Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Nov 2000, 17:55 (Ref:49874)   #1
JuanF
Rookie

JuanF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hola a todos los hispanoparlantes, quise escribir este mail en español por que la F1 es europea y uno de los idiomas oficiales de Europa es el español, por lo tanto considero pertinente que una parte del foro se realice en español.

Ahora si a lo que vine, a decirles que como colombiano estoy a la expectativa de lo que haga Montoya el próximo año en la F1, obviamente que me gustarÃ*a que hiciera una actuación sobresaliente, creo que tiene con que, no solo experiencia sino la actitud, esa actitud que para algunos puede resultar fastidiosa pero que cuenta mucho a la hora de los resultados.

Definitivamente Montoya es una persona con un cierto carisma, provoca pasiones, a favor y en contra, afortunadamente para mi es a favor, generalmente se escucha hablar de él al comienzo de una temporada, en cualquier categorÃ*a como el novato que posiblemente hará algo, casi siempre los comentarios han estado cargados de incredulidad al comienzo de las temporadas, luego a mitad de la temporada se tiende a hablar de él como la gran revelación de la categorÃ*a, se comienzan a comparar las estadÃ*sticas con otros novatos y al final, cuando le ha ido bien (dirÃ*a que en más de un 80%), tienden a mirar cual serÃ*a el candidato para ocupar el segundo lugar después de Juan Pablo. Eso es algo que he visto en varias ocasiones y que espero que se repita.

Reciban un cordial saludo,

Elkin
Old 26 Nov 2000, 00:49 (Ref:49934)   #2
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JuanF, although we do indeed have a number of Spanish-speeking members, I must remind you that not all of us do have a thorough command of that language.
We have members from all over the world visiting these forums and the language we use is English.
I do however agree with you that Juan Pablo Montoya is a person with a certain charisma.
I understand you're a big fan of his and you believe that those who have some doubt about his abilities will be proven wrong as soon as the season is half way.
Well, I hope you're right but it's all up to Juan Pablo.
All we can do is wait and see.

Old 29 Nov 2000, 14:00 (Ref:50305)   #3
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bienvenue a le forum, Juanf, aqui es mejor que ponga los posts en inglés porque no hay muchos que dominen el espanol bien. Al fin alguien más de colombia, creÃ* que Sharky y yo serÃ*amos los únicos por mucho tiempo. En cuanto a montoya, no hay que decir nada, nosotros sabemos lo buen piloto que es. El otro ano va a ser grandioso, aunque no gane, con solo verlo ahi es suficiente. Now english. I see you´re also a new poster, so I must tell you this is a great forum, where everybody is very respectful, and is a place where you can say waht you want, in a good way off course. So good luck. oh by the way if you see TGF we are talking about michael shumacher. And are you at colombia, or you´re living on europe.
Old 29 Nov 2000, 20:12 (Ref:50346)   #4
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yahoo!! Another Montoya fan and even better....another Colombian member. Great!! Now we can send messages between JuanF, kuchi and myself in spanish using local words such as "parce" & "verraquera" which you guys don't understand and therefore make fun of you guys. Bwahahaha, Bwahahaha!!! (I remind everyone that's and evil laugh).

Well....don't worry about Juan....all his life has been about proving everybody wrong. And I'm not just talking CART or F3000. Remember back when he was 16 and tried to race in the newly formed "Formula Renault" series here in colombia but all the "senior" racers complained because they thought that it was crazy to let a kid that didn't even have a drivers licence to race in the top category overe here regardless of how many karting championships he had. But he proved everybody wrong when he got the pole and won the first race. As a note....he would go on to win 4 out of 8 races...I'm not sure but I would guess that he won the championship.

And that was the same story when he went to CART and I would bet everything I own and say that it will be the same story in F1. A lot of people in disbelief being prooven wrong.
Old 30 Nov 2000, 11:01 (Ref:50435)   #5
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hey, tenemos el altavista para traducir ése
Old 30 Nov 2000, 11:10 (Ref:50438)   #6
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

On the other hand:

One thing that Kuchi wrote got translated as:"The other anus is going to be huge."

Perhaps we don't want to know what they're saying...
Old 30 Nov 2000, 14:07 (Ref:50463)   #7
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He he he. The thing toth is that kuchi usually writes from a PC with english keyboard that doesn't have the "ñ" so...while ano=anus año=year.

Anyway......I've never trusted those computer translators....for example....although you could say that it's correct to say "Hey, tenemos el altavista para traducir ése" you should really say "Hey, tenemos altavista para traducirlo".
Old 1 Dec 2000, 22:15 (Ref:50725)   #8
JuanF
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Toth
On the other hand:

One thing that Kuchi wrote got translated as:"The other anus is going to be huge."

