Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Dec 2023, 03:06 (Ref:4190127)   #51
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Everyone loves French Toast. But the love isnt returned for two
Anyone want to name names?
(I think one is obvious. But the second? There are a few names to choose from, but its safe to say that it not Max, Lewis, or Lando)

Outgoing AlphaTauri boss says two drivers ‘don’t belong in Formula 1’
Old 29 Dec 2023, 04:04 (Ref:4190129)   #52
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would guess Sargeant is a strong #1 and #2 could be either Stroll or Guanyu. I will go with Stroll as his #2. We probably will never know who is on his list.

Richard
Old 29 Dec 2023, 09:20 (Ref:4190140)   #53
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
I would guess Sargeant is a strong #1 and #2 could be either Stroll or Guanyu. I will go with Stroll as his #2. We probably will never know who is on his list.

Richard

To be fair Franz likes to stir things up a bit
Old 28 Feb 2024, 11:13 (Ref:4198628)   #54
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
According to my mathematical model (general explanation of how it works and 2012-2022 results here, however I have now included all the data back to 1987 and will write a huge article explaining it all soon), this was an average qualifying grid in 2023 if all the drivers had the same car:

1. Max Verstappen (FASTEST)
2. Lando Norris (+0.069%)
3. Charles Leclerc (+0.164%)
4. Lewis Hamilton (+0.283%)
5. Oscar Piastri (+0.295%)
6. Carlos Sainz (+0.328%)
7. Fernando Alonso (+0.368%)
8. George Russell (+0.411%)
9. Daniel Ricciardo (+0.499%)
10. Nico Hulkenberg (+0.506%)
11. Pierre Gasly (+0.518%)
12. Valtteri Bottas (+0.522%)
13. Esteban Ocon (+0.609%)
14. Alexander Albon (+0.687%)
15. Sergio Perez (+0.762%)
16. Kevin Magnussen (+0.835%)
17. Zhou Guanyu (+0.852%)
18. Yuki Tsunoda (+0.937%)
19. Lance Stroll (+1.157%)
20. Nyck de Vries (+1.370%)
21. Logan Sargeant (+1.476%)

I think Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri are too high because, with not many other teammate connections, Norris' destruction of Ricciardo when they were teammates has a considerable effect on his overall position when it probably wasn't representative of their actual levels.
Old 28 Feb 2024, 12:03 (Ref:4198633)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Norris' destruction of Ricciardo when they were teammates has a considerable effect on his overall position when it probably wasn't representative of their actual levels.
I think it probably was. I think many people still have their rose-tinteds on when looking at Danny Ric.
Old 28 Feb 2024, 22:14 (Ref:4198757)   #56
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think it probably was. I think many people still have their rose-tinteds on when looking at Danny Ric.
I'm a realist that's hoping for a cool redemption story.

But that rarely happens in F1. I can't think of many drivers that have hit rock bottom and come back to (relative) glory, or even rehabilitated their damaged reputation?

Gasly, Albon and Vettel are sort of there or thereabouts as recent examples I guess.
Old 29 Feb 2024, 09:43 (Ref:4198802)   #57
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I'm a realist that's hoping for a cool redemption story.

But that rarely happens in F1. I can't think of many drivers that have hit rock bottom and come back to (relative) glory, or even rehabilitated their damaged reputation?

Gasly, Albon and Vettel are sort of there or thereabouts as recent examples I guess.
Gasly and Albon were very young and inexperienced and, and i don't think can be compared with the vastly experienced Ricciardo.

Vettel is perhaps more comparable. He went off the boil towards the end at RBR, then seemingly regained some of his form initially at Ferrari before crashing at Hockenheim in 2018 and (in my opinion) was never really the same again. I don't read much into his Aston Martin years alongside Stroll.

I like Ricciardo, but it would be a big surprise to me if he was deemed more deserving of an RBR seat than some other drivers who might be available for next year - Sainz for example. But the 2 RB teams have done some very weird things with their choice of drivers before, so who knows.
Old 29 Feb 2024, 12:46 (Ref:4198884)   #58
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Of course I wrote the above just before Ricciardo set the fastest time in FP1.
Old 29 Feb 2024, 23:09 (Ref:4198991)   #59
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
The present times are meaningless.
Lando went from second in FP1 to last in FP2, yet his time in FP2 was 3/10ths faster than in FP1.
So the order here means nothing,
Its just an illusion.
Old 1 Mar 2024, 08:57 (Ref:4199029)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Of course I wrote the above just before Ricciardo set the fastest time in FP1.
As I once heard Martin Brundle say on Radio Le Mans, 'Don't go to the bookies with too much money.....'
Old 3 Mar 2024, 18:09 (Ref:4199757)   #61
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Christian Horner being one of them. I'm surprised they went down this road.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 22:21 (Ref:4199785)   #62
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Based on how Bahrain went you could probably suggest Tsunoda is at DR's level.
Yuki was leading DR and according to his later comments was alongside Magnussen when asked to give way to Ricciardo who had fresher tyres, but still failed to make any in way on KM.
The longer this goes on it seems Tsunoda;s star is shining brighter....
Old 4 Mar 2024, 09:31 (Ref:4199839)   #63
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Based on how Bahrain went you could probably suggest Tsunoda is at DR's level.
Yuki was leading DR and according to his later comments was alongside Magnussen when asked to give way to Ricciardo who had fresher tyres, but still failed to make any in way on KM.
The longer this goes on it seems Tsunoda;s star is shining brighter....
Really? Tsunoda has done hardly anything of note in how many seasons now? I know he is a bang average car, but he has done nothing to show that he is anything more than an Average F1 driver.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 12:30 (Ref:4199883)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Which right now is much the same as Ricciardo....
Old 4 Mar 2024, 23:35 (Ref:4199990)   #65
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Which right now is much the same as Ricciardo....
Exactly.
If what Steve said about Yuki is true, then the same applies to Danny.
Old 5 Mar 2024, 12:35 (Ref:4200066)   #66
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
Yeah, I think that Torro Rosso / RB or whatever they are called now have one of the least inspiring driver pairings on the grid.
Old 5 Mar 2024, 14:28 (Ref:4200080)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As uninspiring as their renaming.....
Old 7 Mar 2024, 00:56 (Ref:4200286)   #68
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So this thread has carried on to 2024 driver rankings ?

I cant argue with the official power rankings

Old 7 Mar 2024, 02:26 (Ref:4200288)   #69
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Official Power Rankings = still ultimately just someone's opinion.

Hard to argue with much of that, but not much more Max could have done to get a 10.