Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jul 2023, 12:25 (Ref:4167891)   #576
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I posted in the F1 tv coverage thread, but copied here for the 'quiz' part of the question.

Which current F1 sponsor does this retail space belong to?
Bang & Olufsen? All that wood and brushed metal is very suggestive of them.
Old 11 Jul 2023, 12:37 (Ref:4167892)   #577
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Bang & Olufsen? All that wood and brushed metal is very suggestive of them.
No, not correct.
Old 11 Jul 2023, 12:38 (Ref:4167894)   #578
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I cheated and figured out the answer, but will let someone figure it out honestly. I did zoom in and see a Mercedes hidden in the background, but I don't think Mercedes is the answer. The real answer is interesting. Especially the path to sponsorship.

Richard
You're right, Mercedes is not the answer.

Although, there is a link between the (zero) sidepods on the Mercedes and the sponsor in question.
Old 11 Jul 2023, 18:57 (Ref:4167973)   #579
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You're right, Mercedes is not the answer.

Although, there is a link between the (zero) sidepods on the Mercedes and the sponsor in question.
Is it Rich Energy? The link being the Zero sidepods and the amopunt of product they've sold?

Old 12 Jul 2023, 08:26 (Ref:4168033)   #580
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The key is it's a current sponsor, so we can rule Rich Energy out. Could it be Gulf? The retro 68 number gives a clue to that
Old 12 Jul 2023, 09:12 (Ref:4168041)   #581
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The key is it's a current sponsor, so we can rule Rich Energy out. Could it be Gulf? The retro 68 number gives a clue to that
Not Gulf.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 11:06 (Ref:4168053)   #582
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
IWC, the watchmaker.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 11:16 (Ref:4168055)   #583
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
IWC, the watchmaker.
Yes.

For a quick 2min read:
https://www.iwc.com/it/en/articles/journal/racing-works-iw501019.html
Old 12 Jul 2023, 13:57 (Ref:4168089)   #584
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My "cheat" for figuring out it was IWC was to do a reverse image search via Google. Which showed it was an image from IWC of one of their flagship stores.

I get the IWC connection as premium watches probably significantly intersect with affluent F1 fans and the target audience for watches like that. I have a collection of watches, but don't have the level of disposable income for IWC watches (my collection focus is Japanese automatic divers)

What interested me about IWC is how the brand is on both the Mercedes and movie car for the fake "ApxGP" team. I created a new thread for the movie and talk about my curiosity around sponsorship as shown on the movie car/team.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158159

Richard
Old 12 Jul 2023, 14:04 (Ref:4168090)   #585
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
What interested me about IWC is how the brand is on both the Mercedes and movie car for the fake "ApxGP" team. I created a new thread for the movie and talk about my curiosity around sponsorship as shown on the movie car/team.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158159

Richard
Of course, there is even more of a link in that Mercedes prepared the cars being used for filming the ApxGP footage.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4168099)   #586
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Of course, there is even more of a link in that Mercedes prepared the cars being used for filming the ApxGP footage.
Right. I call that out a bit in the other thread. There seems to be three groupings of sponsors on the movie car. General F1 sponsors, Mercedes sponsors and a group that Apple (owner of movie) brought themselves.

Greem you are up for the next question!

Richard
Old 12 Jul 2023, 16:04 (Ref:4168122)   #587
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ah, right, OK. I shall have a think.
Old 14 Jul 2023, 10:30 (Ref:4168356)   #588
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Okie dokie, here we go - what do the following drivers have in common? Hint: there's more than one thing.

Tom Kristensen
Dario Franchitti
Sebastien Loeb
Valentino Rossi
Andre Lotterer
Al Unser Jr
Old 14 Jul 2023, 13:20 (Ref:4168366)   #589
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Okie dokie, here we go - what do the following drivers have in common? Hint: there's more than one thing.

Tom Kristensen
Dario Franchitti
Sebastien Loeb
Valentino Rossi
Andre Lotterer
Al Unser Jr
I was working a retirement angle, but I think Lotterer is still racing? Also, I was thinking most have been in bad accidents that resulted in broken bones? But too busy today to research. I think little Al in the list might be the key to figure out the linkage as he is a bit of an odd man out in that list.

Richard
Old 14 Jul 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4168367)   #590
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I was working a retirement angle, but I think Lotterer is still racing? Also, I was thinking most have been in bad accidents that resulted in broken bones? But too busy today to research. I think little Al in the list might be the key to figure out the linkage as he is a bit of an odd man out in that list.
Nope.

Loeb is still racing too, at least in rallycross.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 15:56 (Ref:4168507)   #591
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have they all won "the most" of their discliplines.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 16:23 (Ref:4168510)   #592
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
That may be the case Bob but it's not quite the link I'm looking for.
Old 16 Jul 2023, 06:50 (Ref:4168576)   #593
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
They have all tested F1 cars but not raced them?
Old 16 Jul 2023, 07:44 (Ref:4168578)   #594
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Can't be that, Lotterer raced in the 2014 Belgian Grand Prix.

That said I think they all did make Autosport's Top 50 drivers who didn't race in F1 in 2013
Old 16 Jul 2023, 09:18 (Ref:4168588)   #595
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
That (although Mr Griffin has worked out the source and pointed out the irregularity!) - and something else.

Half way there!
Old 16 Jul 2023, 11:44 (Ref:4168607)   #596
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
The irregularity being I forgot that Lotterer raced the Caterham/Lotus.
Old 16 Jul 2023, 22:22 (Ref:4168695)   #597
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The irregularity being I forgot that Lotterer raced the Caterham/Lotus.
Lol!
That's fair enough

Is it that they all raced at least once in top level sportscar racing
Old 17 Jul 2023, 07:32 (Ref:4168718)   #598
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Not that either!
Old 17 Jul 2023, 22:15 (Ref:4168830)   #599
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

They all tested F1 cars but only Lotterer raced one?
Old 18 Jul 2023, 14:56 (Ref:4168911)   #600
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
That, but also something else... Bob was on the right lines, but not quite what I intended.