Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 May 2007, 07:39 (Ref:1919310)   #26
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
...and for many of the spectators too (I know, I know, I'm lucky to go )
Retrospectively, it occurs to me that we are in fact both wrong, Bernard. As we are now well aware, until a certain revered member of the Ten Tenths Hall of Fame arrives in La Sarthe on the Friday of race week, the weather can, in fact, throw whatever it likes at those already present!
Old 23 May 2007, 07:48 (Ref:1919319)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very true......

But I certainly wouldn't wish inclement weather on those who are lucky enough either to get to the Test Day or to Le Mans earlier than me......
Old 23 May 2007, 15:42 (Ref:1919632)   #28
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
thanks! You get a drink for that
Old 23 May 2007, 17:16 (Ref:1919691)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Result!
Old 28 May 2007, 06:56 (Ref:1922539)   #30
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
4 days to wait

the paddock is building up (see lemans.org)

I just can't wait to be there !
Old 28 May 2007, 10:14 (Ref:1922638)   #31
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks a lot better than other (recent?) photos of the work on various parts of the track (and the new garages).

One thing confuses me. There is a photo of a Shell V-Power Diesel truck. I thought that Total was the fuel supplier? No doubt I missed something.
Old 28 May 2007, 10:23 (Ref:1922645)   #32
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
from 2006, Shell 's been the official supplier (see official posters)
can't remember before that (even if Mobil1 was a major sponsor for years)
Old 29 May 2007, 15:39 (Ref:1923878)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Bernard, can I assume you'll report for us on the new Tertre Rouge view when you get back at the weekend?
Old 29 May 2007, 15:53 (Ref:1923895)   #34
Anorak
Rookie

Anorak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently it's slightly shorter (21 metres), bringing the track length down to 13.629 km. Also it has a small amount of banking on it, so times through Tertre Rouge (and consequently down the first element of Mulsanne) will be quicker. How much? Three or four tenths. (Nothing compared to 12 month's worth of development).
Old 29 May 2007, 16:01 (Ref:1923900)   #35
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
of course I will !
with pictures and all the stuff
and also all the other places I'll try to pay a visit
Old 29 May 2007, 16:07 (Ref:1923904)   #36
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
the work was made mainly for safety
there's now tarmac behind the line so that cars too optimistic don't go directly into the gravel trap
and there's now a real wall with much tires in front

and for the happy few photographers allowed there, a real safety area providing new pictures opportunities
Old 29 May 2007, 16:46 (Ref:1923933)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b

and for the happy few photographers allowed there, a real safety area providing new pictures opportunities

Right.

I'll get you to book me a space there when you go next weekend.......
Old 29 May 2007, 16:52 (Ref:1923939)   #38
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
if only I could ...
Old 30 May 2007, 14:38 (Ref:1924686)   #39
spectre200
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedford, UK
spectre200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what those little wooden kiosks are for? They're right up against the fence, so I hope they're not for drinks and frites or they'll block the view.
Old 30 May 2007, 14:59 (Ref:1924696)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre200
Does anyone know what those little wooden kiosks are for? They're right up against the fence, so I hope they're not for drinks and frites or they'll block the view.
Do you mean the protection for the new trees or the marshals huts.
Old 30 May 2007, 17:23 (Ref:1924789)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
For the trees I think - the trees have been given special vantage-points this year.....
Old 31 May 2007, 12:01 (Ref:1925359)   #42
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if many Canadians will travel to France and le Mans to attend the race thanks to Jacques Villeneuve's presence this year...???
Old 31 May 2007, 13:06 (Ref:1925393)   #43
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
JV is just a bonus for me - the decision was taken when I was given this trip for my 40th birthday last summer.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 31 May 2007, 15:09 (Ref:1925472)   #44
spectre200
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedford, UK
spectre200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT6 - Tree-protectors, well spotted! Though I can imagine they might have a few people hanging off them during the race.
Old 31 May 2007, 18:17 (Ref:1925576)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I imagine there are a fair few Canadians there for most Le Mans. There are plenty of Le Mans visitors who travel great distances for this pilgrimage every year. Its not all French, Brits and other Europeans, for sure. I sat in the grandstand back in 03 next to the father of Chris McMurry (who was driving the Bucknum Pilbeam..... )
Old 1 Jun 2007, 09:21 (Ref:1926045)   #46
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
First pictures on http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=3684

Check out the livery of the PSI Corvette: http://www.endurance-info.com/2007_L...neeTest/07.jpg

Last edited by gwyllion; 1 Jun 2007 at 09:25.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 09:28 (Ref:1926051)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
This is what we need to see!! Thanks for the links.

Isn't it good to see a Corvette in a different colour from yellow!!
Old 1 Jun 2007, 10:30 (Ref:1926104)   #48
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion

You were faster than me I wanted to post the pics too
Old 1 Jun 2007, 10:57 (Ref:1926123)   #49
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Corvette looks great...who dropped a yellow bucket of paint on the BMS car??????????
Old 1 Jun 2007, 11:29 (Ref:1926158)   #50
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
That Corvette looks great...who dropped a yellow bucket of paint on the BMS car??????????
havnt you heard? its there new plan! half corvette and half aston martin

that psi corvette looks wonderful, hope adam sharpe is fast

Last edited by tux; 1 Jun 2007 at 11:32.