Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Jan 2008, 01:24 (Ref:2115960)   #1
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Track at Mangrove Mtn ??

I remember reading about this years ago as a member on my Mazda website wrote this about his findings on a leasurely drive around Mangrove Mtn..

..this might be old but was wondering who out there has anymore info

Here is a link to the GPS location and the track looks great..

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=UT...17037&t=k&z=16

Here is his comment on his finding when he went on a drive in his new Mazda

OK i drove there this arvo and had a look. When i got there the 2 entry gates were both unlocked so i drove in to the compound where there is the track and a large dorm like complex including accom and also about a dozen pit garages - real nice setup. The track looked nice and smooth similar to Morgan Park. It is quite narrow though so passing would be difficult.

Anyway i could have even had a fang on the track as that gate was also unlocked but all the security stickers on the windows of the dorm house sort of talked me out of it I thought maybe there is a house on the other side of the track that i can't see so i could take quick little drive over but then i thought better of it.

So anyway i retreated and closed both gates on my way out. I went looking for a nearby farm house with somebody around so i could ask somebody about the place and luckily i saw a bloke in his shed up the top of the hill so i drove into his property to ask him about the track. Turns out a guy built it about 6 years ago with the aim of making it a commercial racetrack but couldn't get DA approval, coupled with a big residential uprising the commercial track dream was binned.

Wombata is correct, Dean Wills bought the track and now just uses it to fang his exotic cars and yes he apparently has a McLaren F1 car among over 20 very exotic cars!! It is also correct that the track cannot be used by anybody except him and his family so no chance of hiring it. He had to put up the speed indicator signs on the corners just for legal reasons - in case somebody got into the complex and thought they were on a public road. The speed indicator signs are way below what you would drive around that track in anger (eg: 35km/hr on a corner) - yer right.

All in all it's a no go spewing coz it's a great setup and a really nice looking track. Also in a really nice scenic area - Mangrove Mtn.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 02:14 (Ref:2115976)   #2
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah this was discussed on here a while ago. Is or was owned by the ex head of Coca Cola Amatil (is that the Dean Wills you mentioned?)
Old 29 Jan 2008, 02:56 (Ref:2115986)   #3
thetormentor
Racer

Australia
Central Coast NSW
thetormentor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95519
Old 29 Jan 2008, 03:19 (Ref:2115991)   #4
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks thetormentor as I should have searched first....

its such a waste....

Last edited by AussieV8; 29 Jan 2008 at 03:25.
Old 31 Jan 2008, 04:25 (Ref:2117494)   #5
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Finally the Mazda 2 Genki will come with an Aussie V8