Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 May 2007, 19:05 (Ref:1905236)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans Test Day

I've been asked if there is any possibility of camping at the circuit for the Test Day - anyone know?
Old 2 May 2007, 21:32 (Ref:1905394)   #2
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
blue area is usualy free for access and camping
I think rouge aswell
there's a inside area for parking, but I don't know if camping is allowed there

be aware that there'll probably be no loos or shower
Old 2 May 2007, 22:04 (Ref:1905408)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks a lot Bernard.
Old 4 May 2007, 10:00 (Ref:1906424)   #4
DanielFR
Rookie

France
Lyon - France
DanielFR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are some campings not so far from the circuit (near Arnage e.g.) and not expensive
Old 5 May 2007, 19:02 (Ref:1907248)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I'm going to be here at home listening to RLM..........
Old 8 May 2007, 16:37 (Ref:1909156)   #6
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Sounds like a plan, that!

One thing I'm a little unsure about, was recently pondering - do the reserve entries attend the test day?
Old 8 May 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1909243)   #7
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
...do the reserve entries attend the test day?
no they don't
and if a car withdraw after may 25, that'll be 54 only, no more reserves
see point 3.12 of the regulations
Old 8 May 2007, 18:50 (Ref:1909247)   #8
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't reserves used to run the test day when there was a longer break between the test and race?
Old 9 May 2007, 12:50 (Ref:1909858)   #9
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Test Day is being broadcast then? Deep joy if it is!
Old 9 May 2007, 13:35 (Ref:1909883)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
Didn't reserves used to run the test day when there was a longer break between the test and race?
I remember the days when the "pre Qualifing" was in May and although some teams had Guaranteed place others had to compete just to be allowed to be there on wednesday for qualifying. However I do think the ACO is right with is current system, the cost of shipping cars in twice would put off some teams on a budget and having the test days close to the race helps those teams that are not local. A change but not necessary a bad one.
Old 9 May 2007, 17:59 (Ref:1910034)   #11
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is nice to see that not all changes by the ACO are evil.
Old 10 May 2007, 12:38 (Ref:1910289)   #12
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Absolutely! But of course it took much prodding from the ALMS for it to happen.

It also allowed the ALMS to schedule races deep into May without conflict. (Utah this year, Mid O the last two)

Of course, the reason ACO gets so much flak about the bad decisions is because some of us think they're close to getting it right.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 10 May 2007, 15:49 (Ref:1910394)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr

Yes it is.

I'm sure my pal Paul Truswell won't mind me divulging that....

PS The story is done!!

I would have broadcast it in Cool Sites but it seems someone has taken away my posting privileges for that august sub-forum....... . Must be the wee........

Last edited by Aysedasi; 10 May 2007 at 15:54.
Old 10 May 2007, 19:37 (Ref:1910580)   #14
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
Yes.
It was last year too.
Old 10 May 2007, 20:15 (Ref:1910593)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hindy has already confirmed on www.radiolemans.com that they will broadcasting from Saturday 2nd June for full coverage of the test weekend. Sadly I wouldn't be listening as I will be at Croft with the BTCC.
Old 11 May 2007, 07:21 (Ref:1910826)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
Sadly I wouldn't be listening as I will be at Croft with the BTCC.

Well what kind of planning is that Rob...........?

PS Does Hindy still post here? I recall him being quite active last year (or was it 2005?)
Old 11 May 2007, 08:47 (Ref:1910893)   #17
sceptic
Veteran

Well I know that Hindy will also be at Croft on test day, so it's obviously not such a bad place to be.

Tom Chilton, of course, will be at both Croft and Le Mans that weekend...
Old 11 May 2007, 12:14 (Ref:1911016)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Busy boy!
Old 11 May 2007, 13:04 (Ref:1911067)   #19
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here's to hoping that they get the podcasts up quickly. In particular, I hope that some of Wednesday's qualifying gets up quickly, so I can grab it for my Wednesday night flight over...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 11 May 2007, 18:43 (Ref:1911269)   #20
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
Tom Chilton, of course, will be at both Croft and Le Mans that weekend...
That's what I thought too, but it says in this weeks Motorsport News that the ACO will let him his 10 laps during race weekend qualifying rather than on test day. I'm still not a 100% certain about this one.
Old 11 May 2007, 21:08 (Ref:1911323)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
That's what I thought too, but it says in this weeks Motorsport News that the ACO will let him his 10 laps during race weekend qualifying rather than on test day. I'm still not a 100% certain about this one.

I find that very surprising. He's not even French!
Old 11 May 2007, 21:33 (Ref:1911336)   #22
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Ture and Mr Loeb had to fly back from Turkey a few years back to get his laps in IIRC didn't they extend the session. If Tom has to do his laps on that day then it will be tight for him to get back to Croft, luckly for him racing is not allowed to start till 12pm on a Sunday at the North Yorkshire track.
Old 11 May 2007, 21:47 (Ref:1911343)   #23
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Ture and Mr Loeb had to fly back from Turkey a few years back to get his laps in IIRC didn't they extend the session. If Tom has to do his laps on that day then it will be tight for him to get back to Croft, luckly for him racing is not allowed to start till 12pm on a Sunday at the North Yorkshire track.
Actually it would be quite comfortably.
The time difference also works in his favour: He could have his ten laps done by about 8.45 UK time. In a small aircraft he can do the trip in less than two hours, and not only is he able to take off from Le Mans, but he can also land at Croft, so no travelling to airports.
Old 22 May 2007, 10:34 (Ref:1918651)   #24
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A peek at the long range weather forecast would seem to indicate favourable conditons for the Test Day. With so many new cars, fine weather will be vital for many of the teams to collect as much data as possible prior to race week. Good news (at the moment, anyway)!

15 Day Forecast
Old 22 May 2007, 16:20 (Ref:1918879)   #25
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
...fine weather will be vital for many of the teams ...
...and for many of the spectators too (I know, I know, I'm lucky to go )