Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jun 2007, 15:02 (Ref:1935133)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I go with your brother Badger - the best forecast I've seen on here so far!
Old 12 Jun 2007, 17:26 (Ref:1935250)   #52
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
well, it's now getting closer and closer, and the forecasts are supposedly more accurate

and they're not that good
for the practice sessions, it should be wet for the 2 days
see here http://www.lachainemeteo.com/index_d...num_ville=2742

for the race, saturday should be dry, but scattered showers could come for sunday
http://www.lachainemeteo.com/index_d...num_ville=2743
Old 12 Jun 2007, 17:46 (Ref:1935267)   #53
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I hate to think about wet qualifying , especially on Wednesday ..... I want to see Enge throwing a shape .

Showers for Sunday , doesnt bother me a bit ..... but I do want a dry Saturday .
Old 12 Jun 2007, 18:28 (Ref:1935318)   #54
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I prefer accuweather.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 12 Jun 2007, 19:29 (Ref:1935375)   #55
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
I prefer accuweather.
it appears to be more or less the same
http://www.accuweather.com/world-for...0MANS&metric=1
Old 12 Jun 2007, 21:37 (Ref:1935494)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I prefer Badger's brother......
Old 12 Jun 2007, 21:46 (Ref:1935501)   #57
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I prefer Badger's brother......
i bet you do
Old 12 Jun 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1935509)   #58
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
BBC are forecasting THUNDERSTORMS for Le Mans, Friday, then rain all day Saturday.

Hope that suncream is waterproof messieurs?
Old 12 Jun 2007, 23:32 (Ref:1935561)   #59
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems to be roughly the same all over, here's another quite detailed forcast.

http://www.weather-forecast.com/loca...forecast.shtml

Rain Saturday night should keep the crowds down a little and plenty of action on track.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 07:30 (Ref:1935691)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That summary appears to have changed already.....

As I read it:-

Wed night - showers
Thurs night - some clouds (no mention of the return ofg the rain earlier in the day - and quite chilly)
Fri - showers all day
Sat - Morning - sunny - afternoon and evening - cloudy - no mention of rain
Sun - cloudy in the morning and showers in the afternoon

If its changing that quickly you never know your luck....

And if it does rain, I blame you all for mentioning it.........
Old 13 Jun 2007, 07:48 (Ref:1935699)   #61
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
- and quite chilly

Better add : -
  • Thick pullover
Old 13 Jun 2007, 08:30 (Ref:1935717)   #62
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

I'm afraid that the people who were at LM in 1992 will recognise the same weather, maybe a little warmer.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 09:36 (Ref:1935767)   #63
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Shall we all agree we won't know until the day/s come?
Old 13 Jun 2007, 13:46 (Ref:1935948)   #64
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Brolly, and Sou'Wester too???

*shrugs*

Pack for a UK Bank Holiday.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 17:52 (Ref:1936125)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I still think you're all far too pessimistic and I have no intention of packing a brolly..... (and yes, I was there in 92, 95 and 01...... ).
Old 13 Jun 2007, 19:00 (Ref:1936206)   #66
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of spitting over half the track now according to RLM.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 19:55 (Ref:1936251)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Damn punk rock fans..........

Old 14 Jun 2007, 09:51 (Ref:1936718)   #68
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure if anyone wants to know this...but its currently raining outside my bedroom window...we're staying as always with a charming elderly french couple in their house just at the back of the exposition. and this mornings weather report in le maine had darkish clouds covering this area for the next few days. sorry ayse...

luckily the track avoided the huge downpour we met halfway between rouen and alencon, so bad we had to stop for five minutes. oh and one tip if you're driving down on that new road, keep an eagle eye out for the speed limit drops from 130 down to 90...
Old 14 Jun 2007, 13:27 (Ref:1936830)   #69
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Damn punk rock fans..........

don't blame it on us!
Old 14 Jun 2007, 14:02 (Ref:1936845)   #70
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
its pouring down.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 18:09 (Ref:1937013)   #71
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm in front of my computer doing post-prod and listening to Radio Lemans. The evening 7:30 session is on its way and it is apparantly raining cats and dogs at the circuit, one of the Peugots just about lost it going into the first chicane, and has then wisely decided to tiptoe around the rest of the way.

Before the session started, some teams were planning to go out and get more wet running data, tire trie-outs as it unfortunately looks like it will be a on and off weekend, especially the Sunday, and knowing what tires do what will be a big advantage if its a weird race.

btw, it was Villeneuve in the Pug (which RLM says is at least dry inside when JC just pulled in.

so there you go, a perhaps awkward weekend looming for both spectators and competitors (interesting, they're talking of how the a/c equipped cars may have an advantage for windscreen fogging-roadcars certainly benefit from it)

cheers
Old 15 Jun 2007, 15:13 (Ref:1937748)   #72
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope the weather in the UK is not heading south, flooded everywhere!
Old 15 Jun 2007, 20:46 (Ref:1937933)   #73
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The weather is still very unstable. Today over the Loire the sun gave way to many cumulonimbus which gave way to the sun, all day long. We cannot forecast precisely what will happen during the race.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 21:16 (Ref:1937953)   #74
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Today at the circuit it didn't rain as heavily as yesterday but it was sunny / reasonably heavy / splitting at times which is what they expect it to be like during the race too apparently.....