Perhaps we don't want to know what they're saying...
We just wanted to talk in Spanish, I liked to express all what I feel about Montoya and it is better in my native language.
Old 1 Dec 2000, 22:37 (Ref:50728)   #9
JuanF
Rookie

Translate

First sorry, but I don't write very well in English, I'm going to translate what I said in Spanish.

Hello everybody, I come to this forum like a Colombian, I expect a good performance of Montoya the next year in the F1, obviously I like that he will have a high performance, I believe he has what a winner need, not only expertise but attitude, that what some people could feel disgusting but at the end to win you need of it.

Montoya is a person with charism, he makes people to have pasion, in favor or against him, fortunately to me is in favor, currently you hear about him at the beginning of a season, in any "category", like the roky (novato) who maybe do something interesting, with a lot of doubs, at the middle of the season tend to hear about the revelation and begin to compare with past statistics of others rokies, and at the end, when he is lucky (more than 80%), reporters tend to search which could be the secod after Juan Pablo. I have seen that some times and I hope to repeat it next year.

Elkin

P.D. I like to give an aknowledged (reconocimiento) to Juan Pablo's father: Pablo, Juan couldn't be where he is without his help.
Old 2 Dec 2000, 01:53 (Ref:50761)   #10
Sharky
Veteran

Eso fresco hermano que aca no son rigoristas con que todo debe estar perfectamente escrito en ingles. Yo de por si cometo cuanlquier cantidad de errores porque soy muy malo pa teclear pero nunca nadie me ha dicho nada....y vea....ya llevo casi 6 meses y mas de 400 posts.

Ademas aca la gente es la verraquera. Ya los ira conociendo poco a poco y va a ver que la va a pasar chevere.

(the translation for the non spanish speaking people)

Don't worry man, over here they're not a bunch of "spelling freaks". I make a lot of mistakes myself because I'm a very bad typer and nobody has ever said anything to me...and look....I have almost 6 months and over 400 posts.

Besides the people over here are great (for those interested in learning....when something is "la verraquera" is because it's great!). You'll get to know them with time and you'll have a great time.
Old 5 Dec 2000, 23:44 (Ref:51276)   #11
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ola juan:

yo simplistico twitto de muy diario.

Old 6 Dec 2000, 03:08 (Ref:51299)   #12
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gang, I would like to remind you that this is an English Language forum. We have over 1400 members in this place and the vast majority of them are being left out of this conversation. I appreciate that you feel that you can express yourselves better in your native language, but in the interest of including all the members of the forum, I respectfully request that you continue your conversation in English.

I for one am greatly excited about the prospect of Montoya competing in F1 and I hope that he will be the one to unseat TGF from his lofty perch.
Old 6 Dec 2000, 15:06 (Ref:51355)   #13
JuanF
Rookie

A Button's joke

‘We did one lap together, which would have made a great picture, but he came into the pits next time around - I think he was scared!’ Button (http://www.dailyf1.com/en/news/2000/december/06c.shtml)
Old 6 Dec 2000, 17:57 (Ref:51378)   #14
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as as the language discussion goes, honestly who wants to hear a bunch of Krauts singing the praises of TGF "auf deutsch"?? Thats what I thought. Alles Klar!

BTW, Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 6 Dec 2000, 19:39 (Ref:51385)   #15
JuanF
Rookie

I just came to talk about Montoya

And my comment is I think he is getting confidence, in the third time he go out he got the second place, after Barichelo, he is progressing.

Pl Driver Team Time Laps
1. Barrichello Ferrari 1'34"670 30
2. Montoya Williams 1'34"810 45
3. Coulthard McLaren 1'34"850 45
4. Button Benetton 1'34"940 36
5. Irvine Jaguar 1'35"010 45
6. Schumacher R Williams 1'35"020 40
7. Heidfeld Sauber 1'35"290 39
8. Burti Jaguar 1'36"000 54
9. Raikkonen Sauber 1'36"000 42
10. Panis BAR 1'36"160 55
11. Gene Williams 1'36"290 19
12. Manning BAR 1'36"990 47
13. Wurz McLaren 1'37"520 28
14. de La Rosa Arrows 1'37"600 29
15. Zonta Jordan 1'38"680 33
16. Trulli Jordan 1'38"830 35
17. Fisichella Benetton 1'40"460 12
Unofficial Times
http://www.formula1.com

Old 6 Dec 2000, 21:38 (Ref:51395)   #16
Katherine
Rookie

Katherine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Um, no speako da lingo Espagnol!
Old 8 Dec 2000, 15:42 (Ref:51621)   #17
timo
Rookie

timo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Un poco de Espanol no hace mal a nadie no.
Hola amigos de habla hispana, Salut Ã* tous ce qui parlent
français, language it's no important in this.
El colombiano volante viene en Europa de nuevo, y
para todos los que lo han visto correr en USA sra un placer verlo en F1.
Sorry EERO juast a little in english.
Saludos a todos los pilotos y racefans sudaméricanos.

