Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 13 Aug 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1681036)   #1
JWT
Rookie

JWT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geoff Goddard Tribute/Charity Calendar '07

I hope the moderators do not mind me plugging this on their forum, but felt that it was an appropriate place to announce a project I am currently working on.

It is perhaps best that I give you the full background to myself (although I have posted before, it was a while ago). I am 20 years of age and knew Geoff very well in the latter years of his life. I often, with my father, visited him and Betty and we always had great fun discussing his work and looking at his treasures etc. Geoff inspired me to take up photography and I completed my A-level at school (in which I got an A obtaining 107/110) using one of his old camera's and my school bought his old enlarger (I doubt the students there now know the history behind it, but every time I used it I enjoyed it that little bit more). My photography lead to a job offer from Sutton Images but I wanted to get a degree and do some racing before I settled down into the world of work. The degree and racing were both started (I won my first ever car race in Formula Ford and have been lucky enough to play with some great historic toys...for the record they are a hell of a lot more fun and challenging to drive than modern stuff!)

Unfortunately, I was then diagnosed with Leukaemia and over the last 18 months have spent great periods of time in hospital. Now (touch wood) after a bone marrow transplant I am on my way to recovery. When in hospital I was never inactive and set up a sponsorship scheme with my friend Sam Hancock to raise money for a charity that was providing me with a great amount of support: Teenage Cancer Trust. For Le Mans in '04 from my hospital room in UCH using a tapped in supply of internet from the PC World store opposite my window I raised over £20,000 for the charity and had the TCT logos and my name running on the Intersport Lola.

My latest project that ties in with the charity and pays tribute to my friend (Yes he was quite a few years older than me, but this only made the relationship more interesting from both sides!) Geoff Goddard. I am producing with the blessing of the GP Library a very exclusive run of 250 calendars containing 12 of Geoff's best black and white shots. I have to admit that there are so many shots that arent included that many would argue should be. However the task of choosing just 12 is monumental! Who knows if this year is a success we may have to do another one next year with 12 different shots! I am sure this process could go on for quite a few years given the quantity of quality that Geoff produced!

The calendars will be sized @ 32.5cm x 45cm and bound at the top with a spiral bind. The cover will be the colour image of Clark at Reims (same as Track Pass) with a mixture of Grand Prix and sportscar images inside.

Priced at £50 plus p&p the calendars are not the cheapest avaliable (then neither is a Rolex), but there will be a 25% donation to the Teenage Cancer Trust and with such a limited run, I hope that they will become quite collectable. (I think Geoff would have approved).

I wanted to offer the forum members the chance to reserve a copy of the calendar as I feel it important that they go to homes really apreciate the work! They will not be ready for a while yet, but will obviously be done and with you in time for Christmas. I am not taking money, but if you are interested please email me at geoffgoddardcalendar@hotmail.com expressing your interest and when I have a detailed document showing more details about the images in the calendar and order forms, I will email you back.

Due to the fact that I am not really a shop etc I will only be able to take payment when it comes to it via cheques and cash £GB

For more information on the charity please see:

https://www.teenagecancertrust.org/main/about/

Joe Twyman