail at Indy and the rest of you lot in June! Can't wait.
Great news Robert!! Looking forward to meeting you in june!!
Old 20 Feb 2022, 14:12 (Ref:4099516)   #113
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Situation is getting better and better here like all around the world I think!! First step for me the superbike french championship on march 26-27th and then 24h motorbikes in April. They will be the practice sessions before june!!
Old 20 Feb 2022, 18:50 (Ref:4099528)   #114
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone with the experience here of going to Le Mans from Germany?
I had great memories of being there in 2019 after planning it a lot while living in Argentina. Now I am closer, but I will probably not be holding a valid driver's license by that time of the year and I would need to travel from Cologne to Le Mans. Do you see that feasible? Or should I start thinking of 2023 instead?
Old 22 Feb 2022, 08:07 (Ref:4099712)   #115
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well let the train take the strain, the tram from the station to the track is very good and easy to use. Ok you will need to pack light but you can purchase camping stuff cheaply done there and if you link up with other on here you should be ok
Old 23 Feb 2022, 09:31 (Ref:4099846)   #116
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
Anyone with the experience here of going to Le Mans from Germany?
I had great memories of being there in 2019 after planning it a lot while living in Argentina. Now I am closer, but I will probably not be holding a valid driver's license by that time of the year and I would need to travel from Cologne to Le Mans. Do you see that feasible? Or should I start thinking of 2023 instead?
Hi.

If you want to camp with a group of Tentenths regulars, I still have a place with my group. We are placed at Houx and is app. 12 persons from around the world that meet up at Le Mans.
send me a pm if you want more info.

Kenn
Old 23 Feb 2022, 16:26 (Ref:4099905)   #117
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Some schedule info from the ACO.

Scrutineering back in Place de la République (with public). Pitwalk autograph session back on the Tuesday. Support races on the Friday again and, as yet, no information on the parade.

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/a...022-race-56050

Definitely still some details to be confirmed. Anyone know if that means they are keeping the circuit set up throughout the race days again?
Old 23 Feb 2022, 16:39 (Ref:4099907)   #118
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans week starting on friday June 3th, that's a surprise!
Old 23 Feb 2022, 17:10 (Ref:4099912)   #119
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sadly, seems there is no Parade anymore
The parade was organized through a association (classic automotive), maybe two cancellations side by side was too heavy for their finances ?... i hope see it again in 2023
Old 23 Feb 2022, 17:32 (Ref:4099916)   #120
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Booo to a 4pm start.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 17:51 (Ref:4099921)   #121
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:

Scrutineering back in Place de la République (with public). Pitwalk autograph session back on the Tuesday. Support races on the Friday again and, as yet, no information on the parade.

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/a...022-race-56050

Definitely still some details to be confirmed. Anyone know if that means they are keeping the circuit set up throughout the race days again?
They may open up the roads for the Monday and Tuesday, then leave it all closed from Wednesday morning till after the race.

We'll be in town for Scrutineering both days

doh! Just read this on the ACO website;-
Last year’s experiment having proved satisfactory, the full circuit will be open (and therefore the roads closed) from Wednesday 8 until after the race on Sunday 12. The new procedure has the backing of local authorities and communities who are conscious that the event contributes greatly to the local and regional economy.

See also;-
Dominique Le Mèner, chair of the Syndicat Mixte du Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans (the consortium of private and public bodies in charge of managing the track): "Thanks to the 24 Hours of Le Mans, La Sarthe is the centre of attention in June – giving us the chance to show the world what we have to offer. The Sarthe department holds a 50% share in the Syndicat Mixte, which invests heavily in the upkeep of the circuit to ensure that our race continues to merit its reputation as the world’s best. I am pleased to see scrutineering and the drivers’ parade back in the streets of Le Mans. Local people take great pride in their race and these events bring joy to many – as the sea of happy faces always proves."

Last edited by AstonGeoff; 23 Feb 2022 at 17:57.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 19:14 (Ref:4099926)   #122
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Booo to a 4pm start.

In 2007, the start was moved at 15:00 cause french legislative elections and after, they let it at 3pm, like Bike 24H.
But 16h It's the traditional time of start
Old 23 Feb 2022, 22:08 (Ref:4099948)   #123
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

Scrutineering back in Place de la République (with public).
That's great news. Vindicates my decision to travel over on the Thursday....
Old 24 Feb 2022, 13:31 (Ref:4100064)   #124
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Just had confirmation from 1st Tickets that they can sort my usual package - and touchingly they were very apologetic that prices had gone up and I owe them an additional £4 - which is probably achievable. So yes, I can add my name to the list of people going, although with the caveat that it'll probably be a bit of a flying visit.
Unimpressed by the 1600 start - I get it might be traditional but for me the Saturday afternoon / evening is often when the racing looks really good, and by contrast the Sunday of walking wounded and the party packing up doesn't quite have the same feel.
Old 24 Feb 2022, 15:10 (Ref:4100084)   #125
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I tend to agree Ian. I say that in the knowledge that I was probably one of those who moaned about 'tradition' being lost when the change was made to 3 pm, but the earlier start works well, IMO. In fact, I'd actually prefer 2 pm - a little less time as a nodding dog in the grandstand after staying up all night!