Old 12 Dec 2000, 20:02 (Ref:52141)   #18
JuanF
Rookie

I just came to talk about Montoya

Hello everybody, when I posted this topic I liked to express my believes about Juan Pablo Montoya, but I have received a lot of comments about the idiom them I think could be a space for which are F1 fans, read very well in English but can't write well in English. My intention isn't to disturb any member of this forum, if it happen I ask for apologize.

This is a good forum and I enjoy it a lot, thanks to all whiich have answered and thanks to EERO.

Hola a todos, cuando yo envié este mensaje deseaba expresar lo que creÃ*a acerca de Juan Pablo Montoya, pero he recibido comentarios acerca del idioma en que se habla y considero que podrÃ*a existir un espacio en este foro, que es muy bueno, para los fanáticos de la Fórmula 1, que leen bien en inglés pero no saben escribir en inglés. Mi intención no es la de molestar a ningún miembro de este foro, y si esto pasó pido disculpas por esto.

Gracias a todos los que han respondido en especial a EERO.

Elkin.
Old 13 Dec 2000, 22:13 (Ref:52306)   #19
Splatz
Rookie

Splatz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great topic JuanF. I agree with you about Montoya in F1.
Good luck wid de englihs

And Sharky I, remember when CART commentators would have the camera from Montoya's cockpit view for a lap or so. They seemed to get a real kick out of it. And no wonder, Montoya's blinding fast reactions and great car control were better to watch than the racing. I remember one time when Juan powerslided around a super-speedway bend with the throttle wide open according to the on screen telemetry. Totally awesome.

What ever happens in F1 in 2001, Juan is defintely one of the sharpest minds in racing and I think Schumacher will be out of his depth there.

Montoya 2001 champion
Old 16 Dec 2000, 22:44 (Ref:52860)   #20
WilliamsBMWF1
Rookie

WilliamsBMWF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juan Montoya

I just wanted to add my name to the growing list of Juan Pablo Montoya supporters.This guy is the best I have been watching him in CART and I watched him in f3000 also ,he has a racers edge no doubt.I remember watching Juan in f3000 in 98 at Ennna Pergusa (please excuse spelling) fighting Nick Heidfeld and not giving an inch in the battle and the two touching and rotating down the road with Juan emerging out ahead PURE CLASS.
Old 16 Dec 2000, 23:44 (Ref:52870)   #21
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Hello, Testing

This is serious, as I am trying to post something and have been unsuccesful.
Old 16 Dec 2000, 23:51 (Ref:52874)   #22
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Great, everything is working again. I fully understand someone wanting to post something in Spanish here. I don't undertsand a word in Spanish, and when my grandmother spoke to me, I would ask her "Avo, could you please speak English", and she would answer, "you speak Spanish!!" Not being the moderator, or having anything to do with Admin here, I can't advocate one way or the other. However, I would plead with Admin here to please allow these guys one thread in Spanish, so long as they promise not to say anything rude. This is, of course, after JPM wins his first GP.
Old 17 Dec 2000, 09:57 (Ref:52944)   #23
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When speaking of JPM I think go for it in Spanish.

EERO, it may be an English forum but some multicultural influence is good. Plus I have learnt what I always expected, JPM is a big anus! Or the by product of this orifice.
Old 18 Dec 2000, 01:46 (Ref:53114)   #24
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have no desire to inhibit the expression of anyone's opinion. However we do strike a delicate balance here between including as many people as possible and allowing for all of us to understand what is being said.
If you survey the list of the members of the Forum, you will see that people from all over the world post here. The one unwritten rule which allows us to meet on some sort of common ground is the agreement to use English in our discussions. The right that any member has at any time is to join ANY discussion. If we were to start threads in Urdu, Farsi, Tagalog, Finnish, Serbo-Croatian or Afrikaans, very few people would be able to take part in any of these discussions.
The point is, Moffat, that we do have a diversity of opinions from a wide range of places-requesting that the conversation take place in English is not limiting the Multi-cultural influence, as you would have it, it merely assures the widest range of participation.
Old 18 Dec 2000, 03:01 (Ref:53120)   #25
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The point is, Moffat, that we do have a diversity of opinions from a wide range of places-requesting that the conversation take place in English is not limiting the Multi-cultural influence, as you would have it, it merely assures the widest range of participation.

I seem to have hit a nerve, I realise the operating protocols for the forum were handed down as the 11th commandment, it was foolish of me to suggest otherwise . I am suitably chastised, and have been chaste for quite a while now.

Tags
jpm