Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 9 May 2003, 09:50 (Ref:594324)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Jerez: Again Poggiali, again Rossi?

Poggiali currently looks as the "default" winner in 250cc. It is only the third race, but he is rookie in the category, and one wonder if he will be able to win the title "easilish".

Jerez is homeground for spanish raiders, and they usually have a good perfomance in this track. Will be Fonsi able to do something worthy at last? If he is not, I'm ready to discard him for the WDC. And Elias, is he recovered? Let's see.

I'm not convinced yet about dePuniet as a regular win contender. Porto and Rolfo are my other dark horses (perhaps outsiders to it).

In MotoGP, obviously the a priori winner hypothesis is Rossi. Can Ducati do it in Jerez? They have data about this track... But, on the other side, Jerez is not particularly good for high speed. Biaggi seems to be the other consistent rider, but somehow, I trust more in a Capirossi's win than Biaggi's over Rossi.

I don't even want to speak about 125cc. It is so open that a lot of people are likely to have a shot at it. But being it in Sapin, I'd go for Pedrosa, but, who knows?
Old 9 May 2003, 12:18 (Ref:594463)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ant west on a privateer bike will push "the podge" the whole way...... once he is 100% fit
Old 9 May 2003, 12:47 (Ref:594492)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MotoGP - Hard to look past Rossi, but after Gibernau's last performance and the Spanish crowd no doubt pushing him on, he will either win it or fall off trying. Biaggi should do well while IMO Yamaha may be able to step up at this track with Barros. I would say Checa, but he's just off the boil.

250s - Poggiali had ridden well in the two early events, but now that the championship is back 'home' in Europe, I think the others will now either be right on his heels or in front. Expect big performances from Elias and Nieto while the two Honda boys should finally come good.

125s - You never know who's going to win, but expect Pedrosa to be right at the front.