Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2007, 19:16 (Ref:1930559)   #26
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
That doesn't look good does, having said that it was mean to rain at Croft on Sunday and I ended up getting sun brunt !!!
Yes! But thats good ole Blighty aint it? Bloody Island aint we? Bloody weather does what it wants to dun it? Now France, thats a diffrent matter aint it? Bleedin rain, pah, dont care for it me! But you know what? I'm gonna bloody well enjoy it no matter what the weather bring aint I? You wanna know why? Cos I'm a bloody Brit in I? We Brits can do rain! Cos we got loads of it aint we?!

Bring it on!!!!!!!!

(Best Alf Garnett impression over)

I thank you!
Old 6 Jun 2007, 19:38 (Ref:1930581)   #27
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"La chaîne météo" shows contradictory informations with the site I gave you. We have still chances to have no rain for the race.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 22:07 (Ref:1930699)   #28
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by iucrmh
.....1995/2001.....
Ok, panic over, I think I've got this sussed. We can dispense with the weather forecasts from now on. By my reckoning, once we get back from this year's race, we can safely put the waterproofs and umbrellas away until 2113, right?

Old 6 Jun 2007, 22:09 (Ref:1930704)   #29
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The six year showers?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 7 Jun 2007, 08:24 (Ref:1931007)   #30
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I must admit I dont believe any forecasts more than a day or two ahead. Maybe thats why I pressed ahead and got drenched camping in the New Forest over Spring Bank holiday!
Old 7 Jun 2007, 09:23 (Ref:1931042)   #31
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Accuweather is predicting showers on Saturday/16th for the day, but partly cloudy for Sat. night/Sunday.

Hopefully, it won't be anything like LM 1980, '92, '95, or 2001. This is one instance where I'll say thanks for traction control(like it'll help much in a downpour or a flooded track) and good drivers.

But then again, I don't trust forcast that go out more than 36 hours.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 10:37 (Ref:1931088)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All a bunch of woffle guys......

Bring your sunhats and suncream.

{I've told you - we MUST be positive about this!!]
Old 11 Jun 2007, 15:59 (Ref:1934132)   #33
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well, Accuweather seems to have changed its mind a little -

They're now predicting Saturday as cloudy with some sunshine, 22 deg C, Saturday night RAIN , 10deg C, and then Sunday is back to 'nice' with cloudy/sunny spells and 22 deg C......

Old 11 Jun 2007, 16:12 (Ref:1934140)   #34
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Call me the devils advocate or something but I wouldn't mind a bit of rain. It always adds another dimension to a race. Just not as much rain as the nurburgring 24hr had
Old 11 Jun 2007, 16:17 (Ref:1934150)   #35
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Heat, humidity = Thunderstorms, could strike at anytime.
Old 11 Jun 2007, 18:01 (Ref:1934239)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
About 6 o'clock on Sunday evening would be fine for me.......
Old 11 Jun 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1934355)   #37
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
6pm Saturday would make interesting viewing for us sat at home, lol
Old 11 Jun 2007, 21:28 (Ref:1934421)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now then, why would I worry about the weather for you poor chaps and chapesses stuck at home?
Old 12 Jun 2007, 04:35 (Ref:1934643)   #39
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not looking all that good according to Weather.com

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...yLink_business

But, usually they aren't too accurate past a day or so. So let's all do the dry dance. Like now.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 07:48 (Ref:1934721)   #40
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just looked at the forcast's again and they are all over the place, from what I can work out at some point there will be rain and if we are lucky at somepoint there might be sunshine.....
Old 12 Jun 2007, 08:04 (Ref:1934738)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You guys just don't get the idea of this positive thought thing, do you.......
Old 12 Jun 2007, 08:30 (Ref:1934763)   #42
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London

Now, where did I put that brolly....?
Old 12 Jun 2007, 08:31 (Ref:1934767)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I could show you...........
Old 12 Jun 2007, 09:04 (Ref:1934802)   #44
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not bitter at all, but i hope it rains on all you lucky b*****ds at the event
plus, that would make the race more entertaining!
Old 12 Jun 2007, 09:35 (Ref:1934841)   #45
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm... looks like we'll have to think "dry" harder!
I refuse to pack anything non-sun, race or bbq related!
Old 12 Jun 2007, 09:48 (Ref:1934850)   #46
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi

Bring your sunhats and suncream.
Pre-Le Mans Checklist : -
  • Brolly ( large )
  • Weatherproof boots
  • Weatherproof trousers
  • Weatherproof jacket
  • Weatherproof hat
  • Gore-Tex socks
  • Complete change of clothes in car.....
....just like the old days, really !
Old 12 Jun 2007, 14:09 (Ref:1935080)   #47
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Just don;t play cricket?
The English Rain Dance...
Old 12 Jun 2007, 14:13 (Ref:1935084)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Bull
Pre-Le Mans Checklist : -
  • Brolly ( large )
  • Weatherproof boots
  • Weatherproof trousers
  • Weatherproof jacket
  • Weatherproof hat
  • Gore-Tex socks
  • Complete change of clothes in car.....
....just like the old days, really !

Nope, none of that for me. Except a change of clothes somewhere..... You'll be weighted down with unnecessary baggage mate......
Old 12 Jun 2007, 14:38 (Ref:1935105)   #49
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage
Hmmm... looks like we'll have to think "dry" harder!
I refuse to pack anything non-sun, race or bbq related!
I think they sell waterproofs in the Carrefour in case of need
Old 12 Jun 2007, 14:48 (Ref:1935114)   #50
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well , my brother is already set up in Houx with our 4 fridges and all the trimmings . He said that today is a little overcast with 2 showers of 15 min duration . Also that the weather is expected to improve towards the weekend ...... that beats any weatherman in my opinion !!!

He also said that its quite plesant .