Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Oct 2002, 07:39 (Ref:404512)   #251
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Need my morning lesson... am I assimilated here to a pink animal with a small queue
Ah ... languages, don't you love 'em!

Fab, this might be better phrased:

Am I being compared to a pink animal with a small (curly) tail.

But I just love your version!

FG

Last edited by FG1; 15 Oct 2002 at 07:39.
Old 15 Oct 2002, 08:12 (Ref:404537)   #252
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
Am I being compared to a pink animal with a small (curly) tail
again... the worst here is that I knew the right words... too lazy am I...

BTW, no connection with the thread !
Old 15 Oct 2002, 12:06 (Ref:404786)   #253
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
again... the worst here is that I knew the right words... too lazy am I...

BTW, no connection with the thread !
I just love the original and the translation, you two!

Just treat it as a term of endearment, Fab!
Old 15 Oct 2002, 15:28 (Ref:404959)   #254
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Just treat it as a term of endearment, Fab!
I took it like that !
Old 22 Oct 2002, 21:40 (Ref:410680)   #255
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now, a little bird is telling me that Motors TV on satellite is planning a "Le Mans Classic" show on Saturday night.

Has anyone got any word about this?
Old 23 Oct 2002, 05:36 (Ref:410918)   #256
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
Now, a little bird is telling me that Motors TV on satellite is planning a "Le Mans Classic" show on Saturday night.
A nasty little bird is telling me that we french are going to miss something again...
Old 23 Oct 2002, 08:31 (Ref:410990)   #257
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But Motors TV is a French station ! It would be great if there is some footage however I'll believe it when I see it

Mind you I can't get their website www.motorstv.com to tell me anything useful about their schedule but as I recall their programmes are on a loop that gets them repeated about ten times a week
Old 23 Oct 2002, 08:39 (Ref:410993)   #258
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very useful, that multi-repeat thing. Like when I got out for work, and forget to set the video for their 1977 Formula 1 season review.

Fab, surely you can get MoteurTV or know someone who has access to it? It's done by the same production teams as Eurosport, and the satellite I use has an option to switch to the French language commentary (which is easier to follow often than Carlton Kirby's appalling efforts).
Old 23 Oct 2002, 09:49 (Ref:411031)   #259
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre
But Motors TV is a French station !
I even didn't knew it !

I got by Eurosport (without journalists comments, it seems to be the images Eurosport sells to the countries' Eurosports Broadcasts) by chance, with a decoder a friend lent to me... but that's all I have...
Old 23 Oct 2002, 10:42 (Ref:411066)   #260
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
Do you have a clue which programme it could be ? Legend or Classic or a special not listed ?
Old 27 Oct 2002, 21:26 (Ref:414994)   #261
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm - who took the "sticky" off then? I haven't finished with this yet!

If anyone wants to see some more LM Classic pics, I've two more galleries up. Forum rules prevent me from posting the URL, but most of you know where my house is by now.
Old 7 Nov 2002, 17:35 (Ref:423981)   #262
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
I've stolen this from Roy Snook on the GT40 Forum :

Quote : The Le Mans Classic event is scheduled to be shown on Eurosport on 26/11/02 at 23.45 and repeated on 28/11/02 at 12.30 (believed French Time).
Also have confirmation that the event WILL run in 2004 - in either july or september-TBC - Unquote
Old 27 Nov 2002, 10:25 (Ref:437780)   #263
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just in case anyone is intrested, Eurosport showed the event last night, (I hope as I taped it and haven't checked it actullay was on).
It will be repeated thursday28/11
Old 27 Nov 2002, 16:33 (Ref:438033)   #264
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Taped it last night (20 minutes late, as per usual - thank you Eurosport).

What can I say? The first ten minutes of the show devoted to a not terribly well filmed review of the drinkies and canapes and the luvvies who went to be seen rather than bother watching the racing. About two minutes of night footage of actual racing, and all the usual Eurosport tricks of building you up for an interview with Bobby Rahal, and actually giving us Bob Garretson, commentator insisting that an Aston Martin DB3S was a Bobtail Cooper....

But apart from that, there were some good points. The onboard footage on the little French screamy thing was breathtaking, and more than a little scary. The D-Type in the sunset was nice. Lots of pretty pictures to reminisce over.

But as a record of the weekend, it was a shocker. Eurosport ought to do better, and the event surely deserved better.
Old 27 Nov 2002, 18:51 (Ref:438133)   #265
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
D-Type in the sunset was nice.
Which 'D', Tim?
Old 27 Nov 2002, 18:53 (Ref:438138)   #266
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
The recreation of XKD505. Win Percy at the helm.
Old 27 Nov 2002, 18:58 (Ref:438143)   #267
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I was wondering if the footage included any of "my" lot, i.e.

Neumark's 'D'
Griffiths' Lotus 11
Green's ( -box) Lister
Zapata's Ligier

??
Old 27 Nov 2002, 22:00 (Ref:438278)   #268
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Blast I forgot it was on, does anyone know if there is another repeat......
Old 29 Nov 2002, 08:56 (Ref:439240)   #269
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched it last night, as Tim says in part good but mostly a bit of a let down.
Ayse, I think there is a shot showing the retirement of the Green Lister, with some people hovering around it.
No 11 Lotus was as shown a couple of times.
Old 29 Nov 2002, 13:26 (Ref:439388)   #270
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic

Ayse, I think there is a shot showing the retirement of the Green Lister, with some people hovering around it.
Aha! In that case, was there a balding, slightly portly fellow "hovering" with his camera? If so..........
Old 2 Dec 2002, 16:55 (Ref:441233)   #271
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Zapata's Ligier
Aka "200 meters" ?
Old 2 Dec 2002, 16:56 (Ref:441235)   #272
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Aha! In that case, was there a balding, slightly portly fellow "hovering" with his camera? If so..........
Ayse, you really want to be a STAR ! I've got the pic, you were there for sure, for the ETERNITY recorded on TT forum (BTW, Stoffer too !)
Old 7 Dec 2002, 13:01 (Ref:445000)   #273
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
How about this one eh Fab? Courtesy of Stoffer.......
Attached Thumbnails
ayse and fab390.jpg  
Old 7 Dec 2002, 13:39 (Ref:445023)   #274
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the North Americans who get Speedvision, they're running this program over the weekend; I saw some of it last night but fell asleep on the sofa so will watch it again this evening at 6 pm. It's also on tomorrow afternoon.
Old 9 Dec 2002, 13:59 (Ref:446289)   #275
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...and I'm making a VCD of it. I've got the full hour, and I've marked out the commercial breaks - I just have to do the segment save and come up with some decent titles for each segment (and a menu screen, but that should be simple). I hope to have my first copy done tonight.

Anyone who wants a copy, just materials and shipping.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James