Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 13 Mar 2009, 00:17 (Ref:2414632)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quandary Park

The Quandary being which version do you run from it's centrally located paddock.

The Short North Circuit with it's own pitlane ...
2.550 kms / 1.59 miles Clockwise with 10 corners.

The Long North Circuit from the Main Pitlane ...
2.978 kms / 1.86 miles Clockwise with 7 corners

The South Circuit from the Main pitlane ...
3.759 kms / 2.35 miles Anti-Clockwise with 11 corners

The Full Circuit from the main pitlane ...
6.544 kms / 4.09 miles a cross over circuit with 19 corners

I am in the process of doing this circuit in full graphics but as usual work gets in the way of pleasure.

As a Note
I think this is the first deisgn where I've managed to successfully include a clockwise and Anticlockwise circuit operating from the same pitlane without the need for a reverseable direction section of track.

Also the Short North and Southern circuits can be operated safely at the same time.

Comments, criticism and posible edits are welcomed as always.
Attached Thumbnails
Quandry North Short.jpg   Quandry North Long.jpg   Quandry Southern Loop.jpg  

Quandry Full.jpg  
Old 13 Mar 2009, 17:31 (Ref:2415026)   #2
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of possibilities, that's for sure. Until corner number 8, the track is good, especially turn 3-4-5. After that, it is a bit boring.
I wonder how you are going to sort out paddock access etc.
Old 14 Mar 2009, 02:55 (Ref:2415309)   #3
xlr8r
Racer

United States
Boston, Massachusetts
xlr8r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You seem to love figure eight designs lately. The track is alright imo. Too many constant radius corners
Old 16 Mar 2009, 05:54 (Ref:2416415)   #4
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My only criticism is that the second half of the full circuit has a lot of repeating corners. Also, I agree with werner that the track is good up until turn 8. I prefer your other designs, but still not bad.
Old 30 Mar 2009, 03:21 (Ref:2428635)   #5
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm all for figure-of-eight designs, they're cool, but the area with all the bypasses for the shorter circuits and the overpass looks a bit crammed for me, especially if it were to be put into construction. I'm just saying this because of the same problem that I had with Mount Hill.

But Werner's not wrong, there are quite a few layouts and it would be hard to get bored racing it. It's not a bad track though from my perspective.
Old 30 Mar 2009, 13:22 (Ref:2428990)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've put Quandry park on hold for the moment, whilst wroking on something a little simpler. I will get back to it with the full graphic which includes paddock access, though I'm sure my method will incite criticism.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 02:16 (Ref:2430228)   #7
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That will bring people back, constructive criticism is good for this sub-forum I think. Looking forward to it.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2432459)   #8
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This one is a beast of two halves really. I agree with Stig that the 2nd half of this circuit has lots of repeating corners. The first half is rather quick whereas the 2nd half looks rather Mickey-Mousey, even though it still retains some kind of flow.
I'm sorry to say that I feel that this design isn't really up to par when compared to your other recent designs. It looks rather like it was based on a 2 year old sketch or something, complete with the one aesthetic element from your designs of that period which I never really liked: an overabundance of parallel straights. Here, we've got 4 of them, located more or less equidistant to each other.
I guess it's a track that's OK from a technical point of view, and I might even enjoy using it on a simulator, but aesthetically, I just don't like it.
I'll try editing it, but you might not recognize it afterwards.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:48 (Ref:2432497)   #9
Yannick
Veteran

So here is the quick edit. I lost the crossover and outlined only the long version, but maybe the corner shapes from my edit can inspire you to update your own design.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 19:07 (Ref:2432676)   #10
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
That would also remove the multi layout options
Old 12 Apr 2009, 11:08 (Ref:2439212)   #11
Yannick
Veteran

Yes, indeed, it would. I understand that the concept of the clockwise and anticlockwise layouts is very important to you. I'm sorry I couldn't come up with a design that keeps these ideas. Still, I hope that my suggestions have inspired you a bit to re-think the shape of some corners.