Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 May 2007, 07:47 (Ref:1919318)   #51
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I certainly remember Greg - IIRC he left his plans very late indeed (despite travelling such a distance) and I thought he was being pretty optimistic about getting it all sorted in time - but he was right and I was wrong!
I was originally driving down last year, but decided later to fly and hire a car as we have done for a number of years now. I transferred my unwanted ferry crossing to him to get him on his way. Another Tenths member sorted him out with a camping pass. They were somewhat delayed, and arrived in the middle of the storm on the Wednesday evening. Pitching camp in those conditions was perhaps the ultimate Le Mans initiation!
Old 23 May 2007, 08:08 (Ref:1919333)   #52
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I met gre
Old 23 May 2007, 08:15 (Ref:1919343)   #53
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I was originally driving down last year, but decided later to fly and hire a car as we have done for a number of years now. I transferred my unwanted ferry crossing to him to get him on his way. Another Tenths member sorted him out with a camping pass. They were somewhat delayed, and arrived in the middle of the storm on the Wednesday evening. Pitching camp in those conditions was perhaps the ultimate Le Mans initiation!
Sorry about that pressed the wrong button.

Anyway I met Greg at the ferry port on wednesday morning last year, he had asked for assistance as he was travelling alone. I had a couple of PM's from him and he joined my little group travelling over to France, I am not sure he was South African but he was a real Le Mans enthusiast and although it was his first time he was really looking foward to the race. He was not in our campsite and had arranged to met with some TVR lads on the way down on wednesday so the last I saw of him was about 40 miles from the ferry port. I had arrange to meet him at the ten tenths met on saturday but I failed to make it.
Old 24 May 2007, 13:03 (Ref:1920276)   #54
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quick recap as i haven't got the time to read all the thread - is the location and time decided for the meet this year?
Thanks
Old 24 May 2007, 13:54 (Ref:1920301)   #55
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I believe we settled on 11:30 am?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....7&postcount=13 for the location
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 24 May 2007, 15:46 (Ref:1920363)   #56
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b

L to R : PascaLM, Nordic, AllonFS, Javi, Aysedasi, Ricardo (Javi's father), Liz, Fab, Dominique

oh, and BTW:

Fab, you have to come back (Take it as an order )

Sorry not me!

I remember KarlKling, I had arranged to sell him a camping pass for Expo, but when he turned up he was on foot so he did not need it and we sold it to someone else.

Instead my Brother pointed him in the direction of our little enclave on the Annexe and he stayed with us.

All his kit was in a suitcase and he had the smallest tent any of us had ever seen, more of a sleeping bag with a pole in it.
Old 24 May 2007, 17:12 (Ref:1920435)   #57
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
Sorry not me!......
I'm confused... don't know who he is, then
Old 24 May 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1920454)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm. I recognise him and definitely remember talking to him too..... I have this vague recollection that he might be one of the Scandinavian contingent?
Old 24 May 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1920477)   #59
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have a feeling it is Try Hard
Old 24 May 2007, 18:53 (Ref:1920514)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you've got it Rob - in fact I'm pretty sure of it. Well done

I was miles out with Scandinavia though. TH is from the UK! (But hasn't posted here since January).
Old 25 May 2007, 19:15 (Ref:1921211)   #61
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I confirm he is Try Hard.
Old 29 May 2007, 09:47 (Ref:1923577)   #62
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will try and be there this year, think am all sorted now for the trip over - couldn't name all the faces from last year though!
Old 29 May 2007, 15:26 (Ref:1923866)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
..... and you are?

Old 29 May 2007, 19:15 (Ref:1924050)   #64
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Air tickets are booked!

Next stop: Le Mans.

Well, Paris, really. I am actually meeting my sister and her boyfriend who are coming from the States, and possibly another mate who is coming from Portugal! I just have to coordinate the TGV/RER times.

Hopefully, we will leave Paris around 10:00 and be down at the track by 11:30!
Old 29 May 2007, 20:16 (Ref:1924096)   #65
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The meeting will be in the village, close to the Dunlop curve, near the tree, under the pin :

Last edited by PascaLM; 29 May 2007 at 20:20.
Old 29 May 2007, 20:18 (Ref:1924098)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Nice one Pascal.

I think we should all cut that out and stick it to our foreheads.......
Old 29 May 2007, 20:25 (Ref:1924104)   #67
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Thank you Ayse.
TT rookies, please notice the exit of the tunnel, at the top of the picture, that allows to come to the village from the grandstands area.
Old 29 May 2007, 20:29 (Ref:1924107)   #68
porsche45
Racer

United States
porsche45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Wait!!! That's a different tree!
Old 29 May 2007, 20:40 (Ref:1924119)   #69
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche45
Hey Wait!!! That's a different tree!
Well porsche45, if Rob and I show two different trees, which are close to each other by the way, the meeting place will be BETWEEN them.
Old 29 May 2007, 22:11 (Ref:1924215)   #70
porsche45
Racer

United States
Easy there, Pasca! Remember, it was my idea to Google earth the meeting place so people could find it. I can tell the trees are only several feet apart. I'll still be able to find it, but now I'm afraid to introduce myself.
Old 29 May 2007, 22:44 (Ref:1924237)   #71
porsche45
Racer

United States

Thanks, though for the tunnel tip.
Old 30 May 2007, 07:58 (Ref:1924409)   #72
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
..... and you are?

Cheers Ayse, look forward to seeing you again too

Two weeks today will be on way....
Old 30 May 2007, 09:52 (Ref:1924470)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good innit?
Old 30 May 2007, 16:13 (Ref:1924746)   #74
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Really,really good! We'll be there with a party of about 25 and dj4monie is travelling with us. I'll surely make an effort to meet up with you guys!
Old 30 May 2007, 17:21 (Ref:1924786)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Looking forward to it!