Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1320437)   #51
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The pace of the 2 Pescarolos is unbelievable: a gap of 6 sec with the other LMP1 cars which are very close together.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1320439)   #52
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i notice the Astons and the White Lightening Porsche are suitably ignoring the 3"55 and 4"08 rule !! Where as Corvette posted a 3"55.064, very clever
Old 5 Jun 2005, 12:23 (Ref:1320462)   #53
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would think the Audis are only a few seconds off their ultimate pace, considering the teams' experience with the car and track.

The hybrids, including Pescarolo should be able to go much quicker.

I would expect the Gainer Dome to be under 3.35 by the end of the day.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 15:08 (Ref:1320547)   #54
mikmx
Racer

Netherlands
rotterdam
mikmx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Spyker's pace is a surprise, The Jota Zytek disappoints and Vanina rules.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1320560)   #55
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmx
The Spyker's pace is a surprise, The Jota Zytek disappoints and Vanina rules.
IMO it's difficult to judge because it depends on the amount of laps the teams have done.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1320561)   #56
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
3:32.468 #16 Pescarolo
Old 5 Jun 2005, 15:34 (Ref:1320566)   #57
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who is doing the most laps?

Has Loeb turned up yet?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1320588)   #58
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Hi there mates ! Back from the track (Loeb should be there at 6pm CET)...

I posted some pics there, but as my camera decided that it was time for vacation, the harvest is quite poor... just to wait for the big boys, who'll have some better stuff, for sure (regarding what Sender had with him this morning when he got into the paddock, and Bernard in a real good shape too...).

What I saw :
- Pescas are rockets... reminds me the best Audi/Bentley years... they're flying !
- Audis : the engine is not powerfull enough for the chassis ; I saw them at Mulsanne and Indianapolis this afternoon, they had difficulties to match... the Astons !
- the GT1s (AM and Vettes) are really pushing hard when the revs go up : almost unbeatable at the speed up... one of the Oreca pilots said that he achieved his best lat just because he got the draft of an AM in the Hunaudières !
- LMP2s : not ready again. The Lolas are fine, but the rest is gonna die on the track if nothing is done before the race
- drivers : there a real problem for me with paying drivers... I'm not against it, but some are really not matching the pace... they almost stop in some kinks...
- the professionnal drivers are really mad (in a good way !) ; really really fast, really really commited... and really really good guys too !
- GT2s : I loe the Spyker, but it's really slow. The rest are fine, even if the best Porkers will be difficult to beat again...
- Dunlop chicane : so many pilots spun there !
- rest of the track is quite fine, not too many mistakes ; the grip seems decent, although Arnage a bit tricky, and Tertre Rouge too
- to come : butchering of Tertre Rouge (sorry mates !) - the small gardens' owners had to sale to the Town and are now gone. The Tertre Rouge Café will be gone soon (last year, mates, go for it now !)
Old 5 Jun 2005, 16:31 (Ref:1320590)   #59
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we have some photos from the test day already up. More to come soon!

http://www.the-paddock.net/index.php...egory&catid=11
Old 5 Jun 2005, 16:34 (Ref:1320592)   #60
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
- Dunlop chicane : so many pilots spun there !
I see a lot have had trips into the gravel generally. Including an Aston, a Porsche, a 550 and a Corvette. Not all at Dunlop, but people are trying to find the limit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
- rest of the track is quite fine, not too many mistakes ; the grip seems decent, although Arnage a bit tricky, and Tertre Rouge too
The usual public road problems here I guess.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 16:41 (Ref:1320596)   #61
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
The usual public road problems here I guess.
AFAIK, not systematicaly : the Tertre Rouge part is strictly private, and used only for the race...

Arnage is an open road allright.

FYI : the tarmac is brand new between Mulsanne and Arnage.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 16:46 (Ref:1320599)   #62
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I meant more for Arnage. I think you are right about Tertre Rouge. I guess the only issue here is that it is only used a couple of times a year.

That is interesting about the tarmac between Mulsanne and Arnage. Has it made any difference to the track? Have the kerbs changed with it?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1320606)   #63
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge
we have some photos from the test day already up. More to come soon!

[pic]

http://www.the-paddock.net/index.php...egory&catid=11
Don't like the livery of the Intersport Lola.

Didn't know there's a "mountain price".
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:07 (Ref:1320610)   #64
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
RobertPrange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE

Yeah , it looks a little like hillclimb , doesnt it?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1320612)   #65
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
I meant more for Arnage. I think you are right about Tertre Rouge. I guess the only issue here is that it is only used a couple of times a year.
Yep, Tertre Rouge is very tricky, and usualy slippery - quite clean, though...

Quote:
That is interesting about the tarmac between Mulsanne and Arnage. Has it made any difference to the track? Have the kerbs changed with it?
A slight bump is now gone... it's probably faster than before (only a pilot could say)...

The Kerbs have been modified, but not only there... it changed in the Dunlop chicane too...
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1320613)   #66
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Now i get it, it took a while... Maybe the Chamberlain-Lola is the leader then?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1320616)   #67
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
... better than the white livery, though... they sticked the red dots yesterday afternoon... not a great move, I think... a slight effort would be welcome...

The car was quite discreet too today...
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1320619)   #68
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Too bad today wasn't "Pole Day"....

#16 Pescarolo's time today: 3:32.468

My Pick: #16 Pescarolo - 3:32.478

They'll be faster than that in 2 weeks....

So...will I at least get "Honorable Mention?" for picking the closest to the Test Day time???

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1320621)   #69
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Too bad today wasn't "Pole Day"....

#16 Pescarolo's time today: 3:32.468

My Pick: #16 Pescarolo - 3:32.478

They'll be faster than that in 2 weeks....

So...will I at least get "Honorable Mention?" for picking the closest to the Test Day time???
Impressive, I'd be unable to do that ! *applause*

What would you like as a reward ?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1320622)   #70
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Kling
Now i get it, it took a while... Maybe the Chamberlain-Lola is the leader then?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:21 (Ref:1320624)   #71
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair_Ryder
Well i notice the Astons and the White Lightening Porsche are suitably ignoring the 3"55 and 4"08 rule !! Where as Corvette posted a 3"55.064, very clever
Why clever? Are AM and WL risking to get extra restriction?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:22 (Ref:1320626)   #72
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While we're on the subject Ugly Cars (though the polka dots looks kinda funky...), i just saw the Larbre Ferrari over at the-paddock.net. What have they done? It looks hideous. Where is the stylish and classic look they had last year? Oh, well...
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1320640)   #73
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

session 2 pics are up at the-paddock

find the rest of them here
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1320643)   #74
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge
[IMG]session 2 pics are up at the-paddock
Great pics ! That's good to have a press pass, but it's not enough ! Those ones are really good !
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1320644)   #75
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why clever? Are AM and WL risking to get extra restriction?
Sorry I was refering to the tactics of Corvette team.

Would it really be wise for the ACO to penalise 8 cars for running under the 3"55 and 4"08 marks. If so, I could quite easily see a lot of the teams kicking up a fuss about it.

I just wish the TVR could perform well instead of lurking in the shadows of the 'other' purple TVR's. I suppose this tells us something about funding then!

Love the pics, not long now