Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

View Poll Results: What really Winds you up Bigstylee
Rain 0 0%
Boring 3hour races with two cars and no real race 13 33.33%
Jobsworth little Hitler security 5 12.82%
Bernie 0 0%
Marshals who panic 6 15.38%
Spectators who don't look after their kids 9 23.08%
Clubs that don't even give you a spare ticket or free coffee in the morning 3 7.69%
Photographers 1 2.56%
The fact that you never ever win the raffle. 1 2.56%
Drivers 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 May 2002, 22:33 (Ref:294136)   #1
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Stuff U Hate (The whingebag thread)

Ok, Time to get it all off your chest. Time to have a vote for the stuff that goes wrong and winds you up more than anything else.....

Old 23 May 2002, 22:44 (Ref:294149)   #2
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Hmm, This one could run and run - I had to go for the nasty brats and pratish spectators though
Old 24 May 2002, 07:57 (Ref:294438)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Hmmm can I vote for them all? Except photographers and drivers. So far I have met 0 abusive/stupid/dangerous photographers and 1 rude driver. Not bad for the 60 odd event days I've managed to tuck under my belt in the last year and a half!
Old 24 May 2002, 08:35 (Ref:294474)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It's interesting to see that 'parents who don't look after their kids' is currently leading the poll! You should have added one more 'commentators who drive you potty'
Old 24 May 2002, 11:05 (Ref:294665)   #5
Flaggie
Racer

Flaggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if someone had added commentators who drive you potty, I'd have voted for it.... cause Barry Oliver, who does course commentary for Aussie V8 Supercars drives me absolutely up the wall....

But I'm one of the two who voted for the no free coffee and spare ticket.
Old 24 May 2002, 11:20 (Ref:294697)   #6
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Damn, you can only vote for one
no eurovision style polls then
my main gripe is with races that are'nt
rain is a multiplier in the ****ing me off equation
and you mean there are clubs that give you free coffee, now that really winds me up.....
Old 24 May 2002, 11:39 (Ref:294733)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
clubs that give you coffee AND free tickets?
Old 24 May 2002, 11:41 (Ref:294734)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Where are they???????????????
Old 24 May 2002, 11:42 (Ref:294735)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Actually, if you marshal the Goodwood Festival of Speed for Lord March, you get free champagne on the Sunday evening! Now that IS worth doing!
Old 24 May 2002, 12:14 (Ref:294781)   #10
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
A wee clarification before somebody jumps down me throat this weekend.

Of course I realise that there are clubs that give you coffee at the end of the day (and most welcome it is too)
But when I really NEED coffee (as Brands Hatch's inmates know) is first thing in the morning.

Now that would be novel.

Champagne - pppfffttt - nancy wee drink for the pretentious
Old 24 May 2002, 12:54 (Ref:294851)   #11
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being new I still have quite a few "things to experience" the only bad one (and it wasn't all that bad) was the new uniroyal challenge race, it was 4 hours long and not many cars. It has rained, but not much. I have won the raffle at two meetings I've been to. Not had problems with photogrphers, drivers or spectators and I tend to ignore the commentators so my first 2 months have been pretty good!
Old 24 May 2002, 12:55 (Ref:294855)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Blimey, you have done well! Some dodgy Observer hasn't bored you to sleep yet then?
Old 24 May 2002, 12:56 (Ref:294858)   #13
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Not yet but I am due to see you at Brands tomorrow, so that could all change!!
Old 24 May 2002, 12:58 (Ref:294864)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
"has shocked look on face" Me???
Old 24 May 2002, 12:59 (Ref:294866)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
The youth of today. No respect for their elders
Old 24 May 2002, 13:01 (Ref:294872)   #16
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
You know I don't mean it, I am looking forward to tomorrow, lots of single seaters, my favourites, will also be my last time in orange until mid august due to being too busy, I will miss it.
Old 24 May 2002, 13:32 (Ref:294933)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Ok, you are forgiven See you in the morning. I'll be in the Kentagon a little after 7.30am *yawn*
Old 24 May 2002, 13:56 (Ref:294974)   #18
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
I shall think of you all when I'm in Kirkistown
Old 26 May 2002, 18:55 (Ref:296820)   #19
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Just got home Because Gurston Down got rained off - can I change my vote.

Yesterday though, I saw one of the most incredible drives I've ever seen, Graheme Wight Jnr broke the Gurston Track record in practice, but he didn't just shave a hundredth off - he wiped a whole quater of a second off. Which is a hell of a chunk off a 27 second track.

For those who know Gurston, he seems to have done it by taking Hollow Bend flat in top and not lifting till the braking point for Carusel.

Full marks must also goto the Clarks of the course etc for calling the meeting off at the right time.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 02:30 (Ref:310265)   #20
Brewser
Rookie

Brewser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rain, Quit yer whinin. Try waiting 3 1/2 hours at +1 celcius while the clerks hope the driving downpour will melt the 4 inches of SNOW that fell overnight. Welcome to SPRING? raceing at Mosport.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 09:19 (Ref:310424)   #21
flaggie1
Racer

flaggie1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have voted three times now. I hope i haven't upset the figures. I would say marshalls who panic and rent a cop security. As for coffee in the morning i've managed to get it 4 free at most tracks.

"MEMBERSHIP HAS ITS PRIVELAGES"
Old 12 Jun 2002, 19:48 (Ref:311938)   #22
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being locked out of the carpark to get to the campsite at Brands, and having to sleep in the van, ok not a problem you may think. But when the van is parked on a slope, your three parts to the wind, you keep rolling off your bed, and to cap it all, when you try to open the back doors for a pee at some rediculous hour, you find you have backed up too far to the fence....now that ****** me off..
Apart from that, never flustered, blood* rain cold wet wind races with two cars that last 40 mins etc etc etc....oops.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 20:44 (Ref:311981)   #23
pitpopsie
Racer

United Kingdom
Indiana
pitpopsie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had to vote for brain dead parents who dont look after their kids. Its as if they dont realise they are at a race circuit where there are cars, mini busses, quads and other transport vehicles buzzing around the whole time! Parents may as well send their kids onto the m25!!

Would have voted for the Marshals who panic one but didnt want to be greedy. It is worrying though to think there are marshals out there who dont know exactly what they are doing when under pressure. xx
Old 13 Jun 2002, 09:58 (Ref:312378)   #24
N M Ramsden
Rookie

Wales
Portskewett, Monmouthshire
N M Ramsden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
B1ackcr0w.... Guess what my choice would be.

Marshals that don't wear orange, that are all from the same family, not very bright, panick and really annoy you by asking silly questions like, Quote "Doesn't my car look nice with the doors open".....

That could have been the most annoying day of my whole life so far !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13 Jun 2002, 12:28 (Ref:312569)   #25
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
"Marshals that don't wear orange". Which marshals are you referring to as I can think of one certain track where they would be mightily offended by that statement?