Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 May 2007, 18:56 (Ref:1910094)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The 2007 Le Mans 24 Hours 10/10th get together

There just over a month to go till the big race.

I thought I better get the old 10/10th annual get together thread going again, I take it we are going to be having one this year?

Shall we say 12 'o' clock in the same place as last year?

PS:- Mods any chance you can make this a sticky?
Old 9 May 2007, 19:18 (Ref:1910113)   #2
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
rob remember in theory all attractions will be an hour earlier than normal - support race, drivers parade up the straight, marching bands, errr...hawaiian tropic girls..
Old 9 May 2007, 19:20 (Ref:1910115)   #3
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be there for sure!

we may have to adjust time, though, as the start is 3pm, and no one should miss a thing (haven't seen the timetable yet)
Old 9 May 2007, 19:22 (Ref:1910126)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't worry I have just been looking at the timetable, I'm now thinking 11.30 might be a better time.
Old 9 May 2007, 19:24 (Ref:1910128)   #5
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
right, the legend race is supposed to end at 11.15
Old 9 May 2007, 19:25 (Ref:1910130)   #6
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
and remember: the sooner we meet, the cooler the wine shall be
Old 10 May 2007, 11:53 (Ref:1910254)   #7
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
and remember: the sooner we meet, the cooler the wine shall be
So 08:30, just before 'Warm Up'!
Old 10 May 2007, 16:01 (Ref:1910405)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think 11.30 is a good bet. I like to be glued to my seat in the grandstand for the start of the parade - even though I'm now far too elderly and infirm to worry too much about the Hawaiian Tropic girls..... (Now, if there are any blue-haired and spandex'ed Ultimate ladies, I could be persuaded to take an interest.......

Old 10 May 2007, 16:03 (Ref:1910406)   #9
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
So 08:30, just before 'Warm Up'!
This will make me get up very early !
11h30, I think it's a good compromise, isn't it ?
Old 10 May 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1910486)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
11.30 it is then, i'll try and find a map of village and mark on the meeting point so we don't a have a repeat of last year when we all played the game which tree is it !!!
Old 10 May 2007, 19:05 (Ref:1910557)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you should ensure that the exact address of the spot we are meeting at is recognised for GPS purposes - so I can bring my TomTom to find you......
Old 11 May 2007, 18:01 (Ref:1911249)   #12
porsche45
Racer

United States
porsche45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great idea... Google Earth the track, and it'll give you the coordinates as the cursor moves.
Old 11 May 2007, 18:37 (Ref:1911267)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Google Earth now there is a good idea. X mark's the spot for the meeting !!
Attached Thumbnails
10-10th-meeting.jpg  
Old 11 May 2007, 19:00 (Ref:1911280)   #14
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I think 11.30 is a good bet. I like to be glued to my seat in the grandstand for the start of the parade - even though I'm now far too elderly and infirm to worry too much about the Hawaiian Tropic girls..... (Now, if there are any blue-haired and spandex'ed Ultimate ladies, I could be persuaded to take an interest.......

Paging Mr. Fieldgate. Nice colours, just swap the logos...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 13 May 2007, 21:50 (Ref:1912642)   #15
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
This 'll be funny. It 'll be the first time I introduce myself with my forumname in the real world. I can't wait. I hope I get round to it as the event seems to be ever shorter and shorter to me... maybe a 48hrs of lemans? Surely the Audi's would last?
Old 14 May 2007, 07:17 (Ref:1912857)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
....maybe a 48hrs of lemans? Surely the Audi's would last?

Probably.

Old 14 May 2007, 18:56 (Ref:1913431)   #17
porsche45
Racer

United States
I don't believe my arse would, though>
Old 14 May 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1913500)   #18
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
Google Earth now there is a good idea. X mark's the spot for the meeting !!
I don't suppose you could expand on the location for this virgin to find you lot? I'm coming up from Beausejour (Speedchills) and would very much like to meet a few faces from the forum. Sad to say I already have my 10/10ths tee shirt so Im easily spotted and just as easily hidden from! Looking forward to popping my LeMans cherry this year, glad of any advice.
Old 14 May 2007, 23:48 (Ref:1913555)   #19
porsche45
Racer

United States
Here, Google Earth the track. find pit out, they're at that point.
Old 15 May 2007, 12:07 (Ref:1913865)   #20
100%hondafan
Racer

England
Northampton
100%hondafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
woo im going now going to be in karting nord and very drunk so i wont be so easy to spot proabbly sporting the i am the stig t-shirt
Old 15 May 2007, 13:43 (Ref:1913924)   #21
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry guys, won't be able to make the meet. Like many marshals, I will be out on my post, in my case poste 106 (between Arnage and Porsche).

BUT look out for the wheelchair during the week. I arrive Sunday night (yes I am keen!) and will be at scrutineering at Jacobin as well as at the circuit. Believe I'm not on duty during Wednesday so plan to use the grandstand over the pits for viewing.

So just look out for the wheelchair, and watch your toes!!!!!

"Legless!"
Old 15 May 2007, 13:46 (Ref:1913929)   #22
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche45
Here, Google Earth the track. find pit out, they're at that point.
Thanks for that! So much clearer now I have the orientation. See you there!
Old 15 May 2007, 16:39 (Ref:1914053)   #23
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will make my first visit to LM this year, might see if I can make the meet if I can, but I think I'm going to be trying to look around everywhere and get used to the place I'll be visiting every year from now on! So might be lost in some random hedge somewhere instead of saying 'ello to peeps from here! My group will be in the Pinzgauer again this year (gutted I couldn't go last year!), once again at Houx Annexe.
Old 15 May 2007, 17:15 (Ref:1914086)   #24
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Good thing you're finally going Bob! If the 10/10th meeting is too much of an expedition for you,come and visit our lot at Houx annexe then mate.
You'll recognise us by a very high flagpole bearing the dutch tricolor and a stars 'nd bars rebelflag.(and ofcourse my red GTfour will be parked closeby)
Old 16 May 2007, 10:21 (Ref:1914552)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant
Sorry guys, won't be able to make the meet. Like many marshals, I will be out on my post, in my case poste 106 (between Arnage and Porsche).
You lucky geezer ..... thats the only part of the track that ive never been too ..... so far !!!

Is it as exciting as it looks , like a drag race from Arnage ?

And the 2 chicanes ...... im in planning though .